Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

Turbo timer with no turbo :)

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
too bad for me..im a poser...LOL

Hey before we say who's a poser and who's not, let's look at the engine 1st. Doink may have a point there. Extensively modded engines without a turbo may also need a timer (dun call it turbo timer here) to prevent hot oil in the engine from coking up in the lines, as quoted from Apexi's website. And, it also mention that proper cooldown is essential for a healthy turbo AND ENGINE. So, in some extreme applications, NA cars can also have timers.

Another word for poser is ricer. :P

poser here....!!hehehe...stil i like my engine healthy...:)

well the name turbo timer in itself is already misleading enough..

they shoulda just called it a timer, so tat turbo owners won't feel they're priviledged to OWN a timer

it's called auto timer......for NA and Turbo engines....
as stated on the apexi auto timer posted by szekeiemme

dont care bout proton warranty la...boe doe wan they all
service outside more worth it...

Dont worry for Apexi Auto Timer owner u aint poser because its already stated there TIMER FOR NA & TURBO which N/A comes first before TURBO (N/A has the more priority) Hahah dont shoot me just kidding ok.Its just up to personal preference of liking. Everyone can have it.

PocRoc what timer ur using ?

Last edited:
Turbo TImer on N/A Cars

Guys read this old thread..
It's all on TT's on na/turbo cars..etc...

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=68359

Read up...every one has his or her own point..
Its up to y'all to make the choice....

As for the poser part..who are we to judge..
Screw them lar if they wanna do it...But remember never judge a book by its cover..

True that turbo timers are for turbo cars and are primarily used to cool down oil that is circulating inside a turbine. Its not so much to cool down the engine in general as our radiator is pretty good enough to cool down the engine after a few hours of heavy driving. Come on, cars are design to take quite a bit of a thrashing, and thats the reason why our cars are rev limited anyways.

So is there any reason at all for NA cars to use turbo timer, absolutely no as no matter how hard your car is driven, your engine radiator does a pretty good job at cooling down the parts after the engine is switched off. If no, then you probably will see a notice in your car manual that says after 3 or so hours of driving, you must leave your car idling for 2 minutes before shutting down. So don't worry about cooling your NA cars.

And whatever Apexi is marketing is their problem. Quite obviously its part of marketing strategy, that to put For NA and turbo cars. They very well know this is not necessary but installing one will not do any harm at all.

So i'd say, if you like it, just install it for the sake of it and to look cool. But there's no benefit at all.

if ur really put a stress on NA engine i.e after a track race/day or go uphill like genting, would you just switch it off or leave it idling first ? I would idle it first & for that I use timer, I dont want to wait inside for that purpose,
....ya ya I'm a poser & a ricer for installing timer for my NA...

big lol. i guess the best thing to say here is "whatever rocks your boat". if you are happy with having the turbo timer in your car, why bother what other ppl think? :) its your money, and how you want to spend it is entirely up to you.

ixeo said:
big lol. i guess the best thing to say here is "whatever rocks your boat". if you are happy with having the turbo timer in your car, why bother what other ppl think? :) its your money, and how you want to spend it is entirely up to you.

ya totally agree with u :shades_smile:

A Post Every 5 Mins

hi to all bro out there,
I'm having problem with my 4g63t(eclipse second gen) engine
my extractor overheat means it's turn red when my boost up to 0.2 - 0.6
exhaust piping is 2.5inch and fuel pump already change to walbro with fuel regulator

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom