DIY: Bass Sensor and Neon Light

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
i dun think neon light got cheap wan...

mayb u try to ask in those shops making neons... but their is AC type.. u try ask them c got DC types or not.. :P

hahahaha...got ur answer in another thread already :P ... thanks anyway :lol:

eneos selling 12" neon for rm39 wat...plug into ur ciggy jack 12v...
9" more expensive...dunno why...i saw rm69 like det...

hmmmm seems like really hard to get cheap neon in the market also ..:(

so tat's means,i juz hav 2 buy "Sound Activated Module" n a set of CCFL only?nonit connect it wif ICE system izit? it's juz sense the sound rite? :huh:

Hehehehe, this is an unconcluded topic...no ppl tried yet...If you try, let us know ..no matter you success or fail... okay ?!?! :D

Originally posted by jaywat@Mar 20 2005, 21:59
Hehehehe, this is an unconcluded topic...no ppl tried yet...If you try, let us know ..no matter you success or fail... okay ?!?! :D
[snapback]825304[/snapback]​

hahaha bahaya ni~nanti kaboom ~~ :huh: :lol:

neway my fren told me b4 he noe how 2 connect big LED 2 my sub tat will blink once got bass,but he said the prob is he scare the LED cant tahan then kaboom,hahaha ofcoz i dunwana let him do,LED gone nvm,but if spoiled my amp then kantoi :D

like that add a fuis between the amp and light lo...if the light burnt...too much ccurrent pass through the circuit...fuis will burnt also...so won't short circuit lo hehehehe JMO :D

actually i used to mod computer chasing. and i installed the light that u all talking about into my chasing and my fren's one. it's from i-cute, around....25 or 30 if the price is still the same la, from lowyat. it come together with the bass sensor and u can adjust the sensitivity of it. so u can "tune" it untill the level that u like. the light is look really cool, but i break mine already...when i open the chasing. i am thinking to install it to my car, under the seat or dahsboard mayb, and then connect to the light suiz...so when i on the light at night then it's will on...anyone got any idea?where to get the power supply and how to connect to the suiz?hope someone can help...and if got anyone wanna try it out plz let me noe...i am kaki DIY also...used to mod pc chasing....haha....now wanna start with car...so...happy DIY

Originally posted by sky_lor@Mar 29 2005, 19:36
actually i used to mod computer chasing. and i installed the light that u all talking about into my chasing and my fren's one. it's from i-cute, around....25 or 30 if the price is still the same la, from lowyat. it come together with the bass sensor and u can adjust the sensitivity of it. so u can "tune" it untill the level that u like. the light is look really cool, but i break mine already...when i open the chasing. i am thinking to install it to my car, under the seat or dahsboard mayb, and then connect to the light suiz...so when i on the light at night then it's will on...anyone got any idea?where to get the power supply and how to connect to the suiz?hope someone can help...and if got anyone wanna try it out plz let me noe...i am kaki DIY also...used to mod pc chasing....haha....now wanna start with car...so...happy DIY
[snapback]851622[/snapback]​
Yup... I'm also a PC case modder. :)
That's where I got my idea from...

Actually, the PC's 12V and car's 12V is about the same. Perhaps the current is slightly different but I'm not too sure...

Once you found a 12V wire in your Car, you can then install a molex directly to the wire and connect them to your sound sensor, then from the sensor to the inverter and from the inverter to the CCFL...

Actually, I have sources for Luxeons LEDs which are way brighter then CCFL. you can just connect those LEDs directly to a regulator or resistor and then connect them to the sound sensor... LED blinks better then CCFL and lasts longer...

Anyone done this?? i still got no time to do this...concentrate more on engine bay DIY... B)

anyone did already?interested to know also..

:)

Time for DIY + Money for DIY > Resource Available :lol:

Being very busy in other DIY...this one later lar...somemore still don;t have ICE...install also not nice <_<

just want to share....i bought those dirt cheap dashboard lights that uses the ciggie lighter.
For about RM5 a pair, cut off the socket and hardwire them to the sub. wires / terminals...
works just fine...and follows the bass...althought the lighting not so perfect but it works if
you put up the volume a bit....for the budget and trendy bling bling....

i may have some lobang to give u all in the ccfl light come with inverter and sound module, just pm me for detail, btw, i tried my ccfl used everyday to install in my car, fine after 5 hour running. and i off it after 5 hour, the rest i dunno, since the light can tahan 5 hour, i think it can still tahan until it reach it's lifespan about 3000hour? check on website later. the current from car is 12-14v, so maybe we need to modify a power supply unit to make sure it only pass 12v to ccfl, will update it later. and i think the unit only cost a few buck, happy diy

Top Bottom