Brakes!

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Hey guys i'm driving a turbo putra with stock brakes except the calipers which is from gsr.hopefully some of u can enlighten me on why brake fades during frequent hard braking?i find that if i'm going at a higher speed than normal and brake frequently,it lets out a weird roaring sound.before this got it skimmed because it was vibrating.
is it the disc or the pads which cannot stand the temperature?
what kinda brakes u guys recommend?

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
so the brake pads r the culprits ya?thanks.will get it.mind suggesting what brand should i go for since i heard some contradicting opinions like it eats up the disc,so on n so forth.

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Thanks Luke.:biggrin:
will see how much issit but gonna be expensive.haha better than the car won't be able to stop on time.

vrfour

Dec 18, 2008
mayb try using da evo twin port brakes. i think its better than da gsr 1.

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
so it's endless brake pads with twin pot evo brakes la?hmmm seems like gonna set me a thousand bucks ka?

Penghanyut

Known Member
Jul 19, 2005
KL
Hi,
Personally I've tried Endless SSS and its not up to my expectation.
Brakes still fade after about 3-5 hard braking.
I would personally recommend Project Miu HD Kai pads.
I'm not sure if they produce for GSR caliper but they have it for Mitsu twin pots.
So far never disappoint me.
Running on stock vr4 front braking system.
Far greater than Bendix/EBC/Endless SSS/Ferodo (midrange ones)
Costs RM400+ for front set.
I'm sure your safety is worth wayyy more than that :)

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Thanks penghayut,
will look around to see what price they offer outside.

"safety first"
-Durex-:biggrin:

luqae

Known Member
Dec 4, 2008
i think ur prob is that when u hard break a few times ur break becomes hot,and normal breaks doesnt work in high temperature, mayb u shud get those break disk and calipers dat work in high tempreture like those used in racing.but some race breaks doesnt work well in low temperature, so i think u shud upgrade ur disk and calipers, and theres 1 easy solution that u shud try,its widely used in rally and racing, put a host from ur front bumper and direct the host to ur disk,the air shud cooldown ur breaks a little. just my 2$

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
i think ur prob is that when u hard break a few times ur break becomes hot,and normal breaks doesnt work in high temperature, mayb u shud get those break disk and calipers dat work in high tempreture like those used in racing.but some race breaks doesnt work well in low temperature, so i think u shud upgrade ur disk and calipers, and theres 1 easy solution that u shud try,its widely used in rally and racing, put a host from ur front bumper and direct the host to ur disk,the air shud cooldown ur breaks a little. just my 2$
disc and calipers are mostly the same... the only thing u need to upgrade is ur brake pad... racing brake pad works wonderfully at high temp, but low temp doesnt bite well... normal brake pads work well at low temp... but once they gets heated up, u will have brake fade...

if ur oem disc/rotor is solid disc, i recommend u to get ventilated disc at least... it allows better cooling as heat is the main factor for a brake to fail... cross-drilled is not necessary unless u feel it is needed... because cross-drilled rotors accelerate ur brake pad wear n tear.... it also causes lots of stress to ur brake disc, which might crack ur disc....

jaydee

Known Member
Jul 5, 2005
Subang Jaya
Hi,
Personally I've tried Endless SSS and its not up to my expectation.
Brakes still fade after about 3-5 hard braking.
I would personally recommend Project Miu HD Kai pads.
I'm not sure if they produce for GSR caliper but they have it for Mitsu twin pots.
So far never disappoint me.
Running on stock vr4 front braking system.
Far greater than Bendix/EBC/Endless SSS/Ferodo (midrange ones)
Costs RM400+ for front set.
I'm sure your safety is worth wayyy more than that :)
Agree 100% on the pads as I've used em before....
Once you use Project U, you won't get use to other brake pads..
like what I'm going through now... *sigh*

put 2 pots brake from evo...i think it is enough to stop u safely when speeding more than 200kmps!!!
I'm using some other brake pads + twin pots now... I don't wanna mentioned the brand name but I didn't enjoy the braking experience when I tried to quickly slow down to take a corner from 180 over kph... (not so sure how fast because my meter ends at 180kmh hehe...)
Never had any problem with Project U - But its expensive, thats why I didn't get them the 2nd time... :(

Hey guys i'm driving a turbo putra with stock brakes except the calipers which is from gsr.hopefully some of u can enlighten me on why brake fades during frequent hard braking?i find that if i'm going at a higher speed than normal and brake frequently,it lets out a weird roaring sound.before this got it skimmed because it was vibrating.
is it the disc or the pads which cannot stand the temperature?
what kinda brakes u guys recommend?
I used to have irritating sound coming out from my disc brakes before.
Basically when you skim your discs, make sure you change the pads, or if you change the pads, skim the discs also... I'll be much better.. :)

But talking about better braking quality etc... I suggest you get twin pots. No regrets! :driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It’s all about the upcoming Hari Raya festivities and NAZA Quest, the official distributor of Chevrolet vehicles here in Malaysia has just provided a series of discounts and even a complimentary car for your convenience – all for the sake of ensuring that you’ve got yourself a Chevrolet that’s in good working condition for that long-haul back to visit the relatives...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience