dumbpipe

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

navz

Known Member
hi all..im sorry if this topic have been discussed..i would like to ask..what is the advantages and disadvantages for dumbpipe (wastepipe) and isit similiar to wastegate ?? thx

1_481490299l.jpg

Hi bro, you mean dump pipe bro? hehe

Well advantage for sure smoother and faster turbine spool, by joining the 2 pipe into the front lower down pipe will cause turbulence, which would create back pressure ;)

downpipe is the main exhaust gas to exit from the turbo...

while dumppipe (not dumb) is the pipe for wastegate exit (and would be a must have part if using exernal wastegate)

:adore:

---------- Post added at 12:01 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

while dumppipe (not dumb) is the pipe for wastegate exit (and would be a must have part if using exernal wastegate)

Hi bro, you mean dump pipe bro? hehe

Well advantage for sure smoother and faster turbine spool, by joining the 2 pipe into the front lower down pipe will cause turbulence, which would create back pressure ;)

Depends on what angle u're plumbing in the recirculation.

Can chose to recirculate the wastepipe for better O2 reading.

haha..now is my question are..is it safe for me to make that waste pipe without using wastegate ?

I dont think the O2 reading works when its in open loop bro like when your boosting? so no point recirculating it rite? even most dump pipe that reconnects back with the downpipe, by pass exhaust gases would not pass through the O2 sensors?

haha..now is my question are..is it safe for me to make that waste pipe without using wastegate ?

Can... U like the noise huh... But also depends on what kind of turbine housing. Some turbine housing does not have devider wall between the turbine exducer and internal wastegate.

And internal wastegate does not entirely seal properly. There'll be sone leakage.

I dont think the O2 reading works when its in open loop bro like when your boosting? so no point recirculating it rite? even most dump pipe that reconnects back with the downpipe, by pass exhaust gases would not pass through the O2 sensors?

True true. But If u're not on WOT, the O2 will still work till a certain degree of throttle.and the boost increase gradually. At a certain cruise speed, ur little increment of throttle will cause boost to kick as the turbo is already spinning at it's spinning at it's effective rpm.

Able to use or not depends on where u relocate ur O2 ler...

So, pro n cons for having wastepipe vented to atmosphere.

Pro-nice screaming sound from the waste pipe.
Cons-so damn noisy NOISE created, like exhaust bocor like that.

Depends on personal preference. Hehe...

Your right too bro, thanks for the explanation bro hehe, i for sure will vote vented, the sound is like you wanna makan the car infront of you ahahaha, plus i do feel slight response when i did it

Anyways navz, certain turbine housing does not have divider like speed2horizon said earlier which would not be able to divide the pipes and gases, and the internal wastegate will leak at a certain point in the future, causing you to boost late as certain of the pressure is not goin through the turbine fin due to its bypassing the internal wastegate leak. I'll vote for external wastegate, unless your turbo is brand new with high quality actuator and everything then i will advise to remain the actuator, if not, seal the internal wastegate and use external, where you could even have EBC to control the wastegate valve for much better response :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

Your right too bro, thanks for the explanation bro hehe, i for sure will vote vented, the sound is like you wanna makan the car infront of you ahahaha, plus i do feel slight response when i did it

Anyways navz, certain turbine housing does not have divider like speed2horizon said earlier which would not be able to divide the pipes and gases, and the internal wastegate will leak at a certain point in the future, causing you to boost late as certain of the pressure is not goin through the turbine fin due to its bypassing the internal wastegate leak. I'll vote for external wastegate, unless your turbo is brand new with high quality actuator and everything then i will advise to remain the actuator, if not, seal the internal wastegate and use external, where you could even have EBC to control the wastegate valve for much better response :biggrin:

Can... U like the noise huh... But also depends on what kind of turbine housing. Some turbine housing does not have devider wall between the turbine exducer and internal wastegate.

And internal wastegate does not entirely seal properly. There'll be sone leakage.

True true. But If u're not on WOT, the O2 will still work till a certain degree of throttle.and the boost increase gradually. At a certain cruise speed, ur little increment of throttle will cause boost to kick as the turbo is already spinning at it's spinning at it's effective rpm.

Able to use or not depends on where u relocate ur O2 ler...

So, pro n cons for having wastepipe vented to atmosphere.

Pro-nice screaming sound from the waste pipe.
Cons-so damn noisy NOISE created, like exhaust bocor like that.

Depends on personal preference. Hehe...

thank you to all sifus..now i can resume my bot viva project..

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom