need help! heart ache sound coming from gearbox

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

scottwrx

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2007
calling all sifu...

really need help on my c160 lsd, ever since playing drag wif some cars yesterday, there is a "krok krok" sound coming from my gb but not humming sound.. gear can engaged like normal.. it happens when ever the both wheels are spinning.. engine on or off, gear engaged or not also got sound.. it sounds like uneven metal sound.. when ever the car is cruising or moving can hear the sound.. but the sound disappear when braking or accelarating..

I already jack up the car, start engine, engage gear n let the wheel spin.. got sound, but when gear not engage spinning one wheel.. no sound.. I think only got sound when both wheels are spinning..

could it be the lsd damaged? or worn bearing? or any other serious problem?

thanx!

sdil_trdtoms

Known Member
Oct 19, 2007
before dat i wanna ask...who won de drag? :biggrin: and wat type of car du u challenge?

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
before dat i wanna ask...who won de drag? :biggrin: and wat type of car du u challenge?
yaya... i also interesting on this scot.. hahah :biggrin::biggrin:

pls check ur drive shaft .. mayb ur engine too power.. drive shaft head going to dead ler,... hahahah

NA_Lover

Known Member
Jul 19, 2008
Ya scott.. most importantly did you smoke em first?
Wahahaha!!!

Sorry to chip in without useful info..

howard?!

Known Member
Sep 14, 2007
wah...bro scottwrx,u play drag wit wat car oh...until gearbox also got problem.

km_chew

Known Member
Aug 10, 2004
Penang
Try check the outer items 1st. My friend just had a transplant last year, had this problem. Jack up here n there, can't find the source. Until recently, only found the culprit. His was, the extrator joint crack "the part where 4 to 2" .. Krakk Krakk sound intermittenly.

Any moving part, give a check. If you really suspect the C160, flush the oil and hope the best no metal residue come out from there.

Juz my 2 small cents bro..

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
If its the clutch type LSD;you may need to service/repair the LSD(sound from plates rubbing-quite normal unless too loud)Else check your bearings clutch;drive shaft(gearbox side) and wheel.Check for free play and lateral movement.

Just my 2 cents

as an aside anyone out there running BT/ST 20v 1.8???

turbo10

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2003
sg petani kedah
Try check the outer items 1st. My friend just had a transplant last year, had this problem. Jack up here n there, can't find the source. Until recently, only found the culprit. His was, the extrator joint crack "the part where 4 to 2" .. Krakk Krakk sound intermittenly.

Any moving part, give a check. If you really suspect the C160, flush the oil and hope the best no metal residue come out from there.

Juz my 2 small cents bro..
yes..i agree..mebbe u should checkas what chew said..and btw..good game that night..what time u went home scott?

Last edited:

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
scott, most of us are more interested to kno if it is ur 'scooby' win or ur opponent wins.. hahaha

anyway.. i think the guys are right..check 2 culprits ->.. the extractor joints and LSD..
and remember to let us kno who won ...:P

scottwrx

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2007
walau eh.. all of u har... I now sakit hati n yet u all more interested in who won.. hehehe... played with bt ae92, win by one car distance, then ek b16a wif type r piston n extractor.. lose by 1 car, tapau me at gear 3... use s flow n drop in filter lah... forgot to change, so car like snail.. shit!..

thanx everybody for the input.. will check on it..

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
sometime could be the long shaft - the joints with yr rear axle gives way...my ke70 encountered it b4....

turbo10

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2003
sg petani kedah
walau eh.. all of u har... I now sakit hati n yet u all more interested in who won.. hehehe... played with bt ae92, win by one car distance, then ek b16a wif type r piston n extractor.. lose by 1 car, tapau me at gear 3... use s flow n drop in filter lah... forgot to change, so car like snail.. shit!..

thanx everybody for the input.. will check on it..
i tot the civic is using full b16b..that was told by my fren..fren of that civic guy..u r using s flow..still powerful..no wonder so silence your muffler

scottwrx

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2007
yes..i agree..mebbe u should checkas what chew said..and btw..good game that night..what time u went home scott?
bro.. i went minum with din, the geng until 3 am kot.. hehehe.... but his car damn fast lah... coz a lot of ppl talk about his car... he juz said 16a rojak only, never mention full 16b, but i think is 16b lah.... impossible 16a that fast one lah....

next tt test with me lorr...ha ha ha:rofl:
test? u let how many "tiang" u wanna let me? ur car different leh... sifu's car woh.... hehehehe...

juz now sent to 2 different mechanic, both saying drive shaft (engine side) bearing hancur.... so tomorrow will get the drive shaft and change, afraid will jam lah..... fuh.. damn worry, tot i damage the gb lah....

when car healthy again, use straight flow n open pod filter... take out woofer n spare tayar.. then test again... muahaha....

Last edited:

howard?!

Known Member
Sep 14, 2007
fuh-yo...test wit vtec ah...wei,u kena drag racun oredi lah...so ur next trip to kl,we go to the drag battle again lah...ok boh..?:rofl:

nappx

2,000 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
kLaNG-kEy_tEE
scoot..just kidding lor..MCSB only!!!
howard...you seling ur 7A engine ka?
sdil...not sifu..baru belajar maa..malu lah ngan other old timer,..we are biginner...baru belajar spin tayar

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys

i m looking for emanage for my car (going to turbocharge), but the full set wiring and 3 bar map sensor all in will be rm2200 (new) without installation and tuning, is it expensive??

then i got another offer is apexi power fc + controller, used item for evo, but with all complete sensor and wiring cost around rm1800.

now i m wondering which one is more suitable for my car, i think the power fc is a good deal, but i need advice from u guys.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience