why B16A brake not efficiency ?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

deathzone

Jul 9, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
My ek4 brake also like not good enough.....how much is whole set of used prelude bb4 brake front and back? Can i use back my ek4 abs after change to prelude brake set?

Bump: My ek4 brake also like not good enough.....how much is whole set of used prelude bb4 brake front and back? Can i use back my ek4 abs after change to prelude brake set?

Kobra

Known Member
Feb 6, 2008
guys,
can u please continue on this coz im really2 looking to upgrade my braking system!!

so can i just swap prelude bb4 brake system with my current standard gler EK2 braking system?? Coz now im using b18c R, but the original EK2 disc is so small lah!!

so many time almost hit other car, any suggestion guys????:hmmmm:

integramania

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Guys....using the braided bake hoses will not improve braking power rite, it just helps in ensuring the hose doesn't flex when braking rite? since the stock rubber one's flexes....

Sorry ah....too rusty in all these already....

But my braking improved significantly when I change from single layer to the Type R double layer servo...also using EBC black pads only...not even Green....

Kobra

Known Member
Feb 6, 2008
so shall i change to type R servo and maintain with small disc brake and everything will be gud enough??

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
so shall i change to type R servo and maintain with small disc brake and everything will be gud enough??
nop, not ok at all, after u change to the typeR master pump, when u hits the brake at high speed, the only thing u'll get is 'Osim Foot Massager"....:proud::proud::proud: vibrate till u bang... hahahahahahahaha....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

the thing u really needs is:
EK9/DC2R/DC5R/CL1- master brake pump
better pad such Mugen, Endless & PMU.....etc
282mm EK9/DC2 disc or aftermarket such PMU...etc(pls upgrade the rear as well)
better brake fluid such Endless or Mugen or Brembo or Motul Dot 4 or above...etc
steel braided brake hose. if there some 1 who know that it didn't helps the brake power, i suggest he try 1st b4 toking...:itsme:

with all the setup from above, u r really level up to Type-R Braking System Level... ahahahha:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

integramania

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
i would say if you dont have double servo try that....but if you wanna increase the bite the only way is to increase the caliper size...so yes you can try the Prelude H22A....the only thing i was told abt this is...its heavy....so make sure your car is modded ...hehe

Kobra

Known Member
Feb 6, 2008
nop, not ok at all, after u change to the typeR master pump, when u hits the brake at high speed, the only thing u'll get is 'Osim Foot Massager"....:proud::proud::proud: vibrate till u bang... hahahahahahahaha....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

the thing u really needs is:
EK9/DC2R/DC5R/CL1- master brake pump
better pad such Mugen, Endless & PMU.....etc
282mm EK9/DC2 disc or aftermarket such PMU...etc(pls upgrade the rear as well)
better brake fluid such Endless or Mugen or Brembo or Motul Dot 4 or above...etc
steel braided brake hose. if there some 1 who know that it didn't helps the brake power, i suggest he try 1st b4 toking...:itsme:

with all the setup from above, u r really level up to Type-R Braking System Level... ahahahha:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
thanks Jin,
but im wondering if i change my disc from standard EK2 disc to EK9/DC2, can i still fit my PCD 100 rim? can i just change the disc n still using the original 4 knuckle with PCD 100?? very confius la:hmmmm:

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
thanks Jin,
but im wondering if i change my disc from standard EK2 disc to EK9/DC2, can i still fit my PCD 100 rim? can i just change the disc n still using the original 4 knuckle with PCD 100?? very confius la:hmmmm:
theres always a easy way & the hard way... which 1 u would like to try..??:biggrin:

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
both!!:biggrin:

tell me..
the easy way is get a set of EK9 5 lugs or BB4 4x114.3 knuckle, then hammer out all the stud, then drill another pcd 100x 4 holes... put the stud back, the change the drives\haft to EK9...here goes the easy way..

the hard way is get a set of EK4 4x100 knuckle the get a set of EK9/BB4 front calipers & disc, drill 4 more holes... replace the EK4 calipers & disc with the EK9/BB4... same goes to the rear... thats the hard way...

wan more easy way..??:proud:

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
the easy way is get a set of EK9 5 lugs or BB4 4x114.3 knuckle, then hammer out all the stud, then drill another pcd 100x 4 holes... put the stud back, the change the drives\haft to EK9...here goes the easy way..

the hard way is get a set of EK4 4x100 knuckle the get a set of EK9/BB4 front calipers & disc, drill 4 more holes... replace the EK4 calipers & disc with the EK9/BB4... same goes to the rear... thats the hard way...

wan more easy way..??:proud:
jin, is the easier way = dont change at all? hahahaha i believe thats the easiest! :rofl:

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com

pencalat

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2006
JB
hehehe.... good good point.... don't change....
:biggrin:

Kobra

Known Member
Feb 6, 2008
JIN,
as for now, im quite reluctant to swap for EK9 brake set, coz im still wanna use my 100 PCD rega master!
so, is there any good aftermarket brake kit outhere so that i still can use my superlight rega rims??

anybody used grippen b4? is it gud?

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
JIN,
as for now, im quite reluctant to swap for EK9 brake set, coz im still wanna use my 100 PCD rega master!
so, is there any good aftermarket brake kit outhere so that i still can use my superlight rega rims??

anybody used grippen b4? is it gud?
seems like u edy got some tips inside ur mind, just go for it, or mayb can consider the Endless 4 pot or cheaper option from Wilwood... they do carry the 4 lugs rotor that as 282/280mm...

Kobra

Known Member
Feb 6, 2008
seems like u edy got some tips inside ur mind, just go for it, or mayb can consider the Endless 4 pot or cheaper option from Wilwood... they do carry the 4 lugs rotor that as 282/280mm...
thanks JIN,
but for wilwood,how the performence?anybody?:hmmmm:

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
thanks JIN,
but for wilwood,how the performence?anybody?:hmmmm:
performance..??:confused:
hehehe... lighter caliper can makes ur car accelerate more faster, claim more G's as for sure...

if u mean the stopping power, as for sure, its better than ori EK4 or slightly better than EK9...
pad do the most important part to stop ur car, no matter how many pots u got... so, get a better pad for ur stock calipers or ur new wilwood. as i know, Endless or PMU or some other Jap pad do not carry the wilwood sizes...:smokin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

helo...to every ZTH member....here is my lil question...just wanna ask tat im going to buy a APEXI Dual Funel filter.....but i notice tat it needs adapter n also sum thing about rubber i think.....so i dono how was it....if all i take oredi RM270 including installation feess....

now im using a clond airfilter....so can i take out and just buy the airfilter without the adapter to put on my car.....my ride is ISWARA..below is the pic i draw....can i dowan buy the adapter??

.hope tat...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience