Brembo Brake Pad

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Looks like these standard Brembo pads are still new to our market here. Now I'm still thinking should I change to these or not. My current ones offers good braking performance but it is just that they are quite dusty (But it seems like they got less dusty lately compared to the days when it is still just 1 or 2 weeks new).

I have also checked some of the old threads that you guys discussed in. Some of you mentioned Bendix, Trestor Blue, Akebono, Sumitomo. Perhaps I should try these?

The red makes it look nice. :biggrin:

Your current brake pads are those that came with your Libero halfcut?
Halfcut brake pads disintegrate dy...duno what brand my mechanic put.
After change brake servo brake feel nice. Still feel something missing. :smokin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
You try and give us your feedback......:adore::biggrin:
I will try if available for mine. Last time I asked it's not available for my front 4 pot, only got for the stock calipers. For the rear last time was also out of stock I think hence use Bendix again. I will ask again later once time to change.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yes, so far usually those with good bites will be a bit dusty. Those not so dusty one are usually original pads but some of those do already provide good bites too.

Based on bro VR2 & Izso, the Trestor Advantage Blue is pretty good value for money. Same manufacturer as Bendix but they said much better cold bite. I'm using Bendix Metal King now but only for my rears so decent enough.
Original pads? You mean those that came with the car? Any recommendations for these original pads?

Are these Bendix dusty?

I had Bendix metal king Plus, then Gold then Titanium before jumping to Trestor advantage. The major improvement was cold bite, right from start, it already bites where Bendix need a while to bite until it warms up. Hot also Trestor slightly better, but the problem is FMP the manufacturer have shifted to Thailand if not mistaken, and they are not selling Trestor Advantage in Malaysia already.....:bawling:
I read from your post at anther thread saying Trestor is very dusty. Is it?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Dusty is secondary, make sure the pads can perform.
If this is the case, then no reason for me to change my current brake pads. They bite very nicely and able to brake effectively. Just that they are dusty. Maybe I'll just wait 3 years later or more to change into other better brake pads.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Are these Bendix dusty?

I read from your post at anther thread saying Trestor is very dusty. Is it?
Bendix metal king is dusty. Bendix General CT (Ceramic Technology - entry model) is not dusty at all, but they don't bite as good as metal king.

Trestor Advantage is super dusty. Bendix in one week start to see dust, Trestor Advantage a few days only......lol

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Bendix metal king is dusty. Bendix General CT (Ceramic Technology - entry model) is not dusty at all, but they don't bite as good as metal king.

Trestor Advantage is super dusty. Bendix in one week start to see dust, Trestor Advantage a few days only......lol
Bendix General CT should not cost a lot right? Since it is entry model.

My current ones can see dust in less than a week and they stick on the tyres too which makes the tyres to appear reddish brown. Hard to clean those away.

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
So, if you want a pad that can bite well, dust cannot be avoided?
Im sure there is pads that can do both but it's not gonna be cheap hahha.

Yup, agree on this. My metal king dust a lot, and when fitted trestor advantage the brakes improved a lot and so did the amount of dust......hhahahhahhah:biggrin:
For me I don't mind the dust, janji can perform hahah

Original pads? You mean those that came with the car? Any recommendations for these original pads?
i think he meant organic hahah typo

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bendix General CT should not cost a lot right? Since it is entry model.

My current ones can see dust in less than a week and they stick on the tyres too which makes the tyres to appear reddish brown. Hard to clean those away.
General CT for wira should not be more than RM100 if not mistaken, but nowadays with weak ringgit who knows. My chery oil filter was 18 now 23, cabin filter was 30 now 45....:banghead::banghead:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Nowadays less organic pads dy. Organic pads heat up cause air pocket that is why kena brake fade....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Because of the dust, I need to wash my wheels like every 3 to 4 days if I care about appearance. Every time right after coming back to work, go and wash car and wheel. :banghead:

General CT for wira should not be more than RM100 if not mistaken, but nowadays with weak ringgit who knows. My chery oil filter was 18 now 23, cabin filter was 30 now 45....:banghead::banghead:
If not over RM150, still can be considered. If more than that, I need to think if I really need such kind of brake pad or not.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Sorry TS, i din try brembo yet.:listen:
contacted Hawk brake pad seller, received it this morning. Install diy myself.
include grease too.

IMAG0171.jpg
some diy clamp i got from baby lock gate, hahaha...
IMAG0173.jpg
IMAG0174.jpg
IMAG0180.jpg

Got few bruise, caliper bolts damn tight.
give it a run at my taman for safety. At first feel like i got bomb, but after run-in. Yup it bite better than previous duno what brand. For rm150 is good.
Will give more feedback after couple days.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

any zth member can recommend any Workshop can tune camshaft with adj cam pulley ?
price ?
tq
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience