civic eg bodykits

Ashyie_Ferio

Known Member
Oct 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
its time for me to change my bodykits. anyone know where i can find some?
currently interested in eg9 type r front bumper.
any suggestions welcome.:biggrin:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
manaada? Eg9 type R front bumper?

Or you mean the American copies of the EK9R bumper for EG?

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Oh, custom one... those are not original..
EG9 never come out with type R.

Personally don't like the design.. but hey, it's your car.

More designs, but american one. Do note that some are replicas(fakes), not originals.
http://www.aerokits.net/cart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=71_160_1474

If ori...
The Japanese Bomex EG9 kit more likely to be found in Malaysia. So far haven't seen other brands for the EG9.

If you can find this lip, this is the ultimate front bumper mod for your EG9.
Mugen EG9 lip.
This is original.. different from the fake ones, yes?

Last edited:

Ashyie_Ferio

Known Member
Oct 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
not much difference between fake or ori right?
its just the way it looks rights?
or wud fake ones attract police attention?

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Nope, but fakes won't fit so well, so have to send to bodyshop kawtim those loose parts, and for some owners, (like me) who don't like drilling holes into car body (ori use screws, clips and brackets. (fakes use rivets and drill holes into body.) No problem for now, but after a few years when you want to replace the bodykit, suddenly notice those holes for the rivets all rusted.

But as far as I know, there is no Mugen EG9 lip copies that look close to the original. Eg6, got.

Like I said, it's your car. The shops selling your bodykit come from one source only.. so if recommend other place also same, even the sample pictures are same lol.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
EG very kesian....not much choice for bodykits...and the mugen type just doesnt click with my taste but its a good investment. blardy thing not depreciating but price going up. should've gotten myself a front mugen lip n keep then a few years later sell off

EG8 and EG9 bumpers are the same...u can share all bodykits from the 4 door family with all other 4 door...2 door's fender, front bumber, bonnet and headlamps are different but some ppl have taken the 2door front bumper n fitter to the 4door variant. will fit but the curve not ngam.

also must remember...EGs had no type R...the R family only started with the EK9 so the red emblems didnt exist during the EG days...

Ashyie_Ferio

Known Member
Oct 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
EG very kesian....not much choice for bodykits...and the mugen type just doesnt click with my taste but its a good investment. blardy thing not depreciating but price going up. should've gotten myself a front mugen lip n keep then a few years later sell off

EG8 and EG9 bumpers are the same...u can share all bodykits from the 4 door family with all other 4 door...2 door's fender, front bumber, bonnet and headlamps are different but some ppl have taken the 2door front bumper n fitter to the 4door variant. will fit but the curve not ngam.

also must remember...EGs had no type R...the R family only started with the EK9 so the red emblems didnt exist during the EG days...
any suggestion on the best looking bodykit?

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
i really cannot recommend la bro cos i think EGs were already perfectly sculpted. a little lowered already looks damn good. EG sleeper car la. look slow go fast hahah

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
convert to EG9? hmmm...normally when ppl say that they mean engine/tranny n cockpit conversion...outside not much difference mah

what an EG9 has that the EG8 doesnt have...

spotlight(yellow more rare, white more common but taiwan depo brand can now get brand new- fitment i have no idea.)
rear spoiler
rear window wiper
and in some cases sunroof(i believe it was optional when the EGs were sold new back then)

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Forget japanese sites......... the price of the bodykit is one thing, the S&H will positively kill you. You can shop around at shops to see if they got, I got a complete bomex bodykit (sorry, personal collection, not selling) that way.. just trawl shops until find front bumber, then another few months sideskirts, then another year rear bumper lol....

An idea would be having shipping costs numbering in the 4 digit region.

If you want bodykit, it's either american (the site I gave you earlier) or the local ones.

But if you think bodykits for honda is rare, EG8/9 sits at the top of the list, esp when talking about original ones.

Ashyie_Ferio

Known Member
Oct 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
really? im changing my body kits not because i want to, because i have to. so not really alot of time available.
my body kit are hanging from my car body.
i mean, not attached to the car properly.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Especially for those living in these areas, please be extra alert.
There has been a lot of robbery/kidnap cases in the Bandar
Utama/Subang/USJ/Sunway areas. Suspected gang operating: Camry Gang up
to 8 members in different cars at different times.

Modus Operandi - at anytime but mostly during the day. They would
stalk
you and as you drive to your gate, "kidnap" you, take you to the ATM -
sometimes several and withdraw money. So, if you do have several ATMs,
just keep 1 on you and not all...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience