Wira fitting Satria GTi front bumper and spacers

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
suspension setup oso out.....because the suspension geometry lari....

All gaya, but no usefulness, i guess.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
These are adapter type spacers. These are use in the event you need to offset a lot and the original lugs are not long enough so these are use. First they are lock to the original lugs and the rims are locked to the adapter lugs.
These also can be use to change the PCD. For example your lugs are PCD 100 and you have rims with PCD 114.3, so you can use these to change the PCD.
Can also use to change from 4 lugs to 5 lugs. All depends on what you want done.
But the cons are these adapter spacer will be very thick, of course unless you really want the rims to come out more...:driver:

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Yup, with the wheels further out, it stresses the lugs and even the wheel bearings
Means, spacer is needed for offset? Don't use spacer can? And those what they call 8jj is tyre or wheel/rim?

but the ppl driving offset wheel cars dont care about stressing the bearing and lugs.
They only care about the kangkang look.

**How I wish to see the driver's face when he scrap their rims on the road kerb**.
Offset looks good though... Those who play around with camber and hellaflush will scrape their cars even more.

slipar

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
banting - pj
Means, spacer is needed for offset? Don't use spacer can? And those what they call 8jj is tyre or wheel/rim?

Offset looks good though... Those who play around with camber and hellaflush will scrape their cars even more.
avoid spacer if possible..for wira offset 35 max out already n need to ketuk fender..i think today rim sell at tyre shop offset measurement not 100% correct..those overly wide rim like 8jj on 15" must have small offset if not sure sangkut inside wheel house n it sure come out some more..

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Another reason why offset wheels are so popular is becoz of cheap taiwanese knock-off rims.
Below RM1000, can get wide ass rim now.

Everyone can own TE37 like nobody business. Nobody bat an eye when they see TE37 today.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Means you did not digest my earlier postings....haha
I mention earlier as far as possible not to use spacers, get the correct offset rims.
As mentioned by bro. slipar and also I mentioned earlier +35 for wira already the tyres will scrub the rear wheel fender, Any smaller number offset will bring the wheels further out.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Means you did not digest my earlier postings....haha
I mention earlier as far as possible not to use spacers, get the correct offset rims.
As mentioned by bro. slipar and also I mentioned earlier +35 for wira already the tyres will scrub the rear wheel fender, Any smaller number offset will bring the wheels further out.
Sorry for that. Just that I'm still confused.

So, for offset, the lower the number, the further the wheels will come out. Just as reference, our normal tyres setup is usually what number?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Sorry for that. Just that I'm still confused.

So, for offset, the lower the number, the further the wheels will come out. Just as reference, our normal tyres setup is usually what number?
Should be 45 to 55 but depends on the car make also, and this is for FWD. RWD can have 0 offset, or even minus because their hub is set further in

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Should be 45 to 55 but depends on the car make also, and this is for FWD. RWD can have 0 offset, or even minus because their hub is set further in
Eh, 0? That is way more than the max limit for Wira where you say max is 35.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Oh one other thing with spacers. You run the risk of wobbling at high speeds if engineered badly

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Oh one other thing with spacers. You run the risk of wobbling at high speeds if engineered badly
So those cars with widebody in order to extend the tyre out to match the wide fenders by adding spacers, will risk of wobbling at high speeds if not done properly?

That's kinda dangerous right if wobbling

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
So those cars with widebody in order to extend the tyre out to match the wide fenders by adding spacers, will risk of wobbling at high speeds if not done properly?

I mean those spacers badly engineered will be impossible to balance the wheel resulting in wobbling at speed la.

Avoid aluminum spacers at all costs. They will warp and deform after time.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yup, for RWD. Want them to come out use minus as in -10, -20 and so on....:driver:
Oh.. This only applies to RWD? 4WD is like FWD?

I mean those spacers badly engineered will be impossible to balance the wheel resulting in wobbling at speed la.

Avoid aluminum spacers at all costs. They will warp and deform after time.
Seems very dangerous. If the wheels came off halfway during driving, that can be the end for the driver.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

They can do wide body, probably they already have the correct offset rims, not spacers.....:driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Seems very dangerous. If the wheels came off halfway during driving, that can be the end for the driver.
Happened before to a friend on track - but he was using aluminum lug nuts which eventually popped off after it loosened.

I've never heard of anyone using aluminum spacers even though I've seen them before. Most if not all use hard steel. The only risk is the lugs itself and whether or not it can support the weight

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all sifus!! Wondering if anyone here can advise on how to custom fibre tweeter panels for my wira. What materials do i need? Where can i buy the materials? Finally, how do i do it ? Thanks in advance !!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience