Engine Oil from Tesco

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ya.. I thought you knew. Same goes for Mobil, M'sia Mobil 1 is unique packaging vs overseas packaging
Mobil ones I know, since my mechanic selling them, Shell ones lately change and advertise also....

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Already many months ago Tesco stopped selling Mobil, Total, Elf, Shell, & Repsol and now only has Castrol, Dynolube and Tesco brand. I wonder why, sigh...
Not only stop selling, you should see the Tesco brand oil prices......lol

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
i thought all those engine oil they selling are no quality one is it true?
sigh....

Would a multinational global shopping chain sell poor quality oil? Even if they did they wouldn't sell Shell / Pennzoil / Castrol branded names because these oil and gas companies would sue the socks off these shopping chains.

They buy huge bulk overseas usually EU region and because they buy huge bulk, their price quite low. Then globally distribute and hey presto you have cheap oil to buy.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
sigh....

Would a multinational global shopping chain sell poor quality oil? Even if they did they wouldn't sell Shell / Pennzoil / Castrol branded names because these oil and gas companies would sue the socks off these shopping chains.

They buy huge bulk overseas usually EU region and because they buy huge bulk, their price quite low. Then globally distribute and hey presto you have cheap oil to buy.

Indeed, this is what they are doing now since the freight and other cost from EU back to here is cheap..

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
But lately, in fact this year very little sales promo from them...
yup...but when they do i will be either broke that time or already bought at slightly higher price. Last week i go at Tesco Cheng Melaka, they are lowering the price for Castrol..semi for about rm70 for 4 liter.

Marc60

Nov 7, 2018
But lately, in fact this year very little sales promo from them...
isnt they very good at promotions? i mean those petroliam subsidiaries lubricant e.g shell with its loyalty program something buy 3 free 1 like that

Marc60

Nov 7, 2018
sigh....

what do you mean by global shopping chain? i thought hypermarket got sell those branded lubricant. but their packaging always damaged. and how about those online shopping platform selling lubricants?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
isnt they very good at promotions? i mean those petroliam subsidiaries lubricant e.g shell with its loyalty program something buy 3 free 1 like that
Those days their promotion price was very very cheap. FS at RM129, SS at RM79 for 5L pack and so on. Nowadays FS at RM149 or 159 and SS at 99 to 109

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
what do you mean by global shopping chain? i thought hypermarket got sell those branded lubricant. but their packaging always damaged. and how about those online shopping platform selling lubricants?
Where did you see with damaged packing? All these while what I saw, was all good, in fact a whole rack of them all in good packing. As for online you have to check out the seller....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

i driving a mazda lantis 323F with B8 turbo. Currently i am facing a problem..my engine mounting, no matter ori or local one...after a while then it broken already. it seem like the stock mounting cant take the increase power from the turbo engine.

i currently custom made one hard mounting (no rubber at all), it seem help but then it sacrify all the daily drive comfortability. u can feel the whole car is shaking when u release the throttle or at high rpm.

so, any good idea for...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience