newly rebuilt engine break in procedure

upontheriversky

Known Member
Dec 31, 2007
normally, people say not to run the engine hard for the 1st 1500km, no uphill and high speed highways etc..basically be gentle with the engine

however, this article says otherwise

Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power

basically, he recommends us to run the engine hard so the piston ring may seal properly. im started to agree with him and planning to do it after full overhaul soon

correct me if im doing a big wrong move here :D

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
running in the rings and bearings may need different approach, i suggest u re-check about running the engine bearings in on the site. if for the rings, i will do as stated in the site, for best results

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
i think it's right..

cause after rebuilding the engine.. the parts inside may not properly rest in its place..

to do that.. u have to shake it.. and i mean really shake it.. like rev the hell out of it..

hahaha..

just my opinion :biggrin:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
isnt dat a song zul? shake it, shake it, shake it like a poleroid picture", hahaha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Well, i'm a newb at modifying cars...i'm driving a wira 1.5 everything stock and it sucks like shit...i want to improve the power but i don't know how...but there's a few constraints such as i don't want to change engine.. any other ways?? cheap ways la if can...and without going through jpj as well....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience