Choosing Lowering Coil Springs for Inspira

sideksepakragabulat

Jun 28, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hi there..i'm using the 1.8mt inspira stock from factory..the only thing i've done for it is just remap the ecu and a front strut bar from UR..since my hometown is in kelantan,i'm a frequent user of the karak hiway..on an uneven road i was satisfy with the ride comfort and handling but for some spirited driving i'm a bit dissapointed..dashing down on karak hiway corners i always have to change between lane to get the car a bit stable on corners..if not doing that,i'm risking to throw everything inside the car all around inside the car..enuf to wake my "speedcut" madam to start pot pet pot pet..hehehehe:biggrin:

my car is just around 4 month old car..what can i do to extract a bit performance from my stock suspension?planning to upgrade adjustable H/L S/H but that upgrade was way into the future..what can i do to improve my handling but still using the oem suspension?

hann

Sep 3, 2004
Try replacing the rear anti-roll bar to a thicker one (23mm) and upsize your rims and tyres to 17".
These are what I have done recently and it helps.

My next step would be R3 springs.

Good luck.

k0pi

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Kota Bharu
I thought Inspira's OEM springs are good because the steering has good response and can actually feel the sharp little bumps... but the shocks are... I don't know how to say but taking long deep corners, the bodyroll is... quite chilling to the gut actually. IMHO... maybe faster bound/rebound shocks first before springs... unless you want to low down the car...

hann

Sep 3, 2004
I thought Inspira's OEM springs are good because the steering has good response and can actually feel the sharp little bumps... but the shocks are... I don't know how to say but taking long deep corners, the bodyroll is... quite chilling to the gut actually. IMHO... maybe faster bound/rebound shocks first before springs... unless you want to low down the car...
I am no expert in this field, all through past experience with Wira. Also, did rode a R3 Inspira whereby the shocks are the same but different springs and wheel size. Can noticed less rolls during hard corners while maintaining some comfort.

All I need now is to stiffen a little on the suspensions and drop the heights by few cm, springs would be the best bet.

WPQ800

1,000 RPM
Apr 7, 2008
I am no expert in this field, all through past experience with Wira. Also, did rode a R3 Inspira whereby the shocks are the same but different springs and wheel size. Can noticed less rolls during hard corners while maintaining some comfort.

All I need now is to stiffen a little on the suspensions and drop the heights by few cm, springs would be the best bet.
just to add that u can try these:
- use bigger and wider rims with good tyres
- use lancer gt coils and dampers (make sure it is from LGT), if u dont wanna sacrifice comfort too much
- use thick antiroll bars and front strut bar
- install stiff rings to reduce any chassis gaps
- install full set of PU bushings
- install those chassis foam (it really works!)

these alone will alow for some serious and more focused fun without sacrificing so much on normal ride feel....:biggrin:

sideksepakragabulat

Jun 28, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
tq guys for the advice..i'm planning to upsize my rims and tires to 17"..planning to grab any enkei jap rims(maybe rp01 or rpf1 or whichever under rm3k) with minimum 7jj to 8~9jj max..depending on the rim width oso planning to change the tires size to 215/50 or 225/50..for the rims2 and tires i have no problems but matching them to the stock suspension look kind of funny..i've seen a 1.8mt (1.8E) with 17" rims and maybe a 55 series tires they sure look kinda lawak..huge gap from tires to the body..with stock tires and rims there are around 4 fingers gap(front and back) on my car..if changing to 17" rims and there still a lot of gap,i prefer to stick with the stock rims..

choosing the right sport spring look like going to be a hard work for me..i've done some reading on LGT suspension vs inspira suspension..LGT using a thicker anti roll bar(22mm for both front and rear) but inspira using 22mm front and 16mm for rear..also LGT is using a KYB gas filled absorber where as for inspira using those shabby APM oil filled absorber..a few days ago i had a run with LGT on karak hiway..on straight road i found that the LGT had to push hard just to get away from me but when entry any corners the LGT had the upperhand all over me..with same entry speed i noticed that the LGT do not use any brakes but still can maintain his line..while for me i had to generously tapping the brake pedal to overcome the "floaty" feeling i got..from there i conclude that for inspira to use a sport spring equal to the LGT,i must oso change the absorber using maybe an oem LGT absorber or any gas filled absorber available..if i still want to stick to my oem absorber,i have to used more stiffer spring than for the LGT..this i think will cost me around the same price for a full set of semi adjustable suspension..

i've just installed front strut bar UR..noticed some improvement when cornering with medium speed(around 80-90kmh average corners on karak hiway) but with speed around 100kmh and above,body roll and understeer still can be feel a lot..

i think for my self-satifaction will save some money and go for fully adjustable..a bit pricy but for long term usage i think it's worth every penny..

WPQ800

1,000 RPM
Apr 7, 2008
my current setup
- rota te37 (17x8j et30)
- toyo c1s (225/45/17)
- eibach pro kit springs
- proride short stroke dampers

my opinion.... my ride now more stable, steering a tad heavier which i like a lot, lesser body roll due to better bound and rebound, with my additional ultra racing bars front and back and bigger anti roll bar the ride along curves n corners at high speed is much2 better than oem... mind that with bigger anti roll bar u would feel the rears are more neutral when u attack short multiple corners in which i dont quite like because lesser input coming from my rears but in other words, u can attack the corners harder.... hehehe... but with a full adjustable you may remedy the neutral feel totally...

radhie

500 RPM
May 16, 2006
my current setup
- rota te37 (17x8j et30)
- toyo c1s (225/45/17)
- eibach pro kit springs

my opinion.... my ride now more stable, steering a tad heavier which i like a lot, lesser body roll due to better bound and rebound, with my additional ultra racing bars front and back and bigger anti roll bar the ride along curves n corners at high speed is much2 better than oem... mind that with bigger anti roll bar u would feel the rears are more neutral when u attack short multiple corners in which i dont quite like because lesser input coming from my rears but in other words, u can attack the corners harder.... hehehe... but with a full adjustable you may remedy the neutral feel totally...
Bro, the ride height is still the same after install short stroke dampers?

radhie

500 RPM
May 16, 2006
Just wanna ask everyone here, can the evo x aftermarket adjustable absorbers fit to our inspira?

megacs

Apr 1, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
my current setup
- rota te37 (17x8j et30)
- toyo c1s (225/45/17)
- eibach pro kit springs

hi.. can i ask the car get lower after install proride short stroke damper?

Jun 5, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Hai.. i have install my inspira using eibach pro kit spring.. my back tyre low down 3 finger fit.. but the problem is my front can fit 4 finger..anyone can suggest the best way to me how to fix this thing.. i use stndard damper.. tq

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hai.. i have install my inspira using eibach pro kit spring.. my back tyre low down 3 finger fit.. but the problem is my front can fit 4 finger..anyone can suggest the best way to me how to fix this thing.. i use stndard damper.. tq
Change only the springs nothing you can do. Better off getting adjustable....:smokin: