120Y Old School

b310turbo

Known Member
Nov 8, 2004
Subang Jaya/Shah Alam
Visit site
R.C. said:
Datsun 120y has been my transport when i was small.

For me if I had one. I will get a transplant of a good n reliable engine maybe from the silvia batch. and then get a set sport rim and lowered it for looks. and paint it with metallic silver / black is sufficient.

Low profile.. :ph34r:

my 1.20 cents.
yup, ill go wif that!!!

PAUL_CJ

Known Member
Aug 31, 2005
PUCHONG
i also wana modified my 120y . just change my sport rims 13 inch. planing 2 change my absorber next step. then spray metalic dark blue n install 1.6 twin cam how much it will cost ?? isit worth ?

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
hahahah
my 120y also only have up to 160kph only..
but so far i only push it to 140++kph only.. and cannot go up anymore.. :(

volvo850

Known Member
Aug 28, 2005
Selangor
me have a 120Y(1981) too. yeah bro, the meter only shows 160kph. pushed it max about 155kph. hehehe....

ficxky

Known Member
Jul 14, 2005
Selayang Baru
hehe

i'm newbie , using my dad datsun 120y b310 . lampu petak wan.
engine ? my dad upgraded it many years ago from b310 to c20 (Van Engine) .. can push til 130km/h onli. i afraid , kenot handle with the sound come from engine, my dad so brave to pecut pecut, thats why he came with good ICE system, then he said ' pasang itu radio kuat, then pecut , no more engine sound , except if the engine blow' :biggrin:

guys , my dad want to change that car engine , i told him bout ca18det or ca18(normal) .
he replied me , that he want ' engine talik tayar belakang, dun wan talik depan'
i dont know much bout engine , (ca18det/ca18)
can i go for it without any mounting mod or got jpj prob ah ?

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
wah.. volvo850, really or not... 155 lor.. i also wan
my car already change to 1.5l engine still cannot.. :(

ficxky : that engine your dad change is A15 lor.. same as me.. hehe.. can push one dun worry.. nissan engine veli though one.. even blow liao then go fix fix can go again
what your dad said, the car is FR , u said CA18 is for FF car (Please correct me if i wrong). The A15 your dad change no problem lo no need mod mounting, other engine need.. u suggest lar SR20DETT or SR16 with vvl.. sure geng

good la u got dad like that.. can share share knowledge..

volvo850

Known Member
Aug 28, 2005
Selangor
sam1741 said:
wah.. volvo850, really or not... 155 lor.. i also wan
my car already change to 1.5l engine still cannot.. :(

i'm not kidding bro. i'm still using the original engine (1.2L). had an experience with an audi a4 cucuk me from the back on klia highway. but then the moment i reach 155kph the car cannot go any more. blardy hell lost to the audi. hahaha.
i overhauled the engine bout 3years ago and its still running good. everything is standard except for the exhaust and the clutch plate i'm using the one from 1.5L.

abubu

Known Member
Aug 4, 2005
kuching
www.datto.co.nr
hi guys! im also driving a square lamp b310 1980. 1st edition with small bumper and no tacho. flat rear seats too. my car can go up to 120kmh and still can o up some more. but me single driver inside too light i think...car feel like wan to fly already, so dont dare to go more..with aircond my car 100kmh already kenot go up.

volvo 850, u mod ur exhaust to sports muffler ar? and whats the difference between the 1.5l clutch plate and the ori 1? jus curious..how to know if the clutch plate needs to be replaced? what are the symptoms? sorry m a newbie in car mechanical stuff so dunno much...thanks in advance for your replies.

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
wah.. i dono the car can go that fast one
now i have to find back my 1.2 engine.. ehehehehehe

cookie

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
PJ
Visit site
abubu said:
hi guys! im also driving a square lamp b310 1980. 1st edition with small bumper and no tacho. flat rear seats too. my car can go up to 120kmh and still can o up some more. but me single driver inside too light i think...car feel like wan to fly already, so dont dare to go more..with aircond my car 100kmh already kenot go up.

volvo 850, u mod ur exhaust to sports muffler ar? and whats the difference between the 1.5l clutch plate and the ori 1? jus curious..how to know if the clutch plate needs to be replaced? what are the symptoms? sorry m a newbie in car mechanical stuff so dunno much...thanks in advance for your replies.
how do you know that you need to replace your clutch?

when u let go your clutch and tekan your pedal you feel that last time I no need to let go the clutch so high now need to let go the clutch and tekan the pedal harder than you know your clutch already habis...........

anyway since your car is pretty old and long (I am driving an old car too) my 2 cents advice is to change it lor........... safe fuel lar....... cannot tahan with fuel increase now :turtle:

abubu

Known Member
Aug 4, 2005
kuching
www.datto.co.nr
ya not bragging ler...the car can really go above 100kmh la...just have to bear with the engine noise only.nissan engines really loud la when rev hard.even those new vannette's if u rev really hard its really noisy. dont switch on the aircond too.

but must remember la. safety first...if u driving on highway u can go such speed.hardly feel it. but never try that in town roads. zigzaging in and out...if brakes or something fail then bahaya ler. its already at least 20+ years old even for the youngest b310.

a15 i think if properly tuned it can really be a monster engine la.faster than a wira 1.5..try goin to datsun1200.com forums. they even can tune a12 into a monster engine. 150+kmh no problem. maybe the engine u used is from a van so its prolly tuned up for a van..for heavy loads. not for power.

well just to share with u all some facts. the early 80's b310's and during the last years of the FR datsuns in japan domestic market are using E series engines which comes in 1.3 and 1.5 litre. E series engines comes from the later nissan sunny 130y is used in b310's too. i just wonder how they manage to bolt an FF engine into an FR car. i have saved up a few scanned JDM b310 sales catalogue from the net.the trim levels are just simply unbelievable.

abubu

Known Member
Aug 4, 2005
kuching
www.datto.co.nr
cookie: thanks a bunch for your info. my clutch all the while need to let go very high position wan ler...very very high compared to other cars. it is still very light copmared to other cars too. nearly effortless. but when the after u drive the car for sometime(everything very hot), i feel that i need to lift higher up again because if lift at same position the whole car jerks and the including the gear knob too. feel like the engine goin to stall anytime..no matter how much u floor the acclerator it still jerks...only way is to lift the clutch pedal higher...it helps abit. but annoying la. is this a sign of worn clutch?

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
wah. abubu.. i am members of datsun1200.com also..hehehe

but my clutch strange la..
i just change the clutch disc (the pad only)
and still no 'eat' one.. :(
waste money only...

but old one wears out liao lo... clear like mirror .. the surface

volvo850

Known Member
Aug 28, 2005
Selangor
U're rite abubu bro. the car is bloody light. when u go at high speed u'll have that feeling its gonna fly away. The exhaust i changed the piping a little bigger and using a sport muffler. Gonna do manifold change soon :smile: . The 1.5l clutch was actually recomended by my mech. He said it will give bigger gear ratio. Not sure though whether it works or i'm the only one felling it (placebo effect) hehehe. Btw, u'll know u need clutch replacement when u press the clutch pedal and it wil go all the way to the floor with no resistance.

Just my two cents worth :tee:

abubu

Known Member
Aug 4, 2005
kuching
www.datto.co.nr
sam:i also member too..but i dont use abubu there...my nick over there is nismo18..haha.abubu is used in aw, and here. ive read most of your posts and it seems like your datsun is having lots of problems and u're still patiently trying to iron it out 1 by 1 eh. really admire your patience la bro. haha. is your car very badly totured or isit 2nd hand? i saw theres a malaysian in datsun1200 that posted his pic up with the nick ochphangz or something likethat. his b310 sure looks chun man~ syok la when see..haha..next time i will try post my car pics up when i find the best pose(mines still stock,so not that interesting.how about u all bros out there? care share your datsun pics?.haha :wink:

volvo850:then i think my clutch is still fine then..its really effortless when fully depressed compared to other cars.maybe thats why i like the car so much.hmm..does it improves power when u change your exhaust? my car always got smoked when the traffic light turns green la.i always enjoyed smoking others in my mums kenari.hahaha.when i drive datsun i always got smoked.even cars from the same era eg. toyota ke30/ke70 smokes my car damn easily. :frown:

about the high speed handling..hum..since all my four absorbers are dead long time ago, i was wondering if the absorbers are changed to stiffer performance oriented absorbers with stock springs will make it stabler at speeds above 100kmh. any comments?

i frequently saw b210's from hell zigzagging through traffic in highways in west malaysia. its definately travelling at speeds above 140kmh as our car was around 120-130kmh...i was :eek: how could they do that?? even b310s arent that stable. what more to say b210. what more they look stock and some really in bad shape!

cookie

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
PJ
Visit site
abubu said:
cookie: thanks a bunch for your info. my clutch all the while need to let go very high position wan ler...very very high compared to other cars. it is still very light copmared to other cars too. nearly effortless. but when the after u drive the car for sometime(everything very hot), i feel that i need to lift higher up again because if lift at same position the whole car jerks and the including the gear knob too. feel like the engine goin to stall anytime..no matter how much u floor the acclerator it still jerks...only way is to lift the clutch pedal higher...it helps abit. but annoying la. is this a sign of worn clutch?
sounds to me like your clutch plate is worn out get a second opinion from the mech :biggrin:

cookie

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
PJ
Visit site
sam1741 said:
wah. abubu.. i am members of datsun1200.com also..hehehe

but my clutch strange la..
i just change the clutch disc (the pad only)
and still no 'eat' one.. :(
waste money only...

but old one wears out liao lo... clear like mirror .. the surface
may be your mech didn't adjust the clutch spring like me last time clutch mirror until
eat my flywheel :frown:

cookie

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
PJ
Visit site
volvo850 said:
U're rite abubu bro. the car is bloody light. when u go at high speed u'll have that feeling its gonna fly away. The exhaust i changed the piping a little bigger and using a sport muffler. Gonna do manifold change soon :smile: . The 1.5l clutch was actually recomended by my mech. He said it will give bigger gear ratio. Not sure though whether it works or i'm the only one felling it (placebo effect) hehehe. Btw, u'll know u need clutch replacement when u press the clutch pedal and it wil go all the way to the floor with no resistance.

Just my two cents worth :tee:
war show your muffler got Apex muffler kah :eek:

cookie

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
PJ
Visit site
abubu said:
volvo850:then i think my clutch is still fine then..its really effortless when fully depressed compared to other cars.maybe thats why i like the car so much.hmm..does it improves power when u change your exhaust? my car always got smoked when the traffic light turns green la.i always enjoyed smoking others in my mums kenari.hahaha.when i drive datsun i always got smoked.even cars from the same era eg. toyota ke30/ke70 smokes my car damn easily. :frown:

about the high speed handling..hum..since all my four absorbers are dead long time ago, i was wondering if the absorbers are changed to stiffer performance oriented absorbers with stock springs will make it stabler at speeds above 100kmh. any comments?

i frequently saw b210's from hell zigzagging through traffic in highways in west malaysia. its definately travelling at speeds above 140kmh as our car was around 120-130kmh...i was :eek: how could they do that?? even b310s arent that stable. what more to say b210. what more they look stock and some really in bad shape!
if you compare datsun original engine and Toyota engine let's take A12 and 3K engine
3K engine have more power and torque as compare to A12 engine that is why they can smoke u :marchmell

suspension u can use if not mistaken my mech mention to me front can get stiffer std suspension can get from the spare part shop :saint: btw some ppl maintain their datsun well and campur with weber IDF keng man :ciao:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

My car engine is having high engine oil lost, around 1 litres for 1500km. When stationary revving can see smoke come out from tailpipe (4-5k rpm). No smoke come out during normal startup every morning. Engine sounds normal. Compression in all cylinders are 155, 150, 155, 150. Leakdown test shows no leakage. Engine sounds normal no tak tak tak sound. Recent dyno shows 160whp (factory rated 204hp). Engine history unknown as i just bought this car.
I suspect maybe the third piston...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience