4A-GE BT 20v

can some one please help me!!!!
Im swapping a 4age BT into my ae82.what could be the best ECU for this.im aiming for street performance.and what is the best gearbox for this application?? please help me! :afraid:
thnx :)

usually 4age 20v half-cuts come with their own ECUs. I'm not sure whether bt ECU can be modified, because as far as I know, ECU is advised not to be modified. If you're looking for street performance, maybe toyota sifus like levin818, tks or nappx can help.jackisblack has a point there. if you're looking for a better performance, you need to have a decent fund available,as modification can't be done without $$$...

Gong xi fa Cai :)
My car setting are all standard so i only categorise as ciku not sifu...

Standard BT, with ALL the sensors attach, already make you smiles from ear to ear.
But if you have deep pocket and wants a devil smile, then you may consider to pay a visit to Kegani, Trial Tuning, GT Auto etc... They will be able to help you achieve that with some after market parts.

jackisblack- im planing to spend around 15k

redsider-can you send me some links please? :)

levin818-thanks alot i'll look for them :)

jackisblack- im planing to spend around 15k

levin818-thanks alot i'll look for them :)

15k is damn a lot LOL.. I think you can max out NA or turbo tune and even have spare change after that... Then you can tune your chassis, handling and stuff...

It's here :adore::adore:Sifu levin818 knows something about ECU that almost everyone doesn't know.

btw, 15k of budget...You won a lottery ticket? 15k for me could include cosmetic changes on my Toyota ride :nurse:

15K...let have teh tarik..ha ha ha
poison....poison.....lot reputable mach outside...haz garage is one of the best mech for engine rebuild...
stock ecu + ????? + cam high profile + engine rebuild + right exhaust + header....sweetttt

haha..nappx put poison too much..later mouth got bubble la..

15k is more than enuf..like levin8118 said..how smile do u want..angel smile or devil smile..

u can visit nappx n buy him teh tarik n roti pisang..hehe...napie...25%...

15k alone on engine? ... That's gonna be really sweet..

But if 15k alone upgrading the car from stock standard condition, then it's not veeeery much.. more than one third of your funds will already go to your engine swap, then you still have to consider other upgrades like brakes, rims and tyres, suspension setup etc.. And you'll spend a sum on accessories as well along the way.. If you're inexperienced, you probably will also spend some unnecessary money and make some wrong buys.. Yada, yada.. But you'll still be able to get good upgrades with that budget and build a good car.. But that's for another thread, the upgrading part.

On your question, ecu.. Based on my limited knowledge, stock ecu is sufficient for street performance. If you have extra budget, go for piggybacks like E-manage. Even deeper pockets, go for standalone ecu like Freedom, Microtech, Haltech etc, just to name a few. 15k to spend on ecu? Maybe can get Motec.. But "street performance", I'd think stock ecu is more than good enough to start with.

Gearbox.. 6 speed is nicer to drive than 5 speed, and since you have 15k budget I think 6 speed should not be out of reach for you..

My humble 2 cents.. Other sifus please correct me if wrong..

15k...can get complete top set like hi cam+aftermarket v.spring+adjustble pulley+cp piston+acl bearing+power belt+minor port n polish+piggy back ecu like emanage ultimate(use haltech is better la,but for the item price only is rm3k..+install+tuning=rm5k).....anyway,go for cooling system first...like oil cooler or high cooling radiator..hi rev engine need a good cooling system..

6speed is good.as an alternative..coz,it hard to get a close ratio gear.

Top Bottom