why B16A brake not efficiency ?

kacheoh

Known Member
i dont why my civic eg brake not efficiency even thought i service my master pump change the seal for all the caliper ....yet still not efficien like toyota brake ? need help here ...or maybe changing to bigger disc brake to prelude type ? can suit eg ?

Yeah my eg brakes suxxor.
I drove a toyota unser before....those brakes are godlike lolx.

I would suggest you to use Accord / Prelude BB4 brake.

Previously i was using on my EG B20B Turbo Worked Damn Well But I Also Cross Drilled The Disk La.

a cheaper and quicker way is to change the brake pads. EBC brand is good for as start.

other than that you can try :
- changing to steel braided hoses
- slotted aftermarket rotors
- better gripping tyres

since this is a honda thread, lets not compare orange with apples.

yeah ...change to performance pad brake...then can look other thing such master pump,big disc etc etc...

Usually poor braking performance is the pads, crappy hardened brake pads don't really stop a car well. heck, crappy brake pads on a 5 lug ek9 rotors = crappy brakes.

pads that don't generate much brake dust usually stops worse than those that generate oodles of brake dust. The friction has be extreme for brakes to work, and if there's no brake dust, wouldn't that mean the brakes are not working at full efficiency?

I'd look at pads first, then consider other aspects like bigger rotors and etc.

yeah same to my ek, braking response lagg..trust that my pad is not good one, i'm using ebc, black...afterthis going to change to better one or upgrade the master pump to dc or ek9...braidded host will be much help too...

i'm just wondering if all eg models are like this...i have to pedal it almost touching the floor panel before the car starts to slow...it's a lil too soft actually...scared during emergency brake cant brake on time...i got it checked and everything is working fine...and the mechanic said that cuz the server pump is big that's y the braking is soft...is it true? any sifu's out there can help??

wah...servo pump is big mean your braking is better...check your hosses or your pump gasket or seal is leaking

I saw something strange today, an EG is using an oversized NISSAN caliper. How is it possible?

wah...servo pump is big mean your braking is better...check your hosses or your pump gasket or seal is leaking

that's wat i told the mechanic as well..."i thought servo pump bigger the brake more efficient?" then he answered me saying that because the servo pump is bigger that's y the braking is softer...so i'm not very sure how true is that...i asked the mechanic to check the braking system since i bought the car and he said there's no problem wit it...so i'm all blurred rite now...

if ur brake pedal soft, maybe theres air trap inside ur braking system.
must do bleeding.
bigger pump should provide more braking power with less effort on ur leg.
try checking the one-way valve and hose from servo to manifold. maybe cracked or leaking air.

brake's servo use manifold vacuum to help braking system work perfectly.

ya lah Malaysia Boleh..

Thought so, still got air inside..

hmmm...i'll get it checked this weekend...thanks a lot for the advice guys...if still cannot solve then i'll come find u sifu's again...thanks!

I would suggest you to use Accord / Prelude BB4 brake.

Previously i was using on my EG B20B Turbo Worked Damn Well But I Also Cross Drilled The Disk La.

used stendet master pump???
oso using 20b with stendet brakes..

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom