Aston Martin V12 Zagato hits the racetrack

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

Many a time road-going cars are later turned into track-terrors that leave a lasting legacy on the asphalt of circuits, apart from permanently etching themselves firmly in the back of the minds of adolescent boys just picking up on the whiff of petrol and burnt rubber.

Very rarely though do cars first come about in race-trim before making the downgrade to roadworthy and finding themselves homes in our garages. One such recent example would be the Lexus LFA, which was first unveiled in concept form before taking to the Nurburgring and then only being commercially available in road-guise.

Now Aston Martin are going down that less-traveled route with their V12 Zagato. First shown at the Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este, it was then entered in race-form at the VLN race last weekend at the Nurburgring. Only Later down the line will Aston Martin unveil a street-spec version of the car in limited numbers.

The thing about being so beautiful as the V12 Zagato, it doesn’t really matter how well it performed at the race. Admit it, you weren’t even thinking about how well it finished over wanting to look at pictures of it on the track?

Just so you know, the car completed just five laps before waving the Union Jack. Nonetheless, the more seasoned entries from Aston Martin, such as the V8 Vantage, did grab a second-in-class finish.

Don’t be judging the V12 Zagato on its first race outing though as it was purely for developmental purposes and it will be back in tandem next month for a full assault on the Nurburgring.

Unfortunately, we have but only one picture of the car on the track but hopefully more will pop up in the next few days.

Source: Autoblog

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
"Many a time road-going cars are later turned into track-terrors that leave a lasting legacy on the asphalt of circuits, apart from permanently etching themselves firmly in the back of the minds of adolescent boys just picking up on the whiff of petrol and burnt rubber." <--- took me quite a while to digest this... pheww~

hehhee

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Bad tinting experiance today at Raytech Tinting puchong.

Dont know what they did and causing my brake light faulty. Didnt press the brake but the light keep ON.

ask them what happen Tai Chi me to check with Kia SC because my brake switch got problem. Not their fault. No choice I have to immediately drove to Kia SC for checking. they cant figure out what happen and advice me come on Monday for full cehcking as already 6PM saturday now. So i drove home my car with brake light on ALL THE...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience