Engine Oil from Tesco

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
yup...but when they do i will be either broke that time or already bought at slightly higher price. Last week i go at Tesco Cheng Melaka, they are lowering the price for Castrol..semi for about rm70 for 4 liter.
Any Giant Hypermart in Melaka? Lately cheap prices for lube coming from them. Shell FS at RM99, and one day promo at RM89, something like that....

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Already many months ago Tesco stopped selling Mobil, Total, Elf, Shell, & Repsol and now only has Castrol, Dynolube and Tesco brand. I wonder why, sigh...
thats why need to stalk them like an eagle. as soon as they have them on sale quickly swoop in and buy a few keep stock. At current rate I have stock for 4 years ...

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Any Giant Hypermart in Melaka? Lately cheap prices for lube coming from them. Shell FS at RM99, and one day promo at RM89, something like that....
Not sure Melaka still got Giant...the nearest to my office closed down couple month ago. Heard rumors their store are being taken over by TF but so far thay store still vacant.To bad as it had good facility with ample basement parking and the food court is not bad actually.

Marc60,
Malaysian buyer had already slowly smarten up when spending their hard earned income. If u follow the trend of everything u will notice some changes such as;
1.Toyota lose market to other brand. People are buying other make such as Honda and even Pug.Some proffesional even buy a Proton over Toyota. Why buy overpriced empty car when u can have more for..at times cheaper. Its reliable because its old and so empty that nothing will break.
2.TV station is dying for people to pay them for advert.Give kaw2 discount but people did not bother as social media is free and more effective.

Lots other example. Market had smarten up but too bad some company still sitting comfortably running using old strategy.

Engine oil from hypermart...
I am a loyal user for my waja and blm. My BLM is running on tesco brand semi syn. I will buy it when its cheap and will change at 5k km. Why, because its cheap and easier to track the OCI.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
thats why need to stalk them like an eagle. as soon as they have them on sale quickly swoop in and buy a few keep stock. At current rate I have stock for 4 years ...
Like me, have not bought for sometime already, now left 2 bottles FS for my Chery. My other old cars don't run on FS anymore....lol

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Not sure Melaka still got Giant...the nearest to my office closed down couple month ago. Heard rumors their store are being taken over by TF but so far thay store still vacant.To bad as it had good facility with ample basement parking and the food court is not bad actually.

Marc60,
Malaysian buyer had already slowly smarten up when spending their hard earned income. If u follow the trend of everything u will notice some changes such as;
1.Toyota lose market to other brand. People are buying other make such as Honda and even Pug.Some proffesional even buy a Proton over Toyota. Why buy overpriced empty car when u can have more for..at times cheaper. Its reliable because its old and so empty that nothing will break.
2.TV station is dying for people to pay them for advert.Give kaw2 discount but people did not bother as social media is free and more effective.

Lots other example. Market had smarten up but too bad some company still sitting comfortably running using old strategy.

I am a loyal user for my waja and blm. My BLM is running on tesco brand semi syn. I will buy it when its cheap and will change at 5k km. Why, because its cheap and easier to track the OCI.
Too bad as nowadays seems Giant sell Shell Helix cheaper than others, and real cheap some more.....

Marc60

Nov 7, 2018
Where did you see with damaged packing? All these while what I saw, was all good, in fact a whole rack of them all in good packing. As for online you have to check out the seller....
I heard only. Never saw because i never buy lubricants from them. But if not mistaken it was a big issue early this year so many people complain about the damaged and leaking packaging. Plus some also claim that the one they bought at supermarket also got mixed with other oil just like workshop usually sell.

Marc60

Nov 7, 2018

Marc60,

For me, when it comes to car care theres alot you have to take consider of beside cost. Theres reason why there alot of different kind of engine oil made for engine condition. Some cheap engine oil could damage the engine later afraid have to spend more to do overhauling

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
For me, when it comes to car care theres alot you have to take consider of beside cost. Theres reason why there alot of different kind of engine oil made for engine condition. Some cheap engine oil could damage the engine later afraid have to spend more to do overhauling
Not cheap until unbranded loh! I was using FS all the while, different brands but mostly buy during sale price. Then when I join the VRC club I find most of them use SS oil only....lol

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Not cheap until unbranded loh! I was using FS all the while, different brands but mostly buy during sale price. Then when I join the VRC club I find most of them use SS oil only....lol
Thats the point.....
Market has smarten up.We know what to look for and where to go when buying.

Cheap does not mean inferior, expensive does no guarantee ori.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
what do you mean by global shopping chain? i thought hypermarket got sell those branded lubricant. but their packaging always damaged. and how about those online shopping platform selling lubricants?
Global Shopping Chain = Walmart, Tesco, AEON, Giant, etc. These shopping chains are global mah. They all have their distribution networks and that includes oil which usually is imported from Europe probably because of some agreement or something. I have never seen a damaged oil package before in these chain stores so I dunno.

Online shopping platform - unless it's the official site, it's buy at your own risk. Some are genuine oil resellers (like Mayalabs) and some are people looking to make a buck and some are conjobs. You just need to know how to differentiate and be a smart buyer.

Reactions: alcyon

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
upload_2018-11-9_15-12-13.jpeg

Those looking for oil, can check out this warehouse sale, but not sure how good the price will be. Many years ago was very good, through the years the prices have gone up, then it was not held for sometime already then Suddenly it is back....lol

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
But lately, in fact this year very little sales promo from them...
Because the locals are complaining to HQ that they unable to achieve the given target due to too much same ori products offered more cheap at hyper market.

Tesco also been given a warning letter if not mistaken for this EU oils

The EU one very smart that there is no seal after the cap in order to avoid any unnecessary complaint from the locals

:listen:actually EU one better to use than the local one d:marchmellow:

Reactions: alcyon

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Because the locals are complaining to HQ that they unable to achieve the given target due to too much same ori products offered more cheap at hyper market.

The EU one very smart that there is no seal after the cap in order to avoid any unnecessary complaint from the locals

Terrible how the oil companies hold us ransom. Americans are super surprised to hear of our E.O prices. Its sooo cheap over there.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Well, lucky Giant took over and now selling Shell Helix Ultra cheaper than Tesco even.......

Reactions: ^pomen_GTR^

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Mini name will be echoing in the rallying world once again after the iconic brand made a return to the World Rally Championship (WRC) with the debut of their Mini Countryman WRC at the Rally Sardinia last week.

Although the marquee, which has tied up with Prodrive for their rally team, will only be participating in some of the rounds of this year’s calendar as a refinement step before going for the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience