Buy a used car

last time i heard that 2.0 above the roadtax is sumwhat ridiculous here in malaysia, than type of engine oso will add up 2 it

wifey lenovo wit tapatalk

Yeahh trueee, with tht fat body. Most probably the R8 roadtax is combine with insurance. this weekend im gonna check out my car at the wrokshop, so if the R8 is still there, ill take picture and show you. hopefully the R8 is still there.

Fat body still ok, at least stable. But the CVT gearbox is the boring part. Not sure whether is anyone crazy enough to do this, transplanting the 6 speed manual or 5 speed auto from Z33 350Z into Teana. Really can be sleeper car already.

So if still rent a room, all cars park on the road side......:banghead::banghead::rofl:

Dangerous especially at KL...

Should be 7.5k
Ala, you org, Google lah skit
Road Tax Calculator - oto.my

The one I saw really 2k plus wor. I got photo also if want to see. Sometimes, even I got confused with roadtax especially high cc cars.

last time i heard that 2.0 above the roadtax is sumwhat ridiculous here in malaysia, than type of engine oso will add up 2 it

Yup, the base is 1.6, then after 2.0 the jump is really a lot.
1.6 - 90
1.8 - 280
2.0 - 380
2.2 - 580
2.4 - 780
2.6 - 1,130
2.8 - 1,630
3.0 - 2,130
3.5 - 4,380
4.0 - 6,630
5.0 - 11,130

Those who can afford R8 should be able to pull out another extra 200k. Sure they have a way to get back their money fast. No one in the right mind would save all their money until 600k and buy one R8 I guess...

Not really wor. I think they won't pay cash RM600K :rofl:

Is like I can afford an Altis at RM130K+ but can't afford a Camry at RM170K+ :rofl:

Fat body still ok, at least stable. But the CVT gearbox is the boring part. Not sure whether is anyone crazy enough to do this, transplanting the 6 speed manual or 5 speed auto from Z33 350Z into Teana. Really can be sleeper car already.

Dangerous especially at KL...

The one I saw really 2k plus wor. I got photo also if want to see. Sometimes, even I got confused with roadtax especially high cc cars.

Some they lari roadtax. Get Sabah/Sarawak Roadtax. Then they pay much much cheaper bu this i against the law. A lot of supercars was conficasted if caught.

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

So if still rent a room, all cars park on the road side......:banghead::banghead::rofl:

Car Showcase outside the house ma :rofl:

Is like I can afford an Altis at RM130K+ but can't afford a Camry at RM170K+ :rofl:

Some they lari roadtax. Get Sabah/Sarawak Roadtax. Then they pay much much cheaper bu this i against the law. A lot of supercars was conficasted if caught.

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

130k still within the range of average mid income people. Add another 40k can be difficult to mid income people. Those that are willing to pay few hundred k for a car should be in the rich category already. These people sure have ways to earn lots of money in a short period of time. So, I think the top up amount from V8 to V10 should not take too long for them to earn it back.

Sabah/Sarawak roadtax thing I've heard before also. A 350Z owner told me. They've got runner doing it. Ah, now that you've mention it and after I check, the roadtax for that R8 really is from Sarawak, haha. I'll attach a pic below.

Last edited:
130k still within the range of average mid income people. Add another 40k can be difficult to mid income people. Those that are willing to pay few hundred k for a car should be in the rich category already. These people sure have ways to earn lots of money in a short period of time. So, I think the top up amount from V8 to V10 should not take too long for them to earn it back.

Sabah/Sarawak roadtax thing I've heard before also. A 350Z owner told me. They've got runner doing it. Ah, now that you've mention it and after I check, the roadtax for that R8 really is from Sarawak, haha. I'll attach a pic below.
better black out the number plate bro. u might get the owner in trouble even though is illegal

better black out the number plate bro. u might get the owner in trouble even though is illegal

Already uploaded. I think I better remove attachment since you've seen it already. If anyone else missed it, I reupload again with black out num plate.

Nah, I can guarantee you wealthy people don't use cash to buy cars.
Unless no bank loans lah.
The reason is they can use the money for something else.
Quoted by my rich friend. Finally I understand. ahaha

Don't dismiss CVT so quickly. The 2014 Honda City CVT is very sporty responsive. And the 2013/14 Teana CVT GB is quite good too, ever since they added the cooler it makes works really well with the engine. Even on my Sylphy it's good. Problem is the Sylphy doesn't have a cooler except for the 2014 model. So always keep getting stopped by the overheating limiter.

Don't dismiss CVT so quickly. The 2014 Honda City CVT is very sporty responsive. And the 2013/14 Teana CVT GB is quite good too, ever since they added the cooler it makes works really well with the engine. Even on my Sylphy it's good. Problem is the Sylphy doesn't have a cooler except for the 2014 model. So always keep getting stopped by the overheating limiter.

Can install aftermarket cooler or not? If I am not mistaken, Proton cars with CVT have an ATF cooler right?

Nah, I can guarantee you wealthy people don't use cash to buy cars.
Unless no bank loans lah.
The reason is they can use the money for something else.
Quoted by my rich friend. Finally I understand. ahaha

yes its true, althought they can afford to pay cash in full for a car but they will still take up loans from 3-4 years. if not income tax will chase after them.
its better cash flow for them too.

They found the fault. Even first batch Lancer GT also had that problem. Later models with cooler no problem... :driver:

Top Bottom