Brembo Brake Pad

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Sorry TS, i din try brembo yet.:listen:
contacted Hawk brake pad seller, received it this morning. Install diy myself.

View attachment 566075
some diy clamp i got from baby lock gate, hahaha...
View attachment 566076
View attachment 566077
View attachment 566078

Got few bruise, caliper bolts damn tight.
give it a run at my taman for safety. At first feel like i got bomb, but after run-in. Yup it bite better than previous duno what brand. For rm150 is good.
Will give more feedback after couple days.
Nice piston pushback tool.
I just use a G clamp for wood work which is heavy.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
include grease too.

View attachment 566075
View attachment 566076
View attachment 566077
View attachment 566078

give it a run at my taman for safety. At first feel like i got bomb, but after run-in. Yup it bite better than previous duno what brand. For rm150 is good.
That plastic tool can push the piston back in?

What Hawk Brake pad model?

Did you grease the floating pin?

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
The spare parts shop which sells Trestor blue sells Brembo brake pads too. And the price is around 100 ish for common cars. The boss says its ori brembo not fake one ...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The spare parts shop which sells Trestor blue sells Brembo brake pads too. And the price is around 100 ish for common cars. The boss says its ori brembo not fake one ...
FMP 3rd brand after Bendix and Trestor is Mergent pads. Website also shows they have the HP blue pads, but no details......lol:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
include grease too.

View attachment 566075
View attachment 566076
View attachment 566077
View attachment 566078

How did it feel like for now?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
include grease too.

View attachment 566075
View attachment 566076
View attachment 566077
View attachment 566078

Great, then can be for my consideration again in the future.

Yes, usually after installation, the bite would not be good yet as you need to bed in first. Only after some bed in, then the braking becomes much better.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Because of the dust, I need to wash my wheels like every 3 to 4 days if I care about appearance. Every time right after coming back to work, go and wash car and wheel. :banghead:

If not over RM150, still can be considered. If more than that, I need to think if I really need such kind of brake pad or not.
For me, I actually quite like the brake dust because it makes my rims look darker and more matte! :biggrin:

There's nothing wrong in upgrading brakes to the best possible for street application though (not racing application). It will just make your car safer, just like using the best tire you can buy available for your size. So if you have the budget then by all means just go for the better ones that you can afford. For my Mark X, I now use Project Mu B-Spec 550 deg pads and I don't regret it at all even though I had to spent rm550 for it.

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
RENESIS VIII,

Brembo original pad never come in lower price.
Mostly over RM1300k for a set (front/rear). As they come from Italy.
Normal sedan/smaller car never come accrosed their business model.

I've been offered for this lower price of Brembo brake lining/pad.
After few research due to curiosity (Good thing never come cheap - for me)
By far, Project U or Endless is the best replacement product on the market (Price mid range)

For Waja & Hilux, I just use Bendix Metal. Coz the car hardly to reach high speed.
Mostly kura2 type of driving.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
For me, I actually quite like the brake dust because it makes my rims look darker and more matte! :biggrin:

There's nothing wrong in upgrading brakes to the best possible for street application though (not racing application). It will just make your car safer, just like using the best tire you can buy available for your size. So if you have the budget then by all means just go for the better ones that you can afford. For my Mark X, I now use Project Mu B-Spec 550 deg pads and I don't regret it at all even though I had to spent rm550 for it.
A little will make it look darker, but when too much dust going to look horrible....hhahahhaha

Upgrade to better friction pads and slightly higher working temperature will be good, like your 550 deg. for street use. Last time newbie time listen to spare part shop use 800 deg pads, cold time no bite at all, so for daily is really hard to use. However they are really good when heated up so is good for track only....

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
A little will make it look darker, but when too much dust going to look horrible....hhahahhaha

Upgrade to better friction pads and slightly higher working temperature will be good, like your 550 deg. for street use. Last time newbie time listen to spare part shop use 800 deg pads, cold time no bite at all, so for daily is really hard to use. However they are really good when heated up so is good for track only....
Hahaha, for me I can leave my rims unwashed for weeks until they're very dark & dusty!

Yup, that's why I said for street, not those for racing use.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

My wheels are in gloss silver colour so, brake dust actually make it look dirty.

Currently, my budget is not high at all since I haven't got a full time job yet. Until then, I guess I can only make do with whatever that is affordable and at the very least, reliable as well.

RENESIS VIII,

Brembo original pad never come in lower price.
Mostly over RM1300k for a set (front/rear). As they come from Italy.
Normal sedan/smaller car never come accrosed their business model.

I've been offered for this lower price of Brembo brake lining/pad.
After few research due to curiosity (Good thing never come cheap - for me)
By far, Project U or Endless is the best replacement product on the market (Price mid range)

For Waja & Hilux, I just use Bendix Metal. Coz the car hardly to reach high speed.
Mostly kura2 type of driving.
So these Brembo pads are not really real Brembo then, although they look like they packaged like one. I thought these could be some budget low end product but from your description, it seems like they are not. How about Sumitomo brake pad at RM170?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It was a twist of a different kind that will be keeping Ken Block out of the Rally of Portugal following an accident that saw him send his Ford Fiesta WRC car airborne with multiple rolls mid-air before coming to a halt on its side in a ditch.

Block and his teammate Alex Gelsomino were out doing shakedown and practice runs for the rally when the DC Shoes founder clipped the inside of a turn too deep and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience