Something wrong with this engine?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Eh.. sorry man. I was just simply throwing a halfcut price. But I doubt lifters are expensive brand new.

And I can't see any attachment?

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
lol... icic. why can't see the attachment ler? it's at the bottom of the post.

lewis26

Known Member
Nov 29, 2005
the pic is lifter so forget bout the controller. :biggrin:

when u googled bout the b series lifter u can find info that it is using solid as well.
The main reasons for using a solid instead of hydraulic lifter are:
High rev reliability. At high engine speeds hydraulic lifters interfere with valve operation and account for the sudden and dramatic drop in power build up at a little over 6000 rpm.

well, that all i know.:idea: do correct me if i m wrong.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
DDV : I see the pic now. Damn thing must've been blocked by company firewall.

The piece looks like the VTEC lifter or just part of it. I don't see how this piece can be the cause of the noise.

Try posting this problem in the Honda threads and see if you get a response there. Like I said, I'm not VTEC savvy. Though I'd loooove to get my hands dirty with a B16 in a EG. :biggrin:

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
the pic is lifter so forget bout the controller. :biggrin:

when u googled bout the b series lifter u can find info that it is using solid as well.
The main reasons for using a solid instead of hydraulic lifter are:
High rev reliability. At high engine speeds hydraulic lifters interfere with valve operation and account for the sudden and dramatic drop in power build up at a little over 6000 rpm.

well, that all i know.:idea: do correct me if i m wrong.
Appreciate your replies bro. This means that now it's on hydraulic lifters and should be changed to solid lifters?

DDV : I see the pic now. Damn thing must've been blocked by company firewall.

The piece looks like the VTEC lifter or just part of it. I don't see how this piece can be the cause of the noise.

Try posting this problem in the Honda threads and see if you get a response there. Like I said, I'm not VTEC savvy. Though I'd loooove to get my hands dirty with a B16 in a EG. :biggrin:
Will do bro. Thank you.

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Almost forgot about this. Can he just get solid lifters if now he's using hydraulic lifters?

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Okay. Thank you. Unlucky guy.

stingg

Known Member
Sep 20, 2005
subang jaya
My car had the exact issue... just sounded like diesel engine but not much affect engine. The exact name for the hydraulic lifter is lost motion assembly(LMA) get the type-r version and yr engine will smooth and quiet.

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
My car had the exact issue... just sounded like diesel engine but not much affect engine. The exact name for the hydraulic lifter is lost motion assembly(LMA) get the type-r version and yr engine will smooth and quiet.
Oic. Do you remember did it cost you for the type-R LMA?

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
An update here. He changed LMA to Type R for RM500 including installation. But my friend still thinks the workshop lied to him that in order to change the LMA, he needs to change the engine oil, oil filters... normal service. Is it a must to service when you change the LMA?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
An update here. He changed LMA to Type R for RM500 including installation. But my friend still thinks the workshop lied to him that in order to change the LMA, he needs to change the engine oil, oil filters... normal service. Is it a must to service when you change the LMA?
Actually not a must but might as well since it was open and exposed for that long.

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Alright. Good to know that he was not ripped off. Hehe. Thanks to all.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

Anybody help me to install Grounding Cable on my SEG ? i dont know where to put the cable on engine .....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience