All type of sound from my car... help !

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
hey guys, workshop still cannot figure out what is with all the sound....

just want to ask if i were to go for engine overhaul, how much would it cost me?

also, any recommended workshop? klang valley that is
Get 2nd opinion from another workshop, before doing overhaul

iameternal

Known Member
May 16, 2019
I can only think of the 1.8 campro stroker kit when he mentioned abt overhaul. That will be worth the time stripping down the engine.

i just want the engine to run smoothly..no intention to upgrade..ha

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I can only think of the 1.8 campro stroker kit when he mentioned abt overhaul. That will be worth the time stripping down the engine.
1.8 is legal might as well swap engine, stroke if possible go 2.0L......hhahahhahhaha

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I thought a lightened crank pulley makes the engine more eager to rev. At least, that's my butt dyno feel when I replaced.

I didnt re-balance the crankshaft.Have engine vibration at idle and few years down the road despite minimal usage, has had to replace ac compressor, alternator. God knows what else is coming soon.
Let experts explain
https://machv.com/pages/tip-11-crank-pulleys

Under drive pulley for a supercharged car I understand. Lightened pulley for NA is pointless for street driving. In-line 4 engines aren’t smooth, I believe the harmonic dampeners do something else manufacturers won’t include it.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Get 2nd opinion from another workshop, before doing overhaul
This is the best advice. I got a good mechanic out in the woods in Sungai Buloh if you want.

But he can’t do wiring and electrical — basic only. He’s a mechanic.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
This is the best advice. I got a good mechanic out in the woods in Sungai Buloh if you want.

But he can’t do wiring and electrical — basic only. He’s a mechanic.
Most mechanic don't do wiring, simple one then yes. Major wiring problem always sent to wire man......lol

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Stock OEM.

Trust me.

Why?

I changed to aftermarket one after all the hype. Then I changed back. true story.
Agreed, i am one of those guys who've changed back to stock after 2-3 months on lighten crank pulley, endless problem !

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Guys,
allow me to ride on this thread as i am having this problem with my blm.

Recently i hear 'kluk2' sound on my blm. It happen during initial movement when load is transferred to the back. Its very faint that the radio needs to be switched off before the sound can be heard. Its like a metal to metal sound. A quick inspection reveal that the 2 bottom engine mounting is torn thus i replaced all for last sunday.

Car felt like new but the noise is still there and can hear more clearly as the new mounting seems to lower noise coming from the engine. Lower arm is new (less than 1 yr and its ori Proton), no significant free play on tie rod and absorber link to arb. I am starting to think its the caliper pin. How do i check the pin?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Guys,
allow me to ride on this thread as i am having this problem with my blm.

Recently i hear 'kluk2' sound on my blm. It happen during initial movement when load is transferred to the back. Its very faint that the radio needs to be switched off before the sound can be heard. Its like a metal to metal sound. A quick inspection reveal that the 2 bottom engine mounting is torn thus i replaced all for last sunday.

Car felt like new but the noise is still there and can hear more clearly as the new mounting seems to lower noise coming from the engine. Lower arm is new (less than 1 yr and its ori Proton), no significant free play on tie rod and absorber link to arb. I am starting to think its the caliper pin. How do i check the pin?
Jack it up and hit the tires with base of your fist, it will give some noises if the caliper pins already worn out. But the noises from that is more like lite rattling sound. Your knocking noise can also come from worn antiroll bar bushings so the ARB might have up/down movement and touches some of other parts or lower arms. That was the case for my Swift.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Jack it up and hit the tires with base of your fist, it will give some noises if the caliper pins already worn out. But the noises from that is more like lite rattling sound. Your knocking noise can also come from worn antiroll bar bushings so the ARB might have up/down movement and touches some of other parts or lower arms. That was the case for my Swift.
I just jacked the vehicle and try to shake/knock/punch and nothing gives or produce sound. I removed the tire and try shaking the brake using hand and it moves a tiny bit. Can feel its metal to metal contact so i removed the caliper pin and cleaned them;
IMG_20190910_202842.jpg
IMG_20190910_202832.jpg

I cant feel any wear with my fingers. The pin comes with that flat surface and its not cause by wear and tear. There is some metal contact sign but no wear can be felt using finger. When i put back the caliper in the slot and try to shake it it moves in all direction for the bottom pin but the top pin only moves very slightly.

So are the pins worn out?

If yes should i go for original pin or aftermarket with silicone ring?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
After lubricating and putting back, does it still make a sound?
Forgot to mentioned, that pin was coated with grease when i remove them. There was free play when it was still coated with grease. The pic is taken after i cleaned them to show the surface better.

I havent lubricate it back as i dont have high temp grease with me.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Forgot to mentioned, that pin was coated with grease when i remove them. There was free play when it was still coated with grease. The pic is taken after i cleaned them to show the surface better.

I havent lubricate it back as i dont have high temp grease with me.
Dude, if you didn't lube it back, it'll cause more noise. It's supposed to move in and out a bit for single piston calipers like yours.

Is that a Myvi caliper pin? The silicon one does help but even that silicon one is wear and tear. Faster lube it up, it's not healthy for metal to metal rubbing without grease

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Dude, if you didn't lube it back, it'll cause more noise. It's supposed to move in and out a bit for single piston calipers like yours.

Is that a Myvi caliper pin? The silicon one does help but even that silicon one is wear and tear. Faster lube it up, it's not healthy for metal to metal rubbing without grease
I havent put it back.
Thats the original pin since 2008.

i know its suppose to move in and out but it can move up and down left and right. Is the other movement instead of in and out are normal or should i replace?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

finally, last 2 days, i decide to put tufoil into my car engine. i mix it with castrol magnatec.

but, the teppet sound is seems to be noiser and louder that before. and my car engine is 'roaring' like diesel engine. why...?

focalpoint, plese respon.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience