Dastek Unichip

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya
Anyone have tried this Dastek Unichip piggy back?
Any feedback?

CcL

500 RPM
Nov 25, 2003
am using it on me car...
its pretty much not bad a piggyback and gets good reviews overseas.
its all down to the tuner actually. ;)

speedz1665

500 RPM
Aug 3, 2004
CCL,

how much does it cost? approx figures??...

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya
CcL said:
am using it on me car...
its pretty much not bad a piggyback and gets good reviews overseas.
its all down to the tuner actually. ;)
How many % HP and torque increament that you get after install this Unichip?

CcL

500 RPM
Nov 25, 2003
hmmm
estimated la... before was 155whp. can't dyno bcoz keep fuel cut.

installed unichip + boost module + xtra injector. got 200+whp la. exact figure i shy to tell. but more than 50 horses was hell of an increase don't u think?

my price was 2k+ abit. i think u can get it about 2.5k or so... Tom also using unichip if i've not mistaken... but 1 thing la... unichip not many people can tune. that you have to put that in mind...

oh... as for torque... circa 400Nm... lost my dyno charts.. lol

ps. the price don't include xtra injector & bracket... terlupa

Last edited:

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya
CcL said:
hmmm
estimated la... before was 155whp. can't dyno bcoz keep fuel cut.

installed unichip + boost module + xtra injector. got 200+whp la. exact figure i shy to tell. but more than 50 horses was hell of an increase don't u think?

my price was 2k+ abit. i think u can get it about 2.5k or so... Tom also using unichip if i've not mistaken... but 1 thing la... unichip not many people can tune. that you have to put that in mind...

oh... as for torque... circa 400Nm... lost my dyno charts.. lol

ps. the price don't include xtra injector & bracket... terlupa
Huh!! that is impressive!!! but for turbo application definately can get very radical power output.
I'm just using N/A engine.
4AGE 20V ....if can get 10% -15% enough already.

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya
Actually I already called Viswork, they quoted me RM1800 included dyno tuning.

if wanna increase rev cut, additional RM250.

CcL

500 RPM
Nov 25, 2003
yah yah
non-turbo is cheaper. coz the turbo module cost about 600 or so...
can la.... vis auto can tune... is whether they got the heart to or not... now adays... all first priority also money... sian la... thats why sometime fedup with workshops.

the main tuners in vis are ah chew and ah weng... ah chew being the partner of visauto and more experience in tuning. ah weng is damn frenly, nice guy and tuning is ok. only got once he tuned too rich and my car started bogging. aiyah... its either him or my car... so i duno. old car lotsa prob also la.... :P

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya
CcL said:
yah yah
non-turbo is cheaper. coz the turbo module cost about 600 or so...
can la.... vis auto can tune... is whether they got the heart to or not... now adays... all first priority also money... sian la... thats why sometime fedup with workshops.

the main tuners in vis are ah chew and ah weng... ah chew being the partner of visauto and more experience in tuning. ah weng is damn frenly, nice guy and tuning is ok. only got once he tuned too rich and my car started bogging. aiyah... its either him or my car... so i duno. old car lotsa prob also la.... :P
But the only thing is I'm in KL, and have to go all the way to JB to install n tune it

basahboy

Known Member
Feb 22, 2005
Angsana Hilir
Visit site
dunno about you guys but most kaki would go down to JB just to install the unichip...many JBrians are on unichip...there have a good tuner...i believe they have a tuner here in KL but not too surelah...

for NA about 10-15% after tunelah...thats prolly true...

CcL

500 RPM
Nov 25, 2003
hmmmm
actually my mech got a dastek dynometer, tuning port for unichip etc etc

ah chew comes KL once a month to tune the unichips. i think he is commin down mid august. installation of unichip my mech's place can do... just that tuning he is new to it... experience counts la u shud know ;)

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
possible to install Unichip and tune for better FC? assuming if the stock ECU mapping is the best..then there's nothing left to tune, is that correct?

Last edited:

CcL

500 RPM
Nov 25, 2003
correct.
certain BMW models can't get extra power nor better fuel consumption bcoz its at the optimum. not all... some.

syahzreen

Aug 13, 2005
malaysia
Normaly unichip is good for the new car and just piggy back,easy to tune if u know the basic tuning.Unichips very popular for the continental car.Now unichips try run it for JDM cars.For me to get 15 to 30% horsepower from the unichips it good budget.
U can contack MR Lim 019 330 9426 he is friendly guy from RS Impressive Motorworks.(Unichip Dealer in KL)He have a good tunner to tune your unichip and microtech also.Have a Destek Dyno facility.

:rock: :rock: :rock:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi... i'm kinda new here just wanna ask few question...

I'm driving a normal wira i just wonder izzit i can make a hole at my car front door to put a speaker in?

I need wat equipment to make a hole there?a saw?

Behind the door izzit already got a wire for the speaker orl need to be wiring myself.I just need some advise.

And for the tweeter i also dunno how to put in also.Can all the PRO list all the equipment i need.So i can start my 1st time DIY.

Thanks for helping..........:_:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience