Issue with 20v BT

20V Trumpeteer

Known Member
Jan 2, 2010
Kedah
kelvin yong 83 - sent to you in pm bro/

Guys, im experiencing a bit of resonance (vibration) sounds coming from the exhaust average 3k - 3.5k rpm. Im using 2.2 inch piping with a center bullet ( not a swirl bullet but the slightly fatter straight type) and a Jasma SR muffler. Any tips/ recommendations?
Check whether ur piping set comes with flexi pipe a.k.a nanas...if not,install 1...it will reduce or eliminate the resonance...l've experienced that kind of prob before...before installing the flexi pipe,the exhaust produce some kind of sound like 'vvt kicks in'....hehehe, very shiok, can tease those vtec but the drawback is, it weakened ur engine mounting...now, bought piping with nanas and it all gone, no more resonance...juz a sweet humming sound...juz my opinion

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
kelvin yong 83 - sent to you in pm bro/

Guys, im experiencing a bit of resonance (vibration) sounds coming from the exhaust average 3k - 3.5k rpm. Im using 2.2 inch piping with a center bullet ( not a swirl bullet but the slightly fatter straight type) and a Jasma SR muffler. Any tips/ recommendations?
It seems you are using a custom piping. The vibration could be due to mis-alignment of you piping's join. This is related with work's quality...

JustinMV85

Dec 20, 2011
Selangor
thanks 20v trumpeteer and levin 818, ill go back to the exhaust shop and double check.

kelvin yong, no problem buddy! all the best! =)

deng3882 it appears so, apparently the pressure of the levin pump is more suited for the 20v BT

pacifiable

Aug 19, 2009
Miri
Bro tumpang ur thread ya.. my bt is facing a problem that sometimes the idling could be up and down.. it is just sometimes, and when it happens i will feel the car is slightly sluggish, how can it be?

JustinMV85

Dec 20, 2011
Selangor
Sure thing bro, actually I'm also facing a few other issues myself, I'll probably head on down to Haz this weekend to get my questions answered. Will post any useful updates. =)

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Bro tumpang ur thread ya.. my bt is facing a problem that sometimes the idling could be up and down.. it is just sometimes, and when it happens i will feel the car is slightly sluggish, how can it be?
Check ecu first. "slightly sluggish" is a sign of virus infection :biggrin:
If it is OK then try clean your ISCV.

ayathu

Known Member
Feb 24, 2007
KL
Virus infection in the ECU Operating Systen, Dendows 7, :biggrin:....