SECURITY in GTR......

joethurr

500 RPM
Sep 11, 2007
bro, what u need is a good "roadstar" and a person who u can really trust to install it for u... no point getting the best alarm in the world but getting someone who is untrustable to install it for u... if you can, avoid giving any details regarding your residence to any mechs.. *prevention is better than cure*

maxaudio_08

Known Member
Jul 1, 2008
bro, what u need is a good "roadstar" and a person who u can really trust to install it for u... no point getting the best alarm in the world but getting someone who is untrustable to install it for u... if you can, avoid giving any details regarding your residence to any mechs.. *prevention is better than cure*
ya, agree.........got any good installation to recommend me ????

joethurr

500 RPM
Sep 11, 2007
bro.. it should be someone u trust... or take to a reputable accessories shop... but once installed dont return home straight away... make a few pit stops on the way back.. just to be sure u r not marked or anything..

naklaju

Known Member
Jul 17, 2005
Rawang
good point there joe..but if u going to be the victim..what can we do..only the time will tell..prey for safety

joethurr

500 RPM
Sep 11, 2007
yeah bro... "prey for safety"... it's sad to hear about fellow bro's cars being broken into... but the ultimate pain is when ur own car is broken into...theft cases in Malaysia getting more rampant!!

rych

Jul 7, 2008
hi guys, i'm an engineer and from my experience better don't buy this alarm.

The reason is, the alarm you mentioned is using FSK which stands for frequency shift keying. This scheme is so easy to hack that i've even done it myself. I use to lost my car alarm and i had to emulate a new one, so what i did was i used my spare alarm for my remote house door, transmit the frequency near a spectrum analyzer to get the frequency(around 350Mhz-355Mhz). Then i opened my remote house door alarm which has a crystal oscillator to control the frequency and tuned it to the 350-355Mhz region and it worked like a charm on my car alarm as well.

ever since i got my ecr33 i contemplated on which alarm i wanted to get, in the end i settled for an alarm that uses frequency hopping technique. This is a frequency transmitter used in military where the frequency spectrum doesn't stay constant at one frequency, it hops around in the frequency spectrum so your real frequency doesnt get hacked that easilly. I paid 1.8k for it but its pretty well worth it if you love your car and it comes with GSM car tracking function as well.(the brand is IES)

I don't condone to car stealing but i just want to share this, if you love your car, better get an alarm that has frequency hopping and pls you pay for what you get.

cheers.