civic eg bodykits

Ashyie_Ferio

Known Member
Oct 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
oooo.. okay...
mine is an eg8....
so i'll try to find eg8 bumpers la.. thnx...

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
oooo.. okay...
mine is an eg8....
so i'll try to find eg8 bumpers la.. thnx...
EG8/EG9 bumpers same only, but usually EG9 come with foglight, plastic lip, while eg8 bumper kosong only.

Eg6, got so much lip choices, it would be stupid to go buy fake one.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
arturo, well i think my prob is the same as yours. the screws n clips are damaged i think. im not sure how it happened. probably because of old age. however, i dont have the equipment or know how to fix it myself.

im actually going to the workshop to fix my car body since it was involved in an accident a few years back.
the left front tire exploded and therefore dented the chassis. so i thought to replace the bumpers along with repairing the dent.

jin, what do you think if i use eg6 bumpers. more choice for carbon lip ke?
i want to make it look aggresive.
:burnout:
eg6 or eg9 oso very nice, but if wan spoon lip, eg6 is a must...

Ashyie_Ferio

Known Member
Oct 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
wah. sifu r?
tq sifu!:adore:

me noob. :)
gona check the halfcut shop later la.
so front bumper and fender.
what about the rear?
rear bumper only?

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
ok. will do...
eg6 front bumper n fender
eg9 rear bumper. got it.
thnx.:adore:
EG6 fender must combine with your EG8 fender.. because the turn signal for EG6 is shorter, and if you want to use EG6 turn signals.

But if on budget, then no need EG6 fender.. just modify the the bumper mounting. at the fender only.. For me, it looks a bit cacat, but maybe not to you...

Sorry, usually if people convert, I recommend they go for the EG8 + EG6 fender modification, because they usually want to use EG6 turn signals or convert to projectors after that.

What I described is full front end EG6 conversion... means you can use EG6 signal, and if you buy the TYC Projectors/etc single unit headlamp + signal., can fit perfectly.. basically any eg6 single unit headlamp+signal can use... EG8/9, sure got gap at signal area.

So up to you.. buy bumper only, see if the look is acceptable or not, if not, then combine the fenders to convert EG8 front end to EG6.

Done before, because owner wanted to use TYC projectors and J's carbon air intake on a EG sedan.

Last edited:

Ashyie_Ferio

Known Member
Oct 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
EG6 fender must combine with your EG8 fender.. because the turn signal for EG6 is shorter, and if you want to use EG6 turn signals.

But if on budget, then no need EG6 fender.. just modify the the bumper mounting. at the fender only.. For me, it looks a bit cacat, but maybe not to you...

Sorry, usually if people convert, I recommend they go for the EG8 + EG6 fender modification, because they usually want to use EG6 turn signals or convert to projectors after that.

What I described is full front end EG6 conversion... means you can use EG6 signal, and if you buy the TYC Projectors/etc single unit headlamp + signal., can fit perfectly.. basically any eg6 single unit headlamp+signal can use... EG8/9, sure got gap at signal area.

So up to you.. buy bumper only, see if the look is acceptable or not, if not, then combine the fenders to convert EG8 front end to EG6.

Done before, because owner wanted to use TYC projectors and J's carbon air intake on a EG sedan.
when u say combine eg6 fender with eg 8 fender,u mean weld them together or what?

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
yeah weld them together, but have to cut at the right place, so if the shop never do it before, I think better not. they might do a bad job of it..

Like I said, put the front bumper on first.. then decide if you feel you want to do the EG6 fender mod or not.

Ashyie_Ferio

Known Member
Oct 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
only where the bumper would connect to the fender is different right? so need to modify the fender to fit the bumper?
am i right so far?

but if using stock eg8 headlights n turn signal, no need is it?
if i dont do this mod, meaning they will be a gap ke between the front bumper and fender?

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
not really, the fender is shorter (the EG6 front end is shorter than EG8)
What you want is the bumper to fender clip area (the place where the bumper meets the fender) to the signal light curve part. The EG6 signal light is also shorter than the EG8's. When it's done properly, You can still use the rubber fender covers from the EG8/9, and no need to custom mount it with cable ties or whatever.. can use original clips. If you do it wrong, you can't mount the rubber fender covers, so take note of where the rubber fender covers mount on the original EG8 fairing.. those are places you shouldn't cut.

Last edited:

Ashyie_Ferio

Known Member
Oct 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
sory mate. i still dont understand.
nevermind.
maybe i'll see what u mean when i put the bumper on..
thnx 4 ur help.
cheers.:cheers:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
sory mate. i still dont understand.
nevermind.
maybe i'll see what u mean when i put the bumper on..
thnx 4 ur help.
cheers.:cheers:
Yes, it'll probably become clear when you put the bumper on.
:burnout: It'll turn out good if the bodyshop knows what it's doing.. it's quite a common mod over in US, but over here, not many people do it.

Found a link.. this is bumper conversion only. simply relocate holes for the EG6 bumper. Do read properly, that he did move the bracket he made later on.. but with the fender mod, don't need, use back the original hole.

Also need to trim a bit from the bumper headlight area. but not much though..

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=872476

Now I forget where I put the EG sedan with EG6 bumper with the fender mods picture.. been trying to browse my photo folder for it since I first answered this thread.

NVM, just remembered there's a lot of them in the 92-95 honda-tech sedan thread.

Who said cannot fit with fender mods? :P Yes, using the EG6 signal lights too.
And retaining the splash guards (now only I remember their proper name, lol)

Before you ask, NO, the EG6 carbon bonnet cannot be modified to fit the EG8/9.

Last edited:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
yeah. maybe.. i hope so...
thnx so much.
Print out photo, show them, if they have clear idea, then they can tell you if they can do it or not.

I also did the same when a local eg8 wanted to do the EG6 front bumper mod.