Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
yea tyre for 18" very steep, but the fun factor in handling still nice :P

mydvdrom

Known Member
Jul 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Guys, with my mods, I now can comfortably cruze at 210KMH, Had a bit of fun with a White Polo GTI and a Civic FD E. Polo GTI is fast with a top speed of 220+KMH. Civic FD Top is about 200+, so it was great fun having 3 cars running on the Sepang - USJ run with neither having an obvious advantage. But Polo GTI is definitely a faster car with 180PS and a 250+NM of Torque. My gearbox is still giving problems when I change from 5th to 4th. Its definitely a scynchro, problem. I want to see Proton tomorrow but I hate to wait!

---------- Post added at 02:55 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:52 AM ----------

I am still on the 16" stock tyres as previously with my 18" rims, as a result of the higher unsprung weight, I had a poorer throttle response.
james, mind sharing all your mods now? there are so many updates i m blur with what have you done. lolz

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
1. Ecu Reflash
2. Decatted
3. 4 - 2 - 1 Extractor wt mid section
4. Rear Muffler
5. Simota Drop In Filter
6. 4 Pot Sumitomo Brakes
Short list compared with previous WRX!

Attachments

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
My wish list:
1. Cams, Has anyone tried it yet???? I dont want to be the guinea pig!
2. New set of tyres for my 18" rims - Archiles ATR 225 X 40 X 18" only cost RM330 per pcs
3. A cheap exterior mod.
4. I will put in a better gear oil to see whether my gear shift is smoother.

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
bro james,

u still cant access the Tuners forum? i ask the same in FB :P (the one that says talk/chat with u here )
there u can post your mods/pics etc :)

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Dont know, I never tried since the last time: But play face book as it is much easier for me. What is your ID in facebook?
Bloody synchromesh is still giving me problems.
Irritating moving the gears from 5th to 4th.

mydvdrom

Known Member
Jul 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
1. Ecu Reflash
2. Decatted
3. 4 - 2 - 1 Extractor wt mid section
4. Rear Muffler
5. Simota Drop In Filter
6. 4 Pot Sumitomo Brakes
Short list compared with previous WRX!
nice for now.

decat got feel any better throttle and engine respond?
what extractor did you put in and how much isit with the mid?
i have attached a pic of arospeed air ram and simota filter. looks nice as the ram is coated with heat resistent coatings

Attachments

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
I put in a Cast Iron 4 - 2 - 1 Extractor from Kaki Exhaust
Yes Decat gives you better throttle response
With your open air filter, has your throttle response improve

mydvdrom

Known Member
Jul 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
haven't get it yet. quoted RM280 only for the air ram and filter. wanna get it but not sure about simota air filters. lolz. throttle response should improve with SRI and open pods. sound effects will be nice too. lolz. will let u know if i put it in. need to make a heatshield too. wanna get it together and make our own heatshield? hahaha

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I put in a Cast Iron 4 - 2 - 1 Extractor from Kaki Exhaust
Yes Decat gives you better throttle response
With your open air filter, has your throttle response improve
hi james, how much did it cost you for the extractor? powerzone quoted me 1.8k a few days ago for the inspira mt. also where do you go to reflash the ecu n how much? i'm currently shopping around for rates.. :D

stix

Oct 6, 2010
myy
MyDVDrom - be careful with the arospeed air ram. It made my engine stall.i bought the arospeed and another similarly designed but without the black coating.BOTH made my engine stall. in my opinion, the piping diameter is too big for the MAF sensor.

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
K Wng - Kaki Motor: 4 - 2 - 1 Extractor cost me only RM380 + Flexible Hose - around RM400+. Power Zone is too too expensive! I have the same feeling about Open Pods, that is why I refrain from using it. Tuning is done my my buddy: So no cost!

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
K Wng - Kaki Motor: 4 - 2 - 1 Extractor cost me only RM380 + Flexible Hose - around RM400+. Power Zone is too too expensive! I have the same feeling about Open Pods, that is why I refrain from using it. Tuning is done my my buddy: So no cost!
Wow that's cheap!! Thanks for sharing James :D May I have your buddy's contact? I'm considering an ECU retuning after all the mods..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We’ve already covered Red Bull’s no-holds-barred X1 racer, a look at formula racing if the rulebooks and nannies were tied up and roasted to a crisp in a flurry of turbine exhaust fumes, exactly what powers the X1.

While the pictures in the first posting don’t really do the car justice...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience