Isuzu Trooper restore?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Guys, need some input.
I might be able to secure one unit of Isuzu Trooper with G200 petrol engine foc as the owner are letting go few rides which he no longer uses.

We have seen the car and from what i see, it still can be put back on the road. Its an old Isuzu trooper, 2.0 petrol, 2 door model. Too bad i did not take any pictures when we (my lil bro, my dad and myself ) went to have a look at the car.

I am not worried at all about the engine (despite being parked for abt 7 years ) as parts are easy to find + cheaper than my Pajero and my lil bro and myself had experienced working with my Pajero. Engine is complete. Electrical is also not on our worry list..its an old car, easy to work on. Interior is also not a concern as despite being damped the seats, carpet,trims are all still there and can be easily cleaned with water jet and an extractor (my lil bro got an extractor) plus drill brush.

We have a look under the vehicle and the frame is still there and rock solid. Oh the floor also pass our jumping and stomping test, we did not go thru the floor panel.

What concerned me is the state of its body. The paint is non existent..still not our concern yet. Main concern are rust holes at the rear door and rear panel. Refer the pic taken frm my Pajero. Rust had eaten away the top area where the rear door seal meets the body, about 1 and 1/2 feet in length and 1/2 inch wide. The rear panel had a 50 cent size hole. Can these sort of damage be repaired?

What we plan to do it is make it good/safe for the roads again.we are not planning for autoshow type restoration.

Attachments

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Well one guy brought a clapped out AE86 black edition from Japan, with helluva lot more rust holes than that Trooper, and he welded in new metal and it's now a show car, so yeah it can be done. After welding apply rust proofing then repaint, ensure the seals are tight, you are good to go.

Reactions: Izso