0.2 bar BOV

Akat

Feb 7, 2006
hi,

i would like to ask wether BOV can produce pss sound on 1 to 3 psi or at 0.1 and 0.2 bar? if possible, what type bov u guys recommended - and as for me, i need a pull type bov instead of push type as u can see only 0.2 bar has been boosted.. actually i manage to close the bov at idle, but i just wanna ask about this cool sound appearance, wether they got or not at 0.1 or 0.2 bar? or it just a flutter?

ps - sorry for my dumbness

Darth

Known Member
May 10, 2005
Selangor
0.2 bar?r you using bolt on turbokit (BOT)?

try to look for standard OEM Blow off from DAIHATSU MIRA series.......

Akat

Feb 7, 2006
no, im not using any bolt on kit.. still staying with NA, but i got a way to boost it into 0.24bar as read by SAFC... but too much air stuck after it spools, become surging at the moment the gear were shifted and my ride suddenly shock like jump at the moment when TB is opening.. so i might thinking to put BOV before the TB to suck all the left boost away and start spooling another one.. and about the BOV open at idle, i just made something that can control the BOV opening for a second while shifting the gear using TPS and MAP sensor taps like SAFC did.. so no worries about my BOV opening at idle and leaks, its all settled, just left the part that BOV has to be fitted in the ram..

may i get the pic of the oem bov u just said?

im sorry im asking the NA question at force induction thread here..

Akat

Feb 7, 2006
yup.... that has been stated on the SAFC i got when at WOT.. im not sure enough to put that BOV yet, thats y im asking here, wether anyone can suggest me a good one for sound at low boost like in my case here... and also, i dont wanna loose my boost just for that cool BOV sound, and also i cant manage to find BOV best suited my low boost.. anyone???

Darth

Known Member
May 10, 2005
Selangor
Akat said:
no, im not using any bolt on kit.. still staying with NA, but i got a way to boost it into 0.24bar as read by SAFC... but too much air stuck after it spools, become surging at the moment the gear were shifted and my ride suddenly shock like jump at the moment when TB is opening.. so i might thinking to put BOV before the TB to suck all the left boost away and start spooling another one.. and about the BOV open at idle, i just made something that can control the BOV opening for a second while shifting the gear using TPS and MAP sensor taps like SAFC did.. so no worries about my BOV opening at idle and leaks, its all settled, just left the part that BOV has to be fitted in the ram..

may i get the pic of the oem bov u just said?

im sorry im asking the NA question at force induction thread here..
well..sorry i don't have the pictures...but then try to look on some L2 or L5 turbocharged engine....n you can see the BOV.....currently the engine on stock standard running on 0.5-0.6 bar only.....

how did you get the boost if not running on any forced induction?how you compress the air if you said ur engine on NA?

Last edited:

Akat

Feb 7, 2006
if u look at the primitive way boosting and compressing the air, there's only 2 FI right, wether go for TC with exhaust driven, or SC with the belt driven... as for me, i still force the induction with only compress it into 2 to 3 psi, due to my engine limited in stroker wise, and such.. which is i still refering my ride to NA just because im not FI it using the primitive way of boosting like we just mentioned above :regular_smile: ... 'I HAVE MY OWN WAY' of boosting, beleive me, and its not the time to reveal everything yet to the public due to all the flames that i'll have to face and all the flames that ive got before, i experienced it once.. people more skeptical in the first place before looks into the calculation and the law of physics first:retarded: .. i admit this is more on like DIY, and a lot of calculation ive been made to build it, and it proofing something that my SAFC read 0.24bar everytime i WOT.. i dont know if u say my SAFC is malfuntion or what, but it does his job well till now as AFC means for his name.. for now, only i can tell is, i used Apexi super Intake with 4 inch intake for my filter, and it gave me 1psi of boost already.. yeah nothing to compare with traditional TC and SC but at least i got the 0.07bar 'already' - at least rite:regular_smile: ... and btw, im not using any surbo in the line, but still dont know wether it help or just a scam products... btw, for those who really wanna see in the engineering-looks-figure, just wait about next month, i will post the Dyno of it.. but im telling u guys here, im not a riceboy that cheat u guys on Dyno load preset, im giving the actual view... mmm btw, no need BOV then i think, cos the lowest it can get is 0.5... *sigh*

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
there's no BOV to "create" the pssh for such a low boost coz there's no need to release pressure at such a harmless level.if there is..it is very unaudible.

Last edited:

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
N/A engine with forced induction? Eh? Interesting.

I can only think of Ram-air... but thats not considered boosting is it.

Anyway my original GSR bov produces a bit of noise when released at 0.2 bars.

gsrTurbo9166

500 RPM
Apr 23, 2005
Akat said:
if u look at the primitive way boosting and compressing the air, there's only 2 FI right, wether go for TC with exhaust driven, or SC with the belt driven... as for me, i still force the induction with only compress it into 2 to 3 psi, due to my engine limited in stroker wise, and such.. which is i still refering my ride to NA just because im not FI it using the primitive way of boosting like we just mentioned above :regular_smile: ... 'I HAVE MY OWN WAY' of boosting, beleive me, and its not the time to reveal everything yet to the public due to all the flames that i'll have to face and all the flames that ive got before, i experienced it once.. people more skeptical in the first place before looks into the calculation and the law of physics first:retarded: .. i admit this is more on like DIY, and a lot of calculation ive been made to build it, and it proofing something that my SAFC read 0.24bar everytime i WOT.. i dont know if u say my SAFC is malfuntion or what, but it does his job well till now as AFC means for his name.. for now, only i can tell is, i used Apexi super Intake with 4 inch intake for my filter, and it gave me 1psi of boost already.. yeah nothing to compare with traditional TC and SC but at least i got the 0.07bar 'already' - at least rite:regular_smile: ... and btw, im not using any surbo in the line, but still dont know wether it help or just a scam products... btw, for those who really wanna see in the engineering-looks-figure, just wait about next month, i will post the Dyno of it.. but im telling u guys here, im not a riceboy that cheat u guys on Dyno load preset, im giving the actual view... mmm btw, no need BOV then i think, cos the lowest it can get is 0.5... *sigh*
bro
really cant wait to c ur car

Akat

Feb 7, 2006
yeah man... no surbo... please read properly.. mmm, thats mean BOV at 0.2 bar only give flutter instead... then no BOV needed... just maintain with what i have... mine... the engine.. u must be shock when i tell u about this... i dont know the exact name for an korean car engine like mine - MY RIDE IS PICANTO... 1.1 Manual... stupid choose i guess if u look into performance wise in future... but at least, can go 180kmh very easy now..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Good day to to all the Sifusss, please help me on this, my w124 is shaking left right like sitting in the boat, it happened when cornering and sometimes on bumping road..i changed new 4 new absorbels and 4 new tires but still the same. any idea how this could happen? Please help. Thank you.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience