wira engine problem

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Apr 18, 2012
kota kinabalu
hi, i owned a wira 1.3 injections year of makin 2003. the car was using semi synthetic oil since the start n never missed an oil changing schedule. Recently, the car have a few problems. Early morning when i start the engine, the idling were not stable even after it has been warm up. And the dashboard meter showed an "engine check" sign even when i start to drive the car. After a few hrs of driving and park it with engine still running, there is a scent of petrol humes from the exhaust. (feels like the burning was not complete and it does consume extra fuel than normal about 0.25cent - 0.27cent a liter to the current fuel price of rm 1.90/liter). Then i open up the hood, n hears a "tapping" sounds in the stepper motor, and i seen some stain(oily or petrol stain, not sure) on the outter surrounding of the placement of the spark plug. Got it unplug, n i see a carbon accumulating it even i only uses it for only 2 months or so. i check my exhaust tail, it has a lot of carbon with sometimes throw up some liquid like substance and it smells like petrol (i use the car only 1-2 times a week). Other symptoms were there is a bubbling in the radiator cap with some rusty dark brown colour on it. ( currently i didnt use a coolant). ive check the dip stick n open up the oil cap, there is no "blow by" n no lost of engine oil. Does this symptoms i need to overhaul my car cos my mechanic says so?... :confused: thnks

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It’s a new year and before the willpower to stick to our resolutions is drained from our willing body, lets come clean on something shall we?

We all love crashes, especially motorsports one. Don’t even stutter trying to defend yourself. It’s the hurtful truth but it is what it is, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Why else would we stop to gawk at roadside accidents and cause a massive backlog...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience