help: how to wash/care a white car

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

koowilliams

gentlemen.. i'm driving a white car and i like to keep it white clean... problem is, it's been raining a little too freaquent for comfort recently, and my car start to get these rain streak, spots that is hard to remove by using ordinary shampoo.( im using kit wash n wax)... after washing i'll have to pain stakingly polish the surface (using soft99)... but the polishing part took a lot of time and energy, and i've never finish polish the whole car in one day...

how do i clean the white surface in a DIY way? i dont have a polishing machine and hope i dont have to buy that...

i do not want to send my car for ousite carwash ppl, bcoz i find thier result is only temporary and might ruin the paint.

any suggestion on which brand of shampoo that can easily remove those rain wear...??

thanks in advance...

if this has been discussed in other thread, can i have the link to it? thank you

if it is solid paint u have to give extra care.. the rain n sun can harm it easily overtime.. usually red,white,yellow solid paint will dull n leave marks if u leave it under extrme whether conditions of a prolong period faster than metallic paints

if metallic 2k color much easier to take care.. rain marks can come out easily.. the best is to visit a car grooming center once a year for polishing+wax, or twice a year is better.. it is better to prevent than to cure..

for now dont waste on products.. u donno it will work or not.. go to a car grooming center, n get their advise 1st b4 doing any services from them...

if u insist on DIY,just wash normally n overtime it will fade...

i am also driving a solid crystal white toyota which tends to get dirty once rain but so far have suffered your problems for a few years oredi:_: ...now used to....so i usually wax and polish my car every two weeks depending on condition.......it is tiring but if you love your car, it is your duty.....usually polish will take around 1 1/2 days to complete.......so i tri doin it on weekends......hehe

Bro, I'm driving a white car as well..
Usually this is what i do. Every saturday or sunday, i'll wash my car. After that i'll straight away wax it. it'll only take about 30 mins to 45 mins. Thats all. But trust me, it'll last you till end of the week. All you need to do everytime it rains is just spray your car with water & wipe it off. Easy.

For the polishing machine, if you are talking about the rotary buffer, better not buy that if you're not experienced in using it. An unskilled polisher can grind the paint off!

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom