.: Exhaust Modification Corner :.

kweng dude, when can you reply me? where's ya shop??
what kinda mod you want to know? i don't have turbo that's for sure..

settel.............

now change topic.

got japan mulffer or not........

Last edited:
kweng dude, when can you reply me? where's ya shop??
what kinda mod you want to know? i don't have turbo that's for sure..

For such a performance engine on drifiting car, 2.3" also no problem. High end power is what you need now. 2.5" will be better if you plan on any forced injection modification. So, basically you can go for straight flow muffler and standard center box design(bullet design). I suggest this due to exhaust pulses get close to each other once the exhaust output gets constantly fast (warmed up engine). If this ideal case happened, your ride basically don't need any pressure for it. The exhaust will be pulled like vacuum on to surrounding. Hope you get me. UGPM anyway. Thanks.

For such a performance engine on drifiting car, 2.3" also no problem. High end power is what you need now. 2.5" will be better if you plan on any forced injection modification. So, basically you can go for straight flow muffler and standard center box design(bullet design). I suggest this due to exhaust pulses get close to each other once the exhaust output gets constantly fast (warmed up engine). If this ideal case happened, your ride basically don't need any pressure for it. The exhaust will be pulled like vacuum on to surrounding. Hope you get me. UGPM anyway. Thanks.
bro, no reply from you yet?
u are good in exhaust, but y ur company importing such quality from taiwan, it's really make me wondering that are you really import from taiwan?

it's 'karat' and somemore got hole.
the karat can be material defect but you all still importing it in?
as for the hole, is it due to the welding skill?

Attachments

• SKY030.jpg
    SKY030.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 192
  • SKY040.jpg
    SKY040.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 196
Not S-Flow. AFAIK, HKS SUPER DRAGER isn't s-flow at all. The design goes like this becoz it is meant to create bassy sound. Besides, it is too big for your car. What is the inlet size? 2.5"? I saw the outlet of the muffler is roughly 2.5" (i dont mean the tailpipe). So, basically your car losing pressure. Time for you to get a proper s-flow model muffler bro and center box (make sure u have extra filter inside). That's my 2 cents.
Exhaust taiko, i always have a gut feeling that mods on extractor, decat , straight thru piping BUT ORIGINAL rear muffler gives a more torquer (better pick-up) feel during town or stop & go traffic but will hamper top end performance during fast touring at highway. Comments exhaust taiko? BTW my car is Auto.:confused:

My exhaust setup on Myvi...
D-Sport 4-1 extractor

AROSPEED thermal wrap..

Original Kakimoto Racing Hyper GTbox muffler for K-car.

Original Kakimoto exhaust clip

this is my setup:
4-1 extractor (D-Sport)
2' piping (inlet 1.8')
centre bullet (Everco)
2' muffler (Kakimoto Racing Hyper GTbox)

Result:
Very good in pickup especially when DVVT kick in. The muffler sound really nice, not too loud and not too bassy. Like a 4 throttle sound. Thanx to Robert from Everco Segambut.

Last edited:
Exhaust taiko, i always have a gut feeling that mods on extractor, decat , straight thru piping BUT ORIGINAL rear muffler gives a more torquer (better pick-up) feel during town or stop & go traffic but will hamper top end performance during fast touring at highway. Comments exhaust taiko? BTW my car is Auto.

Eh, no taiko here la.. just sharing only :)
Well, first of all, original muffler usually S-FLOW design (what bout yours?) and S-Flow is a pressure creator, whether you are benefiting the pressure or not , is very subjective. As for auto tranny, S-Flow gives better pick up due to delay cycles that exists with auto tranny comparing to manual. (not going deeper than that), therefore, pressure is vital in order for power kicks where it keeps hot air during standstill (remember: hot air is lighter,thus, travels faster). That's good pressure or delta pressure. But when over low-mid, topspeed slows down because the concept above turns opposite, the system doesn't need anymore pressure, therefore, the pressure is called BACKPRESSURE or bad pressure. We don't need any pressure when exhaust pulses are pulled closely with each other and leads till end, where it acts like vacuum sucking from end muffler (NULL PRESSURE).

Bump:
Exhaust taiko, i always have a gut feeling that mods on extractor, decat , straight thru piping BUT ORIGINAL rear muffler gives a more torquer (better pick-up) feel during town or stop & go traffic but will hamper top end performance during fast touring at highway. Comments exhaust taiko? BTW my car is Auto.

Eh, no taiko here la.. just sharing only :)
Well, first of all, original muffler usually S-FLOW design (what bout yours?) and S-Flow is a pressure creator, whether you are benefiting the pressure or not , is very subjective. As for auto tranny, S-Flow gives better pick up due to delay cycles that exists with auto tranny comparing to manual. (not going deeper than that), therefore, pressure is vital in order for power kicks where it keeps hot air during standstill (remember: hot air is lighter,thus, travels faster). That's good pressure or delta pressure. But when over low-mid, topspeed slows down because the concept above turns opposite, the system doesn't need anymore pressure, therefore, the pressure is called BACKPRESSURE or bad pressure. We don't need any pressure when exhaust pulses are pulled closely with each other and leads till end, where it acts like vacuum sucking from end muffler (NULL PRESSURE).

bro im using a 4g91 .. just changed ...
so i need to do a exhaust system ...
im very concern abt my FC . cause i always go long distance ..
so any suggestions on how to make my exhaust system ...
thnks bro

My exhaust setup on Myvi...
D-Sport 4-1 extractor

AROSPEED thermal wrap..

Original Kakimoto Racing Hyper GTbox muffler for K-car.

Original Kakimoto exhaust clip

this is my setup:
4-1 extractor (D-Sport)
2' piping (inlet 1.8')
centre bullet (Everco)
2' muffler (Kakimoto Racing Hyper GTbox)

Result:
Very good in pickup especially when DVVT kick in. The muffler sound really nice, not too loud and not too bassy. Like a 4 throttle sound. Thanx to Robert from Everco Segambut.

Bro, nice stuff. Yours auto or manual?

Mind me asking in detail. The downpipe after manifold is what diameter piping? 2" also?

Bump:
bro im using a 4g91 .. just changed ...
so i need to do a exhaust system ...
im very concern abt my FC . cause i always go long distance ..
so any suggestions on how to make my exhaust system ...
thnks bro

erm..1.5cc DOHC EFI.. Manual or Auto?

If manual, FC should be no problem using S-FLOW with one center box. 4-2-1 extractor with 1.7" piping. With such setup, sound quiet during high speed, highway easy to climb top speed, FC good depending on your heavy foot and engine condition.

If auto, still S-FLOW but center box has to be suitable for auto tranny one. 4-2-1 extractor gives better mid-high end power. Piping 1.7" also.

*If your main concern is FC, you have to jaga your pressure, it must be sufficiently strong for low rev to kick optimumly.

Gen2 CPS got outsider (not forummer) do exhaust mod and WAJA CPS got few forummers did already. The setup almost like what we recommend for CAMPRO, the difference is 4-2-1 fronthead is slanted a bit and piping can remain stock. It should be about 2.1" DIAMETER. Please check.

Bump: Gen2 CPS got outsider (not forummer) do exhaust mod and WAJA CPS got few forummers did already. The setup almost like what we recommend for CAMPRO, the difference is 4-2-1 fronthead is slanted a bit and piping can remain stock. It should be about 2.1" DIAMETER. Please check.

Mind me asking in detail. The downpipe after manifold is what diameter piping? 2" also?

Bump:

If manual, FC should be no problem using S-FLOW with one center box. 4-2-1 extractor with 1.7" piping. With such setup, sound quiet during high speed, highway easy to climb top speed, FC good depending on your heavy foot and engine condition.

If auto, still S-FLOW but center box has to be suitable for auto tranny one. 4-2-1 extractor gives better mid-high end power. Piping 1.7" also.

*If your main concern is FC, you have to jaga your pressure, it must be sufficiently strong for low rev to kick optimumly.
All pipes after the manifold also 2'...

Bump:

yes im very much concern abt the FC ....
my entire piping is standard .. not so sure whether its 2.0
im using manual ... so should i have to change to 1'7 ..
how much does the s-flow cost ...
hope there is no noise when i go long distance ..
i will try to run with original 1st ..check the FC
then i will try the other one ..

thanks for the wonderful tips bro ..

Bump: but i heard that s-flow is mainly used for auto cars ... its mostly used in manual for the not much produced bass sound ... is that true .. correct me if im wrong

Bump: but i heard that s-flow is mainly used for auto cars ... its mostly used in manual for the not much produced bass sound ... is that true .. correct me if im wrong

Bump: i got this from another website .... this is this guys view and opinion... have a look ... if the person who posted this is here ... im sorry and just helped to post it here ... thankss

k guys, I've tried to fix the exhaust low rpm underpowered issue. So below are the pictures to describe what happened.

as mentioned earlier i've changed my exhaust to the following s-flow setup by adding this double exhaust:

(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/adil_hidayat/doubletail-edited.jpg)

few guys from the waja & lancer club told me that the diameter if the output pipe (marked in red in above picture) has to be equivalent to the diameter of the original exhaust pipe (the 1.6" pipe). So at the exhaust shop today, the guy removed the pipe and replaced then with a smaller diameter pipe. So it's very very small (the mufflers are big but the pipe in the mufflers are very small)

then my friend (from the lancer club) chatted something with the exhaust shop guy (in chinese) then they agreed to changed the current center bullet with a swirling bullet. I know that a swilling bullet is a BIG NO for a manual car but he (the guy at the exhaust shop) told me to trust him.

This is the original bullet in my previous setup

(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/adil_hidayat/previous-setup.jpg)

(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/adil_hidayat/old-bullet.jpg)

(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/adil_hidayat/in-old-bullet.jpg)

The internal diameter of this bullet is 1.7"

The shop gave me this swirling bullet with a diameter of 1.6" (free of charge)

(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/adil_hidayat/new-bullet.jpg)

As you can see, the exit pipe has been replaced with a smaller pipe.

(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/adil_hidayat/current-sflow.jpg)

So, people would say that i've done a wrong setup for the wrong car, adding a swirling bullet with an s-flow exhaust is much suited for auto cars. But the results:

Previous setup:
1)It takes almost 4 second to reach from 1.5K rpm to 2.5K rpm
2)Easy acceleration after 3K rpm (100km/h to 150km/h is easy. Stock myvi very hard to reach this without flooring the pedal hard)

New setup:
1)It takes around 3 second to accelerate from 1.5K rpm to 2.5K rpm. The acceleration is very noticeable.
2)Power after 3K rpm is almost similar to the previous setup
Unfortunately I didn't have the opportunity to test the top speed yet.

As a conclusion, i think that the new setup helped me to get back my lost low end acceleration while maintaining the high end acceleration or maybe it's just in my head.... :*)

Feel free to test my car during TT for better clarification.

Btw, no other mods have been done (no crank pulley mod, CAI, open pod etc) just added pivot and UR front strut bar and rear ARB. Rims changed to 15" k-speed rim (192/55/15)

Please advice.

Bump: i got this from another website .... this is this guys view and opinion... have a look ... if the person who posted this is here ... im sorry and just helped to post it here ... thankss

k guys, I've tried to fix the exhaust low rpm underpowered issue. So below are the pictures to describe what happened.

as mentioned earlier i've changed my exhaust to the following s-flow setup by adding this double exhaust:

(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/adil_hidayat/doubletail-edited.jpg)

few guys from the waja & lancer club told me that the diameter if the output pipe (marked in red in above picture) has to be equivalent to the diameter of the original exhaust pipe (the 1.6" pipe). So at the exhaust shop today, the guy removed the pipe and replaced then with a smaller diameter pipe. So it's very very small (the mufflers are big but the pipe in the mufflers are very small)

then my friend (from the lancer club) chatted something with the exhaust shop guy (in chinese) then they agreed to changed the current center bullet with a swirling bullet. I know that a swilling bullet is a BIG NO for a manual car but he (the guy at the exhaust shop) told me to trust him.

This is the original bullet in my previous setup

(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/adil_hidayat/previous-setup.jpg)

(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/adil_hidayat/old-bullet.jpg)

(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/adil_hidayat/in-old-bullet.jpg)

The internal diameter of this bullet is 1.7"

The shop gave me this swirling bullet with a diameter of 1.6" (free of charge)

(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/adil_hidayat/new-bullet.jpg)

As you can see, the exit pipe has been replaced with a smaller pipe.

(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/adil_hidayat/current-sflow.jpg)

So, people would say that i've done a wrong setup for the wrong car, adding a swirling bullet with an s-flow exhaust is much suited for auto cars. But the results:

Previous setup:
1)It takes almost 4 second to reach from 1.5K rpm to 2.5K rpm
2)Easy acceleration after 3K rpm (100km/h to 150km/h is easy. Stock myvi very hard to reach this without flooring the pedal hard)

New setup:
1)It takes around 3 second to accelerate from 1.5K rpm to 2.5K rpm. The acceleration is very noticeable.
2)Power after 3K rpm is almost similar to the previous setup
Unfortunately I didn't have the opportunity to test the top speed yet.

As a conclusion, i think that the new setup helped me to get back my lost low end acceleration while maintaining the high end acceleration or maybe it's just in my head.... :*)

Feel free to test my car during TT for better clarification.

Btw, no other mods have been done (no crank pulley mod, CAI, open pod etc) just added pivot and UR front strut bar and rear ARB. Rims changed to 15" k-speed rim (192/55/15)

Please advice.

hi bro..im driving a wira with mivec 4G93 DOHC 1.8
now im using standard wira exhaust system..
got any idea wad details and brands about the new exhaust system for me?
all im worried is FC and power..but sound dun too loud lor..hope just like wira SE exhaust those kind of sound..but im low of budget..got any idea can help me? :hmmmm:

any btw..can u help explain wads the method of doing the extractor thermal warping? wad it is use for? got any advantage for doing that?
thx..:smokin:

Last edited:
for the record what is the significant difference between the original exhaust manifold and the extractor whcih are being mentioned here.....

Bump: for the record what is the significant difference between the original exhaust manifold and the extractor whcih are being mentioned here.....

Is there a different between the 'N1' style exhaust and 'larger oval shape' muffler in terms of power and pick up?

Bump: Is there a different between the 'N1' style exhaust and 'larger oval shape' muffler in terms of power and pick up?

Bro Mivec,

There are a lot of shops that offer exhaust systems but I found out the hard way and would like to share my experiences and achievements.

Sifu's like skywalker, Guan and Kent20 would agree with I hope...

Good systems dont come cheap and cheap systems wont be good.

My first experience and mistake was going to one of those guarantee power, siap pasang shops...all china made mufflers and centre boxes...they sound good for the first week and after revving a little higher it would shange their sound and sounded like cheap honda cub.

Before you know it the tail tip may even come off due to the welding.

I then, decided to visit hotbits and from there we would be able to compare the difference of workmanship and wuality of the exhaust systems.

As, most ppl know 4-2-1 is the best setup fo rnormal day use and a goos system not only provides better power it should gain better FC. Sounds like a myth...unbelivable but true.

I am using a hotbits extractor, zenden muffler, original mid box and a werewolf tail muffler.

I am sure some sifu's know the set up.

I am very satisfied with the money spent...

Hope this helps.

Bump: Bro Mivec,

There are a lot of shops that offer exhaust systems but I found out the hard way and would like to share my experiences and achievements.

My first experience and mistake was going to one of those guarantee power, siap pasang shops...all china made mufflers and centre boxes...they sound good for the first week and after revving a little higher it would shange their sound and sounded like cheap honda cub.

I then, decided to visit hotbits and from there we would be able to compare the difference of workmanship and wuality of the exhaust systems.

As, most ppl know 4-2-1 is the best setup fo rnormal day use and a goos system not only provides better power it should gain better FC. Sounds like a myth...unbelivable but true.

I am using a hotbits extractor, zenden muffler, original mid box and a werewolf tail muffler.

Hope this helps.

Bro Mivec,

Hope this helps.

Bump: Bro Mivec,

Hope this helps.

thx frank118 ,

this really do helps alot..
summo tot of going to kah seng exhaust shop..
but since hotbits exhaust alot of ppl says its good to use and hav a good quality..
would try to visit there and hav a look..:smokin:
anyway..anyone would tell me where is the nearest hotbits exhaust shop?
thx..:adore:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom