Is installing Open Pod air intake supposed to be loud at higher accerleration?

mick87

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2009
you want it??
wah..u really want to sell ar? I thought u just bought it..i guess less than 2 weeks...really hurt ur ears so much meh :confused:[/QUOTE]

You may wanna try it first.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

will it makan minyak ?
I dont think so is the air flow has improved from original

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I'm tempted...but my car is still very bery new..not 1 year yet...thought of sticking every engine parts to ori first for a year

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Actually, mightycarmods did a test with drop ins, pods and stock paper filter. For stock cars the stock filter produced the best results.

Can test this quite easily, cut off all the filter element in your stock filter and run "filterless". That'll simulate more air and just test the car as it is for a while. You'll have poorer low end and a really loud induction noise, probably better mid to high end.

Don't recommend going filterless for too long though. :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Actually, mightycarmods did a test with drop ins, pods and stock paper filter. For stock cars the stock filter produced the best results.

Can test this quite easily, cut off all the filter element in your stock filter and run "filterless". That'll simulate more air and just test the car as it is for a while. You'll have poorer low end and a really loud induction noise, probably better mid to high end.

Damn! Wasted my money on KNN Drop In filter then :frown:

kazukimy

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2006
KL/Pahang
devil-home.blogspot.com

my previous tiara run filterless for 3years!!!:rofl: coz when bought it, tot supposedly have it, den for some reason and check it..omg...it was empty,wakaka..but luckily nth happened to it,and nw sold the car ady....

eh, u ady change kah?nvmla....change ady lo,no need to keep on replacing paper filter...jzu wash can ady...consider reusable filter lo,wakaka

Last edited:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
If found drop in option for my turbo L5 sure I'd buy it. just that 2 - 3 years back it was hard to find the OEM paper filter.. if found, the price damn expensive expensive (near rm100)...

so I went for the open pod route + custom intake pipe just for the stock turbo... at least if it weren't for the performance, I can re - wash and re - oiled (damn you KNN! :banghead: ) the pod again and again haha

If I remember properly, most otais here at zth always recommend proper exhaust rather than intake
if got money to buy open pod, save summore and get a good header instead
...gem of an advice :love:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

The result is filtering result or performance result? Well running filterless is like breathing through nose without nose hair...oh my lady gaga

just remove the stock drop in filter lo...sure can feel faster :rofl:
KNN drop in already cost RM200..half of the open pod price already..dat's y I'm wondering which to choose also. But it won't be now la...exhaust system warranty is 1 year. So after a year I'll be changing both extractor and filter at once. Now eat gardenia and save $$ first haha

If I remember properly, most otais here at zth always recommend proper exhaust rather than intake

...gem of an advice :love:
Couldn't agree more...input = output...breath that much, fart that much = power!

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
haha iszo....recently i just cut some bigger opening hole at the "resonator" to create a bigger air buffer area inside the airbox.....hehehehehe...now the car roars and a bit more responsive :driver:

(still a sluggish auto by any mean) :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
my previous tiara run filterless for 3years!!!:rofl: coz when bought it, tot supposedly have it, den for some reason and check it..omg...it was empty,wakaka..but luckily nth happened to it,and nw sold the car ady....

eh, u ady change kah?nvmla....change ady lo,no need to keep on replacing paper filter...jzu wash can ady...consider reusable filter lo,wakaka
Nvm la, remove Drop in Filter...dont use filter save cost...:biggrin:

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
RM 520 from a workshop with installation. Just tested on highway, 3k rpm is still ok at 120km/h, beyond 3k rpm the sound will be louder. i was thinking to have better insulation, but it will to much work where they might strip off the entire dashboard to do it. at first was looking into drop in filter, but after much research, drop-in doesnt make much different on performance.

That's true bro.Use before for my waja not feel much differential in pick up.With open mode i feel more smoother throttle responds.mine not much sound since my muffler fiber not work properly any more.thinking for using double barrel exhaust + extractor.maybe done together with full piping also.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
haha iszo....recently i just cut some bigger opening hole at the "resonator" to create a bigger air buffer area inside the airbox.....hehehehehe...now the car roars and a bit more responsive :driver:

(still a sluggish auto by any mean) :biggrin:
Fuiyo.. eh take pics and post as a DIY la. If you cut the hole in the resonator did you cover it with a breather or some sort of filter? Take pics share share la.

The result is filtering result or performance result? Well running filterless is like breathing through nose without nose hair...oh my lady gaga!
Hahaha! Lady Gaga indeed! The result of the test by Mightycarmods was performance. Filtration testing isn't really that a big deal imho since anything that gets sucked into the combustion chamber is gonna burn into crisp and break down into either nothing or carbon. Worst case scenario is you get a lot of carbon buildup and your engine oil gets real dirty real fast.

Don't say waste la. Think of it as long term investment. Sooner or later you're gonna drop in that turbo and/or stroke and/or balancing and/or PNP and/or close ratio gearbox mah :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
no.. it wont eat.. but it drinks. :rofl::rofl:
Then I better not use Open Pod on Saga BLM...later Bazir Lebih Minyak....:hmmmm2:

Since now stock adi Minum like shit...:banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I thought Saga BLM is fuel efficient? How many KM/L you are able to achieve bro?
4 bars of petrol for below 230KM+- if not wrong..City Drive...

If drive all the way to Sg.Siput constant 110km/h + some overtaking at 120km/h also 3 1/2 - 4 bars usually..

RM43 - RM50 for 4 bars...

his car got turbo kot,everytime pishh here and there:burnout:,wakakakakkaka
Got Surbo only...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

ChÃ*o t?t c? các thÃ*nh viên trong forum hôm nay mình m?o mu?i post lên 1 câu chuy?n mÃ* mình dang c?n các chuyên gia rÃ*nh v? pháp lu?t tu v?n cung nhu các ACE giúp d? !

Nam h?t t?t d?n ai cung nô n?c dón chÃ*o nam moi! nhÃ* nhÃ* ngu?i ngu?i dua nhau hân hoan !
NhÃ* tôi thì khác vì ph?i vu?ng b?n vÃ*o 1 chuy?n dau lòng! thuong cho m? giÃ* vÃ* d?a e trai !

NhÃ* tôi hi?n dang ng? t?i Khu 4, ?p hòa bình, Xã bão Hòa, Huy?n Xuân L?c, T?nh D?ng Nai.

ACE ai có...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience