Why do you like to mod your cars?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
When a BOT Neo smoked it, then see who's better. Wahahahha
I heard that Neo can put those Mitsubishi 'terbalik' type engine with timing belt on left side. Means newer 4G93T and 4G63T also can put in... But 4G63T illegal la...

See who say old?.....:rofl: Older people drive 5 series not 3 series.....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

Yup, people changing from 45 series 17" to 55 series 16", auto foam and sound proofing is all for comfort....
Danz needed cars like M3 or M5 only can satisfy him. Or maybe at least 335i or 535i. :biggrin:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
I heard that Neo can put those Mitsubishi 'terbalik' type engine with timing belt on left side. Means newer 4G93T and 4G63T also can put in... But 4G63T illegal la...

Danz needed cars like M3 or M5 only can satisfy him. Or maybe at least 335i or 535i. :biggrin:
nola....for me 325i enuf edi....m3 & m5 too powerful, summore roadtax mahal Oo..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I'm don't know much about ICE but from the sound of what you mentioned, I guess those insane setup cost like over 10k already? Probably can beat those what Mark Levinson, Logic 7, Bose, Bang & Olufsen setup in premium cars?
You can't compare those brands in those premium cars. 9/10 of those cars are specifically tuned with the car shape, size, interior, windscreen, dash material, etc all in mind. But if you compare a highly tuned Bose and compare with my setup that's tuned as well in my car (meaning both brands in my car), Bose is meh only. :biggrin:

I'm a Dynoaudio user but if you compare my setup vs a stock Volvo that comes with the tuned Dynoaudio setup, I'm pretty sure the Volvo will sound better, but my sub will be better since Volvos will probably use underseat woofers.

Anyway - you can tell I'm ICE gila. :biggrin:

nola....for me 325i enuf edi....m3 & m5 too powerful, summore roadtax mahal Oo..
Erm.. I have a friend whose 316Ti has a S3 engine in it (3.0L) without being registered. 1.6L roadtax but 3.0L performance in a tiny hatchback BMW Ti platform. Freaking awesome car.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Erm.. I have a friend whose 316Ti has a S3 engine in it (3.0L) without being registered. 1.6L roadtax but 3.0L performance in a tiny hatchback BMW Ti platform. Freaking awesome car.
ha! ha! sama sama as my post......:biggrin::biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
You can't compare those brands in those premium cars. 9/10 of those cars are specifically tuned with the car shape, size, interior, windscreen, dash material, etc all in mind. But if you compare a highly tuned Bose and compare with my setup that's tuned as well in my car (meaning both brands in my car), Bose is meh only. :biggrin:

I'm a Dynoaudio user but if you compare my setup vs a stock Volvo that comes with the tuned Dynoaudio setup, I'm pretty sure the Volvo will sound better, but my sub will be better since Volvos will probably use underseat woofers.

my satria only got basic 2.1 audio...a pair of 2-way midrange and a 12" woofer boosted by 1300w amp..driven direct with kenwood HU....small satria...no need a lot of speaker to start with :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
325i still NA wor. Thought you needed turbo to feel the G's.

Your current one plonk in 335i engine loh!.....(illegally then road tax cheap......:biggrin:)
335i using turbo engine with 300hp. :adore:

Maybe can illegal plonk also because JPJ usually more familiar with japanese engine compared to other continental engines.

Oh, I get it now. BTW, you have a total of how many speakers in your car?

I thought you mod engine gila only, haha.

316Ti very rare. Is that the one which looked like 3 series but in hatchback form?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
325i still NA wor. Thought you needed turbo to feel the G's.

335i using turbo engine with 300hp. :adore:

Maybe can illegal plonk also because JPJ usually more familiar with japanese engine compared to other continental engines.

Oh, I get it now. BTW, you have a total of how many speakers in your car?

I thought you mod engine gila only, haha.

316Ti very rare. Is that the one which looked like 3 series but in hatchback form?
He gila DIY.....:biggrin::biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Why I mod my cars? Coz not enough money to buy a car that's already perfect in the first place, so I mod just to make it a bit better overall: better looking, better handling, better ICE, better performance, better security. But also only a bit since I don't have much money to mod a lot too.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
RENESIS:
No idea actually until recent few years. Last time started to love cars is because of NFS 1st one. Got influence with seeing others playing that game in cybercafe. Last time only play Counter Strike.

That's when I started to fell in love with Celica GTS. Then modding, i dunno. Maybe influence by zth kaki. Not sure. Just have the feelings to improve the car better than it's stock form.

Best is to be able to have better performance than other similar cars on the road. Like Kelisa Vs, Kelisa. Mine better :biggrin: Something like that for a reason to mod. Best is the satisfaction of being able to make the car better and nicer in terms of performance and looks. Just want to be different is the reason for most I guess.

yeah my ex-v6tt much more faster can feel the G's....
but now old edi so must drive slow car :rofl:
Your slow car also not that slow :rofl:
Mine is real slow car...just a 660cc Mousedeer :rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
He gila DIY.....:biggrin::biggrin:
Next DIY king after Johnson Lam. :biggrin:

Why I mod my cars? Coz not enough money to buy a car that's already perfect in the first place, so I mod just to make it a bit better overall: better looking, better handling, better ICE, better performance, better security. But also only a bit since I don't have much money to mod a lot too.
Perhaps it is good this way because like this, you can understand your own car more like find out where are the weaknesses and strengths of your own car. It also feels like you're building a bond between you and your car at the same time.

RENESIS:
No idea actually until recent few years. Last time started to love cars is because of NFS 1st one. Got influence with seeing others playing that game in cybercafe. Last time only play Counter Strike.

That's when I started to fell in love with Celica GTS. Then modding, i dunno. Maybe influence by zth kaki. Not sure. Just have the feelings to improve the car better than it's stock form.

Best is to be able to have better performance than other similar cars on the road. Like Kelisa Vs, Kelisa. Mine better :biggrin: Something like that for a reason to mod. Best is the satisfaction of being able to make the car better and nicer in terms of performance and looks. Just want to be different is the reason for most I guess.
I din't know last time you are counter strike kaki. I thought you liked cars long ago, haha.
Good point about modding. It's like improving your own car with your own efforts and choice.

In real life Mousedeer pretty fast woh!......:biggrin::biggrin:
Yeah lor, and light also.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
In real life Mousedeer pretty fast woh!......:biggrin::biggrin:
Japan Mousedeer fast la. Malaysia, they tie the mousedeer legs to a 660cc carb engine...:banghead:

Next DIY king after Johnson Lam. :biggrin:

Perhaps it is good this way because like this, you can understand your own car more like find out where are the weaknesses and strengths of your own car. It also feels like you're building a bond between you and your car at the same time.

I din't know last time you are counter strike kaki. I thought you liked cars long ago, haha.
Good point about modding. It's like improving your own car with your own efforts and choice.

Yeah lor, and light also.
Only started to love cars during college life. But love also base on looks. No idea on performance at all until 24 years old (IINM) only start to try to learn more on modding.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Japan Mousedeer fast la. Malaysia, they tie the mousedeer legs to a 660cc carb engine...:banghead:

Only started to love cars during college life. But love also base on looks. No idea on performance at all until 24 years old (IINM) only start to try to learn more on modding.
There is always the option to untie the legs and equip it with forced induction engine from Japan.

I started to like cars since long ago. Around 3 years old that time. Parents kept buying me a lot of those die cast car models and smaller ones like hotwheels, matchbox, etc. That lasted until like 5 or 6 years old then I stopped. Started liking cars again when I was 10 years old that time but that lasted for a year only. Then at 17 years old the car craze came back until now. :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
There is always the option to untie the legs and equip it with forced induction engine from Japan.

I started to like cars since long ago. Around 3 years old that time. Parents kept buying me a lot of those die cast car models and smaller ones like hotwheels, matchbox, etc. That lasted until like 5 or 6 years old then I stopped. Started liking cars again when I was 10 years old that time but that lasted for a year only. Then at 17 years old the car craze came back until now. :biggrin:
Sound like period saja :rofl: Kidding.

Ya it just comes suddenly. Dunno why or how. Only interested in Gaming all the time. Now not much but still love it. Especially Grand Theft Auto games, Resident Evil and Need For Speed.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Sound like period saja :rofl: Kidding.

Ya it just comes suddenly. Dunno why or how. Only interested in Gaming all the time. Now not much but still love it. Especially Grand Theft Auto games, Resident Evil and Need For Speed.
Those younger days just simply looking at car logos and names only. Liked cars for no good reasons that time. But those days I'm more interested in offroad 4x4 vehicles rather than performance cars like now.

Gaming is usual for boys la. Last time I also like gaming a lot but only towards a few types of games only.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello there ......... my car drive drive suddenly sei foh ....... amy ppl say my car tuning run out placing oledi ....... anyone knows whare can do back car tuning the best ? or maybe anyone knows my car problem ? wira SE 2004
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience