Rupes Bigfoot

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ok... Just got official info from the REGIONAL distributor of Rupes. Take note that I am not getting a penny for this nor am I associated with the distributor. Just friends only.

Regional distributor is none other than the renowned detailer, AbsoluteGloss. First batch all sold out... Next batch should be around mid to end of March. PM him directly at [email protected]

Official pricing as to date is:
LHR15ES - RM1860
LHR21ES - RM1990

Should be all 230V like mine... Pricy yes but seriously a good machine.
Wow! 3 x the RB price, really for serious pro only.....

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Expensive yes. Take it as the Lamborghini of DAs... Just easier to drive... Seriously... It is made in Italy. Very nice and good design. Well built. All this comes with a price. Buying a German made Flex VRG3401 forced rotation DA is also not cheap locally.

One good thing about the Rupes is the machine does not need to be tamed like a wild beast and does not sap all your energy once you are done buffing. Buy what you can afford and makes sense/cents to you.

arch5069

May 29, 2012
Penang
I wannnnt

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Can change backing plate to smaller size?

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Can change backing plate to smaller size?
5" for LHR15 and 6" for LHR21. Can swap both backing plates with each other but machine counter balance would be off. Rupes engineer purposefully tune the counterweights specifically for the mechans+backing plate+pad to minimize vibe. No other smaller or bigger backing available. Rupes designed LHR75 air powered DA for smaller pads instead.

Brother KrisMas, Todd Cooperrider is the top detailer in the US, Esoteric Auto Detail in Columbus, Ohio – Detailing, Training, and Product Sales. owner of estoric detail
Oh yes indeed he is. If I have money I would want to attend his advance/elite detailing classes. You should know him guessing from the 22ple coating that you are using. Todd don't mess around with regular stuff... Good for you.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Even more expensive than a Makita Rotary :top:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Expensive yes. Take it as the Lamborghini of DAs... Just easier to drive... Seriously... It is made in Italy. Very nice and good design. Well built. All this comes with a price. Buying a German made Flex VRG3401 forced rotation DA is also not cheap locally.

One good thing about the Rupes is the machine does not need to be tamed like a wild beast and does not sap all your energy once you are done buffing. Buy what you can afford and makes sense/cents to you.
I don't even have a Camry, so better keep my ROB (Kancil)......:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

All arguments big and petty always have two sides to the story. One might say one thing and the other another, it's a tough call for the on-looker to judge which party is actually right. In the corporate world, media statements and creative PR spins replace the name calling and denying that we as individuals so often partake in. Most corporations are, after all, headed by some of the most egoistic, empty...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience