Dastek Unichip

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
Has anybody tried cam-shaft tuning with Unichip?

Cam Phasing? Lift timing? Idling with race cams?

ongwoeiluen

Known Member
Oct 14, 2004
nowhere
Has anybody tried cam-shaft tuning with Unichip?

Cam Phasing? Lift timing? Idling with race cams?
not so good in those stuff.....unichip actually for conti car..for ur vtec or japan engine got for e-manage ultimate plus v-manage...

Last edited by a moderator:

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
Not so good ...... but can the cam settings be tuned?

Are you using unichip currently?

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
i hav actually tried adjustable pulley to a 4G15 usin SVDO ems it didnt work the engine warning lamp came on and fault code "cylinder 1 signal missing" means the ecu cant detect the 1st cylinder location TDC
Sorry for digging up an old post but i think I have figured out a way to overcome this.

I have got my cam sensor housing modified so that a small adjustment can be made, to advance or retard the cam reading.

I am waiting for my Works adj. cam gear to be delivered.

With 2 degrees advance, for example, on the cam timing, I will retard the cam sensor by 2 degrees so that it's back to a syncronized angle with the crank reading.

This, should solve the problem. IMHO.

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
for example the 4g15 engine usin SVDO system under the cam angle sensor is the camshaft at the end part of the camshaft is a metal groove that feeds back info to the cam angle sensor the position of the 1st cylinder so that the ecu knows how to start the firing and injection time and bla bla bla lotsa stuff.This process takes place when u just start ur car so if the position of that groove is at a wrong position the cam angle sensor cant detect where is the groove located
whenever the cam and crank reading are not in sync, the ECU will log a fault code and the whole system will be switched into limp home mode. Rev is limited to prevent the valves from hitting the cylinders. On an unmodified engine, this condition can occur when, 1. the timing belt jumps a tooth (retarded), or 2. the rubber damper on the crank pulley got dislodged causing the timing rotor to retard a bit.

As i mentioned earlier, to prevent the fault code, you can modify the cam sensor housing so that the cam timing plate can be adjusted back to be insync with the crank timing rotor.

However, a fault code is only produced when the cam-crank difference is more than 9 degrees.... i guess you must have advanced the cam too much? Or maybe you miss a tooth during the installation?

dustbin

Known Member
Dec 12, 2006
Hi guys!!

just curious, has anyone installed unichip on a 4AGE 20V before?
what's the results interms on HP and torgue gain?
thanks

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya
ANyone know where can we can Unichip Q wiring diagram and the tuning cable?

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
* ITEM SOLD! *

Thank you all for your support!

Dastek Unichip Q+ for SALE!

Unichip is a state of the art piggy-back ECU (Engine Control Unit), designed to optimise the tuning of your petrol car in harmony with your existing ECU. Because every UNICHIP is live tuned to your vehicle, you can be sure you're geting the very most out of your car and any modifications you've made to it.

When a car comes from the factory, it's ECU is set up with very cautious settings from the manufacturer, designed to take account of a wide variation in engineering tolerances, driving conditions and environmental factors. To fine tune each engine off the production line would take more time money and resources than makes sense for the manufacturer.

This is where the UNICHIP comes in. Using the up-to-the-minute tuning facilities of the UNICHIP we can guarantee to give you 100% of your engine's performance 100% of the time. What's more, using our unique modular design UNICHIP can control just about any performance modification you can think of, including Turbochargers, superchargers, nitrous injection, water injection, propane injection, launch control, full throttle gearchanges and much more.

Variable valve timing adjustment

Rev limit adjustment

Boost limit & level adjustment

Five individual maps which can be switched on the fly without any glitch

Water Injection mapping

Nitrous oxide progressive injection

Bigger/supplementary injector mapping

Variable manifold flap switching

Launch control

Full throttle gear shift

Anti over-DRifT control - push a button to tuck the rear back in when you over-DRifT!

Road speed limiter removal

Speedo conversion for non-standard wheel size

Shift light

Idle speed stabilisation for engine fitted with hot camshafts

Automatic gearbox optimization

Improved torque converter lock-up on automatic cars

How much POWER will I get?
As much as is possible! As every car is live tuned on a dynamometer and every car is different, it's impossible to quote exact figures, but most normally aspirated (non-turbo) cars will see 7-12bhp gains, with turbocharged cars giving anything from 20-60bhp depending on make or model. However, no other chip will give you more. We also gain better response by tuning the auto gearbox shift point so that the gearbox is less lazy. We improve the torque converter lock-up as well for better acceleration. This effect cannot be shown on the graph or on the dyno, but you can surely feel your car come alive even without driving hard!

What makes UNICHIP better than the rest?
In short, live-mapping on a dynamometer and proper monitoring equipment. Our dynamometer is also different from many in which ours has two rollers, one to measure power and the other one is the brake where we can hold the engine RPM steadily. This is very important for tuning. On a single roller dyno, the operator does many acceleration runs which do not mimic real world conditions. It does not have the ability to hold the engine at a fixed RPM. Only UNICHIP is fully customised to your individual car, so only UNCHIP can get the maximum performance out of your car whilst retaining all the standard safety and diagnostic functions of your standard ECU.

Will it damage my car?
Absolutely not. All cars are tuned within the manufacturers safety limits. UNICHIP achieves its gains by running the engine more efficiently, not more harshly. We also do not rev your engine pass redline like some of our competitors.

Will it harm my Fuel Economy?
This is the best part, No. Because UNICHIP is tuned for maximum performance at full throttle and fuel efficiency at partial throttle, your fuel economy is actually likely to improve slightly provided your driving style remains the same. This is possible because we extract more power out of using the same amount of fuel.

Malaysia Listed Retail Price: RM2290

MY PRICE: RM1450 best price

Only 1 unit LEFT (pre-owned),

For Serious purchasers only, PM for enquiries.

* ITEM SOLD! *

Thank you all for your support!

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

where to get steel hose for my fuel line?

can someone point me to where can i purchase steel braided hose for my fuel line which hooks up to my fuel pressure regulator? i think mine cracked cause it is leaking. my ride is an evo7.

thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience