front anti roll bar

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
dear all,

recently i have change and install a front anti roll bar from dsport to my perodua viva 1.0 auto.
i find that now the steering feels heavy.is that normal? :confused:

thanks

DerrickEe

Known Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Not so sure about ARB, but I installed a C-tech rear strut bar on my Viva and yeap steering was slightly heavier than usual. But steering was fine when I installed a Mugen High Power replica front strut bar.

Btw,how's the front ARB's affect on your Viva's handling? :smile:

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
for me the handling feel better.
cornering and even when highspeed, it feels much more stable.

however the downside is the steering feels much heavier.
this is my wifey car...eventhough she rarely drives it now. :rolleyes:
i dun tink she can tolerate with the steering feel and response.
i better change back to OEM before i got my ears pull... :rofl:

DerrickEe

Known Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
:rofl: All these bars really work like a charm on Viva, increasing their handling significantly! Haha but its sad that you have to change it back to OEM.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Well I had installed upper front strut, fender, rear lower arm and rear ARB. All of these do not affect the steering. Do have some improvement on body roll and the biting is somehow feel more intact than stock.

Btw, im driving myvi lagi best. Although the steering is electrically driven, it should be heavier if there's effect too.

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
Well I had installed upper front strut, fender, rear lower arm and rear ARB. All of these do not affect the steering. Do have some improvement on body roll and the biting is somehow feel more intact than stock.

Btw, im driving myvi lagi best. Although the steering is electrically driven, it should be heavier if there's effect too.
i already installed from UR the front strut bar and rear arb.
those does not effect the steering feel at all, but still give noticeable impact when driving hard.

so i never tot front sway/anti roll bar gives this effect.

shoot man...another investment gone to drain... :banghead:

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
for me the handling feel better.
cornering and even when highspeed, it feels much more stable.

however the downside is the steering feels much heavier.
this is my wifey car...eventhough she rarely drives it now. :rolleyes:
i dun tink she can tolerate with the steering feel and response.
i better change back to OEM before i got my ears pull... :rofl:
Good ma, heavier steering have more confident at highspeed ma. HAHA.

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
Good ma, heavier steering have more confident at highspeed ma. HAHA.
but going to give trouble for my other half if need to park the car and squeeze out of traffic during traffic jams...
later i oso get into trouble...

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
if its new sure expensive. :bawling:
no wonder UR never produce this sway bar for viva.

however the labor cost to install and uninstall is quite expensive... :bawling:
Ouch, why you so fast install it? I think OEM 1 is good enough edi. Just install top structure bar and rear ARB will do.

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
Ouch, why you so fast install it? I think OEM 1 is good enough edi. Just install top structure bar and rear ARB will do.
tot of improving the handling more by compensating the front strut bar and rear arb. :burnout:
furthermore i didnt find any negative comment on front bar yet when i research thru the worldwideweb.
everyone says good road feeling, good traction, good cornering etc...

since it effect the steering feel...i guess need to take it out...coz sometimes my other half will still drives this car since this is the only auto tranny car.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
tot of improving the handling more by compensating the front strut bar and rear arb. :burnout:
furthermore i didnt find any negative comment on front bar yet when i research thru the worldwideweb.
everyone says good road feeling, good traction, good cornering etc...

since it effect the steering feel...i guess need to take it out...coz sometimes my other half will still drives this car since this is the only auto tranny car.
Reducing the car height has far more better handling than adding ARB. Of course, also problematic coz will kena ramp or bumps haha

Viva got power steering right? Is there any possible way to make the output power stronger to cater the ARB effect? Then you dont have to waste the ARB...

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
but going to give trouble for my other half if need to park the car and squeeze out of traffic during traffic jams...
later i oso get into trouble...
Let your wife try it for a few more weeks. Don't sell the anti-roll bar yet. I believe she'll get used to it and appreciate the high speed stability improvement of the car.. :driver:

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
Reducing the car height has far more better handling than adding ARB. Of course, also problematic coz will kena ramp or bumps haha

Viva got power steering right? Is there any possible way to make the output power stronger to cater the ARB effect? Then you dont have to waste the ARB...
dats y i change from sport spring to adjustables...coz with sport springs the ride height is too low.

btw, my foreman said maybe can try n flush the old power steering out first.
however i doubt it gonna make any different...

bought from mudah?
shhh.... :rofl:

Let your wife try it for a few more weeks. Don't sell the anti-roll bar yet. I believe she'll get used to it and appreciate the high speed stability improvement of the car.. :driver:
later if she dun wanna drive at all...then i m gonna b in big trouble...coz need to take her shopping, go to pasar/supermarket...which i m lazy... :smokin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

any one..! pls help me ..i have a problem here..
i own a Satria 1995, the problem was my steering a little bit wobble when on wavy road..
i already change the Tai-rod end , lower arm , cross member , power steering and steering rack bush.
But the problem still occur..
What i might think maybe the problem is from the steering shaft ( frm wheel steering under dashboard to steering rack..) plse any one if u have the before.
:driver:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience