Passion in Detailing - MY 1st try on CLEANING RIMS myself

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Not Tan Sri meh? :rofl:

We can meet up at a place, then carpool wakakak.... but my tools are all zhapalang stuffs wor... bring out sure let ppl laugh only wahahah :rofl:
Zhapalang, means u got mix of different different brand products right? :rofl:
That's good. That's the point of DIT, trying to work out something with the products we have. Find the best way to do it and also the cheapest way.

If want to laugh also laugh at me 1st lo...who would buy a KIT Shampoo for a detailer la :rofl:
Then GETF1 products? If wanna laugh, ppl already laugh at me at this thread instead of giving me encouragement. I dont really buy cuz of the brand, I just want a product that works.

I also DIY and do my own cars and sometimes friend's car leh! so not sifu also.....:rolleyes:

Well said brother. My knowledge whether in tyres, detailing or whatever, if others willing to learn I am also gladly willing to share.....:driver:

Whether tools and/or product can bring. We as detailer do not laugh at people on these. These products/tools can still be used maybe don't work that well only. Of course if we know we will advise not to use in future and so on....
Yup, what wont work, we just have to stop using the next round once finished or if u can accept it,
just throw it away.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That's good. That's the point of DIT, trying to work out something with the products we have. Find the best way to do it and also the cheapest way.

If want to laugh also laugh at me 1st lo...who would buy a KIT Shampoo for a detailer la :rofl:
Then GETF1 products? If wanna laugh, ppl already laugh at me at this thread instead of giving me encouragement. I dont really buy cuz of the brand, I just want a product that works.

Yup, what wont work, we just have to stop using the next round once finished or if u can accept it,
just throw it away.
That is the idea of the forum, share info. Tried before, not good, inform others not to buy.
Good, then share also, for other to consider....:driver:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I also DIY and do my own cars and sometimes friend's car leh! so not sifu also.....:rolleyes:
Sifu is differentiated from an amatuer by experience. You have experience. I dont have. Therefore you are sifu :rofl:

Watch from afar cannot. Help out and learn then can. Hohoho. why be a peeping tom when you can be part of the action.

You have what, you bring it. We will play with the products. Like someone said earlier (i think was vr2turbo), no one person can buy and test out all products. So best is to share share lor.

wah lau, you guys giving me all sorts of titles from Datuk to Tan Sri and probably later on to Tun.... later i kena masuk lokap for impersonation wei.
Wahahaha!! I watch from afar at the same time can kao lui ma LOL ! Sure I would love to help out. Fu tong tou foh!

The one saying that two people is better than one is me lol :wavey:

just throw it away.
KIT Shampoo ok ma...in terms of normal car shampoo haha ! As long as it doesnt strip wax and not acidic, consider good for common consumers like us haha. Unless you wana use Dove :confused: I'm using Polyglaze Wash and Wax 2Liter. Bought last time before knowing what is detailing :rofl:

I think most reputable car care products - OTS ones I mean - are safe to use. Unless those ciplak duno wat brand then can be dangerous and do harm. It is the effectiveness that might differ them with professional range of products.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Sifu is differentiated from an amatuer by experience. You have experience. I dont have. Therefore you are sifu :rofl:

Wahahaha!! I watch from afar at the same time can kao lui ma LOL ! Sure I would love to help out. Fu tong tou foh!

The one saying that two people is better than one is me lol :wavey:

KIT Shampoo ok ma...in terms of normal car shampoo haha ! As long as it doesnt strip wax and not acidic, consider good for common consumers like us haha. Unless you wana use Dove :confused: I'm using Polyglaze Wash and Wax 2Liter. Bought last time before knowing what is detailing :rofl:

I think most reputable car care products - OTS ones I mean - are safe to use. Unless those ciplak duno wat brand then can be dangerous and do harm. It is the effectiveness that might differ them with professional range of products.
Slightly more experience means still student, but higher grade only, but not sifu.....hahahahaha:rofl:

Yup, was using PG shampoo those days, find then good also, then change to DG after finish last bottle...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Dont see DG anywhere on the shelves bro....PG got..

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Slightly more experience means still student, but higher grade only, but not sifu.....hahahahaha:rofl:

Yup, was using PG shampoo those days, find then good also, then change to DG after finish last bottle...
I find it damn difficult to finish 2 liters haha...i've been using it for almost a year, almost every saturday. Now still got plus minus half bottle haha! Would like to try ONR, but it seems that ONR will cause the MF towels to get dirty easier (can be a good thing and bad, depends which angle we're looking at).

I was wondering, after washing with ONR, if we rinse the car, well slightly, to remove the trapped dirt, and then wipe it off would it be gentle to the MF towels? I knw this somehow defeats the purpose of using ONR but hey, using normal shampoo need more rinsing right?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Dont see DG anywhere on the shelves bro....PG got..
DG purchase online. If from the shelves only 2 Chinese herbal medicine shops have. Yup, you heard me correctly, Chinese herbal medicine shops.....hahahaha:rofl:

Okay, found the address....
FAH LIAN HERBS & FOOD SDN. BHD
16, Jalan Hujan Rahmat 2,
Taman Overseas Union,
58200, Kuala Lumpur,
Wilayah Persekutuan

PASARAYA MEGAHERBS & FOOD SDN. BHD.
Lot 10991, Jalan SS24/28,
Taman Megah,
Petaling Jaya, 47301,
Selangor D.E.

I think now you believe me.....:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I find it damn difficult to finish 2 liters haha...i've been using it for almost a year, almost every saturday. Now still got plus minus half bottle haha! Would like to try ONR, but it seems that ONR will cause the MF towels to get dirty easier (can be a good thing and bad, depends which angle we're looking at).

I was wondering, after washing with ONR, if we rinse the car, well slightly, to remove the trapped dirt, and then wipe it off would it be gentle to the MF towels? I knw this somehow defeats the purpose of using ONR but hey, using normal shampoo need more rinsing right?
I'm not sure but to me I still prefer the traditional way of washing. But I got to admit that the OPC is real good. Tried it at my fuel tank and a few places after washing my car at friend's place. The results
was superb..

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I'm not sure but to me I still prefer the traditional way of washing. But I got to admit that the OPC is real good. Tried it at my fuel tank and a few places after washing my car at friend's place. The results
was superb..
Same here, still traditional method as the dirt needs to be washed off. If dirt stick to cloth tent to scratch the paint. Even traditional way we still need to rinse the cloth.... :driver:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Same here, still traditional method as the dirt needs to be washed off. If dirt stick to cloth tent to scratch the paint. Even traditional way we still need to rinse the cloth.... :driver:
I usually rinse thoroughly before wiping the car with MF towels to dry it. Sometimes when I'm a little bit lazy, I'll use my recycled bath towel and just put on top of the car without moving it. The purpose is to let it absorb the water first haha. Usually without the bath towel I will use around 3-4 microfiber towels. But sometimes somehow I feel like I'm using too much water to clean a car. Gotta go green!

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I usually rinse thoroughly before wiping the car with MF towels to dry it. Sometimes when I'm a little bit lazy, I'll use my recycled bath towel and just put on top of the car without moving it. The purpose is to let it absorb the water first haha. Usually without the bath towel I will use around 3-4 microfiber towels. But sometimes somehow I feel like I'm using too much water to clean a car. Gotta go green!
If you spray water to rinse then the water beads and stay on. I use a scoop and splash so the water sheet away so less stay on the car body. Moreover use drying cloth or waffle weave cloth for drying will be much faster...:driver:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
If you spray water to rinse then the water beads and stay on. I use a scoop and splash so the water sheet away so less stay on the car body. Moreover use drying cloth or waffle weave cloth for drying will be much faster...:driver:
Really? alright, will sure try the splashing method :adore: Some very plushy MF towel can dry the car body pretty well too..I think it's because they can contain much more water than normal MF cloths. I just wish that I have a blower haha

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Really? alright, will sure try the splashing method :adore: Some very plushy MF towel can dry the car body pretty well too..I think it's because they can contain much more water than normal MF cloths. I just wish that I have a blower haha
The blower very noisy leh! and need to lead power point unless your garage have exterior power outlet....
The waffle weave works well for me. Thicker mf drying cloth harder to squeeze dry....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
DG purchase online. If from the shelves only 2 Chinese herbal medicine shops have. Yup, you heard me correctly, Chinese herbal medicine shops.....hahahaha:rofl:

Okay, found the address....
FAH LIAN HERBS & FOOD SDN. BHD
16, Jalan Hujan Rahmat 2,
Taman Overseas Union,
58200, Kuala Lumpur,
Wilayah Persekutuan

PASARAYA MEGAHERBS & FOOD SDN. BHD.
Lot 10991, Jalan SS24/28,
Taman Megah,
Petaling Jaya, 47301,
Selangor D.E.

I think now you believe me.....:driver:
Hmmm...I myself dont really drink herbs and I'm bathing my car with herbs...:rofl:

Get a bucket of water. Don't use hose to wash the car...only use hose to rinse off...if not waste a lot
of water using hose alone.

I also thought of having a blower :rofl:
I did use it once before at car wash centre myself since they didnt blow dry enough or wipe dry...
Very useful!