B16A Manual and Auto Any Difference?

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Hi hondarian guys,

Recently my friend's 'EF9' had a blown gasket ( VTEC screaming all the way up to Genting Highland without checking radiator water 1st). Since he had already changed the gasket the 3rd time , he thought it is more better for him to 'drop in ' a kedai potong's used B16A. He was further informed that it was from a Auto donor. Since its cheaper than a manual unit , he bought the engine and swap the next day. Prior to that we opened up the cylinder head cover to have peep at the top . Everything checked out the same.

But when we tested the 'new' unit, the VTEC kick in feel were less noticeable. Even the VTEC scream were less audible. Do AT camshafts have less agressive profile during the 'switch over' ?

Any advise would help.

Thanks guys.

SB3:biggrin::biggrin:

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
yes the cams are different ..how exactly i am not sure..but it is said that the duration is toned down compared to the manual cam

manuals have more lift on vtec lobe.

lewis26

Known Member
Nov 29, 2005
as AD_EG mention, the cams are different.
just swap back in the cams..

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Its pretty common to see Mat salleh adding 2T as additives in their petrol/diesel tank (can do search from BITOG). They usually use TCW3 rated 2T since it is ashless and will not dirty up the combusion chamber..

when added to petrol/diesel, the 2T basically lubricate and clean up the fuel pump, injector top piston and etc.. This will give a very smooth ride and better fuel consumption... I have tried it myself and found that the car become very smooth but nothing much improve on the FC...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience