4G15p - can do something on this plant?

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
dastek unichip is another piggyback, microtech also has one...motec is complete standalone engine management...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ not cheep haaha

biz-da-tech

500 RPM
Jan 21, 2006
well yes my mech is adjust quite high for me i guess. that why it turns out have knocking. so they requirement for this item to in my car.

and now my knockin has stop already cuz they said they cant go to the limit. but i feel 4th and 5th gear really terrible so i tot can if plug in fuel regulator or fuel pump can make me reach to the top faster that would b good.

after tunes yes compare to the original cam , now my pick up have alot. 15inch rims 1st gear to 2nd can spin a bit now :). using original cam also hard to reach that top speed, cuz old setting is all spoil or some problem, so after that i fix the troubles and mod it... i also wonder how come last time my car can reach that top speed...

yes i thinking to go for safc II but then no kangtao here. brand new just too expensive for my minor fine mod. i just wanna reach to the top fine mod , example simple to said stage 1 mod :) .

if i can get the kangtao... tune pricing i ask... 200Rm to 300RM ... tunning only. at penang crazy..

so now i wanna make it max fine tune so that why i check out the fuel management which 1 is the best to fit in. so far now i gettin a few survey turn out regulator is the best choices then fuel pump. but would it eat more den fuel pump , my gasoline?

yea i come across to plug in crank pulley arospeed.
can free up 3 to 5hp? is that true?

crank pulley arospeed can fit in 4g13? cuz im lazy to go ask my mech again lol.

and arospeed fuel regulator good ?

cuz i guess i almost reach the stage 1 mod :) everything item i plug also no more den 500RM :P but total all fix also kinda close to pain in the ass. like save another 1k plus can get 4g91 engine >.<

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
yea i come across to plug in crank pulley arospeed.
can free up 3 to 5hp? is that true?
3-5bhp is a lot bro.
honda type R 1600cc do a lot modification to the stock engine to pull out extra 15bhp. so i think cant reach 3bhp with just that crank pulley.

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
bizdatech, the crank pulley u mentioned is most prolly from mythelogy, dyno proven on some 4g15 to gib u a coupla more hps peak power...not a myth this one...arospeed, last time i checked did not have any crank pulley, only cam pulley...

one thing u must look at is the powerband curve, not only peak hp...peak hp is just half the story...u will realize that with a lightened crank pulley, the increase is throughout the powerband, certain areas (particularly lower end) more than just a few hps, but the effect is lessened at the peak rpm...even if peak rpm power stays the same, but ur car will still be faster due to increases elsewhere in the powerband curve...

IMO, a worthwhile mod...

bizdatech, nola dun count in the total cost ur mods like dat...the modding experience spoil oso la haha

the 4g13 is a relatively cheap engine to mod, mods oso cost quite cheep, good base to start learning ur way around engines...

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
Some of you mentioned mods to the 4G15 that involved elevating the compression. After modding, do you need to change fuel with different octane ?

biz-da-tech

500 RPM
Jan 21, 2006
i will try to find cheap crank pulley light weight and fuel adjustable see wat it happen :)

since a few people said mod fuel adjustable better den using fuel pump...

but my topspeed is really sucks tho...

Last edited:

proton63t

500 RPM
Mar 21, 2007
I drives an iswara and i can tell u a few things....

1.) I personally transplanted 4G15 (taken from a wira mitsu version)
2.) Skimmed Head
3.) Mild Cam

This is the mod I did on 4g15, my top speed still 170kmh. The reason is I still using 1.3 gbox.

For ur wira 1.5 gearbox I not very sure, but u can forget about getting to improve your top speed with 1.3/1.5 gbox, coz they max around 170kmh. Its the gear ratio design that limits your top speed.

What u can play is, IMPROVE YOUR ENGINE RESPOND by adding more torque and horsepower.

1.) SKIM HEAD = IMPROVE RESPOND AND TORQUE (RM200-300)
2.) PNP = IMPROVE RESPOND / TORQUE / HORSE POWER (RM600-850)
3.) HIGH CAM = EXTRA 10 HORSEPOWER AND BETTER POWER BAND TO REV (RM1000-1400)
4.) AFR = EXTRA 10% POWER IMPROVEMENT TO YOUR ENGINE (RM200-300)
5.) TUNED EXHAUST SYSTEM = IMPROVE TORQUE (RM500-800)
6.) OPENPOD = IMPROVE RESPOND
7.) CRANK PULLEY = IMPROVE RESPOND TREMENDOUSLY (RM150) U can get this from airfilter@kayvin

So you see, u have to spend a fortune and ended up ur 4G15 gains another 90cc power (equivalent to 1600cc power)

Good luck to you, but I suggest you transplant 4G92 or 4G93 or GSR or VR4......is better than modding a USELESS 4G15

Last edited:

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
Some of you mentioned mods to the 4G15 that involved elevating the compression. After modding, do you need to change fuel with different octane ?
if u compress til 15:1 then u need to use high octane fuel.
if 10:1 ron97 is fine. vtec with 10.4:1 still using ron97.
and retard ur ignition timing then wont knocking but less power.

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
So you see, u have to spend a fortune and ended up ur 4G15 gains another 90cc power (equivalent to 1600cc power)
Yes. u hantam in RM3k modification u only can get maximum WHP less than 160 i think. becozs that block is not durable like 1JZ or B16A block. block tidak tahan so the block will kondem first then u loose all ur $$ in modification. so no point play with 4g13 or 4g15. play a bit of cozs worth it larr.
better hantam in mivec engine.

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
soli not Rm3k, its RM3k-Rm10k. hehe..

biz-da-tech

500 RPM
Jan 21, 2006
.) SKIM HEAD = IMPROVE RESPOND AND TORQUE (RM200-300)
.) AFR = EXTRA 10% POWER IMPROVEMENT TO YOUR ENGINE (RM200-300)
.) TUNED EXHAUST SYSTEM = IMPROVE TORQUE (RM500-800)
.) OPENPOD = IMPROVE RESPOND
.) CRANK PULLEY = IMPROVE RESPOND TREMENDOUSLY (RM150) U can get this from airfilter@kayvin

exhaust if tuned can be used for future next engine is worst to do wit that price :P

crank pulley instreasted..

afr and skim head, mayb can do while do it slowly type.

open pod can diY??

proton63t

500 RPM
Mar 21, 2007
DIY install = can

DIY fabricate = not very possible

I suggest you buy a K&N drop-in filter if u want to maintain your respond and horsepower and FC.

Openpod has more respond, add 2 horsepower, but costly and FC very high for daily use. And you lose out top speed too, coz u gained Torque but loses horsepower in top end. Which means u are limited to around 150kmh only, no top speed.

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
as northiswara sed, no problem, there is no need to up the octane, super will do...

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
DIY install = can

DIY fabricate = not very possible

I suggest you buy a K&N drop-in filter if u want to maintain your respond and horsepower and FC.

Openpod has more respond, add 2 horsepower, but costly and FC very high for daily use. And you lose out top speed too, coz u gained Torque but loses horsepower in top end. Which means u are limited to around 150kmh only, no top speed.

mind to explain how u came up with the 2 hp figure? dyno? or butt-guess?

how is it that u lose on top speed with an extra 2 hp? or issit 2 hp at low end rpm?

how does an openpod only increase the torque, and causes top speed to be limited? need an explanation, noobie here...only 150 kmh? how did u come up with the 150 figure? under what conditions?

help enlighten us all here, 4g15 sifu...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

First, it was design a blank Vios canvas. Now, Toyota Malaysia is getting on the streets "announcing" their latest arrival of the all-new Vios. Yes, with a blank dummy. This is achieved by having a pick up truck ferry a fiberglass mockup(maybe) through a see-through aquarium all around town.

Proton had their peek-a-boo, Toyota has their...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience