Modifications done to Inspira

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
In general car manufacturers are smart blokes. So they have almost optimize the programing for fuel, timing and even the MIVEC. However withstanding this, I did some hardware mods, I cut off the cat., put in a free flowing muffler and the cheapest drop in after market air filter. I got 10HP tweaking with the original ECU. Now when you say you want to change your ECU, I gather you must be thinking of 2 things, either a reflash or a Piggy Back like Unichip. My last advice, unless you have hardware improvements besides what I listed like High Cams or a Bolt on Turbo, your gains will be restricted to about 10HP and in a heavy weight like a Lancer/Inspira, its not going to translate into good butt feel!

Sylver

Jan 6, 2010
Subang Jaya
For those interested in upsizing their brake discs, i had gotten an email reply from Speedworks on their oversized brake discs:-

"For the Inspira, the front disc is 330mm while the rear is 320mm.
Price for the front is RM 1750.00 while the rear is RM 1450.00.

Yes, it fits perfectly in the inspira. Do come to our workshop to see it in our inspira 1.8MT demo car."

Sylver

Jan 6, 2010
Subang Jaya
No la bro. I sent them an email on this and they replied. Haven't got the chance to go down there as I've been swamped with work and outstation travels.

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
My only grouse for going for the upsize is that you have a very small caliper with a huge disc. Whether it translate to reduce braking distance or not, there is some question.
Yah, everyone is anticipating a great Speedworks Turbo kit for the Inspira. If it retails for <8K, I am sure there would be a lot of interest.

skloda

Known Member
Aug 19, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
All sifus here , how much would it cost to convert an inspira into an evo 10 kit and Where ??? i saw GC-Motorsport advertise it only cost 2.5k for the kit ..

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
kits mostly Frp, thts why cheap.
better get PP type for durability

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
I think we should go for a kit which is durable, stay away from Fibreglass: I think a PP Kit would cost at least RM4K. If anyone can find a cheaper kit please post here. I would not mind supplier's posting. I am now looking for a good extractor, mandrel bend, equal lenghts and a 4 - 2 -1 not necessary to be in stainless steel. Any ideas? Almost abandoning the Turbo dream instead concentrating on getting more power via cams. I want to sell my car in a years time. Dont want to spend so much until its hard to recover the cost. But a body kit looks a must.

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
looks mod is probably the main reason we get this car eh? :P
well so far frm rainbow/vox got the pp kits but rather costly.
some of us are waitin for the R3 kits comin soon

xuang26

Known Member
Sep 28, 2010
Selangor
Hi Jamesweh, u in stall tien spring alrdy? how's ur ride? stiff ?

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Hi skloda, 2.5k is fiber material...better go for PP material...even it expensive...about 4-k, but u wont regret after u install. If fiber one, once kena bump, it will koyak.

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
I think we should go for a kit which is durable, stay away from Fibreglass: I think a PP Kit would cost at least RM4K. If anyone can find a cheaper kit please post here. I would not mind supplier's posting. I am now looking for a good extractor, mandrel bend, equal lenghts and a 4 - 2 -1 not necessary to be in stainless steel. Any ideas? Almost abandoning the Turbo dream instead concentrating on getting more power via cams. I want to sell my car in a years time. Dont want to spend so much until its hard to recover the cost. But a body kit looks a must.
so fast wanna sell?
why? or just need to have another more powerful project car?

audetom

read while you still can
Aug 30, 2004
Selangor/KL
Bro, where did you buy the sumitomo 4 pot brake? care to share how much is it?

And I also tested 1.8 mt Inspira Turbo at Speedworks recently...duduk tepi je la...
the pick up feels tremendous...
with 0.7 boost, 190hp and still not finished tuning yet...
the brake rotor looks huge...need 18" to fit...

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
wow,

any chance they'll complete the BOT/tuning etc??

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
DM3 beeen getting bored with Inspira, brought it to track on 6th November, ran a continuous 10 laps. Sumitomo 4 Pot live up to expectation but brake feel is spungy (Could be corrected via steel braided hoses) Been trying to wear out the useless Conti's given in the Inspira. But Thread Wear rating must be crazy high: Hardly any degradation. My grouse: At 4000 - 7000 RPM, car still no kick, cant punch out of the corners. But handling is very safe, no sudden changes to oversteer in Turn 6, when on throttle. Even Turn 7 & 8 more understeer than dangerous oversteer. Sumitomo brakes you can buy from my workshop located in USJ Michael 0123811717
I will be swaping to a 17" using Goodyear A2 soon.
I still havent put in the Tien Springs.
But overall car is not bad, last night I was crusing at 210 - 220KMH all the way from Seremban to USJ.
But really feeling that the car is lacking in power. Speedworks kit should be good. Are they willing to sell the kit without tuning as I can tune it via open source. Just lock the boost and I can get the fueling and timing right to run a BOT.
Anyone can ask Speedworks how much they charge for the kit without installation and tuning.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My experience with proton...
don't buy the first model.... just wait 1 or 2 years later when their already solved the problem then can buy the car...
i own 1st model of gen 2 and now what happen, waiting for wiring harnes for replacement for abt 1 month and still waiting. the car in front of my house for display rite now and must start the car everyday if not battery will kong. st*pid proton! im one of the customers that lost trust with proton... now planing to buy other brand except...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience