MR2 SW 20 owners discussion thread

LA53OKD

Known Member
Jun 19, 2005
KL
IM using hotbits and yeah they are not bad. comfortwise the stock one is ofcourse the most comfortable but the hotbits ones are just a tad stiffer ... do you have a turbo or N/A mr2?

soff

Known Member
Nov 13, 2005
Thanks iexit. Seems like a lot to change,,,,,,,the whole exterior or almost...

The fibre work looks great, I doubt you can get the same quality here.

LA53OKD

Known Member
Jun 19, 2005
KL
from speedworks

they are actually the ones who make the suspensions

Greddy_es

Jan 6, 2008
Hi everyone,

owned my 1990 MR2 Turbo for about 6months now here in Perth,Western Australia.Was searching the web to find a MR2 club forum when i stumbled upon the Meguair's detailing clinic u guys attended,contacted Zey and here i am :biggrin:

anyway..good to find that malaysia's got a strong contingent of this excellent car(i'm from Singapore..not many there already)!! and would love to find out places in KL to get stuff for my MR2.I'll be heading up to KL sometime next week and was hoping to get a pair of sideskirts for it.Anyone's got contacts to get them?

Thanks alot!!

here are a few pics of my ride in its current form :biggrin:

Last edited:

tom's

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
subang
www.zerotohundred.com
hi there n welcome.........nice ride....... i have a pair of original bomex side skirt for sw20 n other stuff.....u can find out in our for sale thread.......

Attachments

iexit

1,500 RPM
Aug 18, 2005
Selangor
iexit.multiply.com
We also have a bunch of friends down in singapore... PM MRMIC2 and get their contacts.

There may also be a joint even coming up soon, we'll keep you updated.

Greddy_es

Jan 6, 2008
hi there n welcome.........nice ride....... i have a pair of original bomex side skirt for sw20 n other stuff.....u can find out in our for sale thread.......
i've sent u a PM regarding the skirts :)

Koffee-Black

Jan 10, 2008
Hey guys, Im also from Australia, I been reading your site for a while, looking at the pics etc, but felt comfortable joining after Greddy did hehee. Im In Sydney tho, much nover than Perth :P

Anyways, here is my car, its a 92 GTS, with T67, coilovers, sway bars etc...its ok, can be much better.

Green06

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
Pahang
Hi all Midship sifus,
Wud like some advice on what to choose on intercoolers.:hmmmm:
I hv planned to up grade my turbo to Garrett BB GT-30 and what is the most suitable intercooler to go with:hmmmm: :hmmmm: , I believe the stock IC will not cope, looking at 300+ hp. Anyone have experience on water/air IC? What about China made water/air IC and Taiwan made Trust IC replica? Water injection anyone using?:hmmmm:
Appreciate any sifu can share :adore: :adore:
Thanks buddies.:burnout:

iexit

1,500 RPM
Aug 18, 2005
Selangor
iexit.multiply.com
Congratulations on your turbo upgrade! There are some kaki's here running way pass 300bhp on the wheels already. Anyway the ultimate IC mod is to put the intercooler in the boot. If so, you can use any intercooler, of course matching it to your turbine would be more ideal. One our frens SW was running 600bhp with that set up.

Best in engine bay intercooler would be the TRUST or Phoenix power but its not easy to find in the market place. Other stock position intercoolers include HKS, ARC (Toms has one PM him)Blitz and some other Japanese brands.

You can also get the china made IC, but make sure you dyno it to see if there are improvements. Good luck and join out TT the next time, lets discuss :-)

Green06

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
Pahang
Thanks iexit, TT sound good, sure when? Btw, Tom's ARC still available? Condition pls.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

sifus out there!!

i need to know what are the downside to knife edge crankshaft lightening?? better to know the downside first i reckon.and what are the goodsides?? i'm re building my engine,so kinda have this in my list.thanks!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience