Wira fitting Satria GTi front bumper and spacers

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
They can do wide body, probably they already have the correct offset rims, not spacers.....:driver:
Oh...just use negative offset rims. Always wonder how the wheel come out more than OEM. :rofl:

Happened before to a friend on track - but he was using aluminum lug nuts which eventually popped off after it loosened.

I've never heard of anyone using aluminum spacers even though I've seen them before. Most if not all use hard steel. The only risk is the lugs itself and whether or not it can support the weight
What happened to your friend then?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
They can do wide body, probably they already have the correct offset rims, not spacers.....:driver:
Rather go for offset rims instead of spacers. So dangerous if rim fly off. BTW, when I see those offset tyres, the rubber on their tyres looked like stretched out on the outside part. The part where usually the words are written on tyres. Got tyres designed like this meh?

This pic for example.

Happened before to a friend on track - but he was using aluminum lug nuts which eventually popped off after it loosened.

I've never heard of anyone using aluminum spacers even though I've seen them before. Most if not all use hard steel. The only risk is the lugs itself and whether or not it can support the weight
That's scary. Aluminum spacers sounded like a suicide idea.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Rather go for offset rims instead of spacers. So dangerous if rim fly off. BTW, when I see those offset tyres, the rubber on their tyres looked like stretched out on the outside part. The part where usually the words are written on tyres. Got tyres designed like this meh?

This pic for example.

That's scary. Aluminum spacers sounded like a suicide idea.
Go for offset rims is the best then :smile:

Those they stretched the tyres which is not exactly recommended. Like in your photo...damn that one is stretched kaw kaw wei...

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
What happened to your friend then?
actually lemme see if he'll allow me to post the pic here. :biggrin:

In the end a whole bunch of folks had to help lift the car onto jacks to reinstall the wheel. I think there wasn't any damage

-edit-

Ah screw permission. His number plate is blanked out anyway. :biggrin:

The aluminium lugnut broke or something and his wheel flew out mid corner.

Attachments

Last edited:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
those kedai abang lug nut cant take the stress during track event.

Nothing beats the steel nuts. Almost indestructable..

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

You talking about spacers alone or those adapters type. I have used aluminum spacers before but 1/4 inch only, so no change in my lugs. No problem....:driver:

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Offset and stretched are two different things again. Offset make you wheels in or out of wheel fender.
Stretched is because tyres are too narrow or rims are too wide, nothing to do with offset...:smokin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
actually lemme see if he'll allow me to post the pic here. :biggrin:

In the end a whole bunch of folks had to help lift the car onto jacks to reinstall the wheel. I think there wasn't any damage

-edit-

Ah screw permission. His number plate is blanked out anyway. :biggrin:

The aluminium lugnut broke or something and his wheel flew out mid corner.
Bumpers till looks fine. Luckily no major harm done.

You talking about spacers alone or those adapters type. I have used aluminum spacers before but 1/4 inch only, so no change in my lugs. No problem....:driver:

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Offset and stretched are two different things again. Offset make you wheels in or out of wheel fender.
Stretched is because tyres are too narrow or rims are too wide, nothing to do with offset...:smokin:
Oh, because usually I often see those offset wheels coupled together with these stretched tyres.
Meaning that these tyres are actually ordinary tyres but those people stretched it to look like this?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bumpers till looks fine. Luckily no major harm done.

Oh, because usually I often see those offset wheels coupled together with these stretched tyres.
Meaning that these tyres are actually ordinary tyres but those people stretched it to look like this?
Yup, wide rims but narrow tyres....:banghead:

slipar

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
banting - pj
tyre not wide enough la like that..if bocor rim will suffer the most..if cheapo rim than ok la..if those using damn expensive & rare rim..aiyooo..
tyre sidewall over stretch will make the tyre sidewall lose it function already..maybe it good for the look & style but for safety its not acceptable..for me safety come 1st before look..

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
tyre not wide enough la like that..if bocor rim will suffer the most..if cheapo rim than ok la..if those using damn expensive & rare rim..aiyooo..
tyre sidewall over stretch will make the tyre sidewall lose it function already..maybe it good for the look & style but for safety its not acceptable..for me safety come 1st before look..
Yup, tyre is safety item, for me also cannot simply fit.... :driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I agree with you.

Yup, tyre is safety item, for me also cannot simply fit.... :driver:
I've seen pictures of people who play with negative camber and all those stance setup do this to their tyres even in Malaysia. So, this is actually very bad for the tyres....

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I agree with you.

I've seen pictures of people who play with negative camber and all those stance setup do this to their tyres even in Malaysia. So, this is actually very bad for the tyres....
They got the $$$ to change tyres often mah!.....:biggrin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
if got no marney, just pilih-pilih those tayar lambak at tyre shop.

"This tayar got 40% bunga, Dunlop brand" "That tayar pulak 60% bunga, Yoko brand"

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
They got the $$$ to change tyres often mah!.....:biggrin:
Those people who play with those, I don't know how can they drive on public roads. Their car is too low to go through speed bumps. Although it may look cool when they parked at gathering, but how did they manage to drive their car to the gathering spot in the first place. Don't know whether did they use spacers or not. :hmmmm:

if got no marney, just pilih-pilih those tayar lambak at tyre shop.

"This tayar got 40% bunga, Dunlop brand" "That tayar pulak 60% bunga, Yoko brand"
Buy 2nd hand tyres? So unreliable...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Those people who play with those, I don't know how can they drive on public roads. Their car is too low to go through speed bumps. Although it may look cool when they parked at gathering, but how did they manage to drive their car to the gathering spot in the first place. Don't know whether did they use spacers or not. :hmmmm:

Buy 2nd hand tyres? So unreliable...
I was following one with low stance and he was driving fast. Out of a sudden he slowed down because got small hump, then speed off fast again, then slow down again, will be tough driving that, like driving with speed bump all the way.....hahhahahha
Another was an Accord, went over speed hump real slow like inching over it.
Another was a gang with low mod suspension, go TT all park outside because cannot go into underground parking...:driver:

2nd. hand tyre are okay if you know how to see and check, especially the date, sidewall crack, punctures and bruises. I used to use 2nd hand but mine normally are traded in tyres that are still new, not half worn...hahaha

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The first Citroën Créative Tour 2011 was held in Paris on the 24th to 26th of June 2011 recently. They've showcased some current cars like the Citroën DS, Citroën DS Rally car and most importantly 16 types of prototype including GT by Citroën, inspired by the makers of the video game Gran Turismo 5 was let loose on the public ground. The older Citroën's were on display too as part of a tribute to its...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience