Help - Is my amp extract too much current ?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

flamming

Hi bro,
Recently i have install a monoblock amp into my kancil with a single DVC subwoofer. after the installation, it seem fine for about 1 week. But recently, while i was driving my car engine suddenly off. I try to start it but cannot and my turbo timer indicate 11V, i try start few more times, it drop to 5-6 volts. I have a feeling that my car battery is week. hence i call my friend came and connect his battery with my car battery via the power cable to start up my car.My car start.

my doubt is, i suspect my alternator did not have the capacity to charge my batter full due to my monoblock(500watt rms) usage of current is higher than the alternator capacity.

Bro, How to i solve this situation?

Can i change bigger alternator together with dinamo ? If can ? wat model will suit kancil?

Any1 can help ?

Last edited:
my bet is yes your battery needs change. to be safe change to something bigger. changing alt wont be easy for kancil but I know you can fit a perdana alt into it. its rated something like 80-90amps

if its a class D monoblock amp then it shouldnt extract that much power. maybe your battery was already old and weak...?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom