Tesco Brand Engine Oil

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Since if I post the UMW Bonanza Sales it will be taken as sales or advertising, so I will just inform you all here on the upcoming sales.

4th to 7th June 2014
Dataran UWM Pennzoil
Pintu 7, Jalan Utas 15/7
Seksyen 15, Shah Alam

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
So far I use penzoil, I got poisoned. Love it. Very smooth engine responds. Lol. Maybe butt feel but then I know is not lol!

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
So far I use penzoil, I got poisoned. Love it. Very smooth engine responds. Lol. Maybe butt feel but then I know is not lol!
Pennzoil I think they mention slow/time release additives, something like that.....must go back and read it....:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Pennzoil I think they mention slow/time release additives, something like that.....must go back and read it....:driver:
What do u mean by slow/time release additives bro? U mean after pour in, when using this EO it will slowly release additives?

The EO Sale chew u going which day?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
What do u mean by slow/time release additives bro? U mean after pour in, when using this EO it will slowly release additives?

The EO Sale chew u going which day?
I say, you just buy and use, never read or search more on the oil?

Here, got from their website as I don't have any more Pennzoil with me....

Time-Released Protection Technology formulated with Time-Released Molecules, providing a sustained level of superior protection.
Superior Active Cleansing Agents help remove built-up dirt, deposits.
Ultimate performance at high temperature and high friction condition.
Ultimate protection against high temperature deposits, viscosity breakdown and performance-robbing deposits that can dulls engine response.
Excellent fuel efficiency.

Of course I don't know what technology this is......:smokin:

Probably 1st day.....:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I say, you just buy and use, never read or search more on the oil?

Here, got from their website as I don't have any more Pennzoil with me....

Time-Released Protection Technology formulated with Time-Released Molecules, providing a sustained level of superior protection.
Superior Active Cleansing Agents help remove built-up dirt, deposits.
Ultimate performance at high temperature and high friction condition.
Ultimate protection against high temperature deposits, viscosity breakdown and performance-robbing deposits that can dulls engine response.
Excellent fuel efficiency.

Of course I don't know what technology this is......:smokin:
Ya, just buy base on the viscosity and some info on the bottle.. :biggrin:
Thanks for the info :smile:

But then, almost majority EO says similar things about their EO...:hmmmm:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Time release? No woh!
Except that la. :rofl: 1st time heard about time release tech. Will check the bottle again on my next purchase.

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
I know about time release in pill but it's the first time I heard about time release in lube. Maybe I am outdated. Quick check at Mobil1 site found this short info:

Explain 'Time Release Additives' in Motor Oils

Ask Your Stickiest Question. . . Or ask us something you’ve always wanted to know about using our products. We’ll sort through all the submissions and present the best questions to our automotive experts. We'll share the questions and their answers here.

Question:
I've read a lot in the last few weeks regarding 'time release additives' in motor oils that suggest that some oil components only become active due to use, thus maintaining the engine protection for longer periods. Is there any truth in these claims? Does Mobil 1 contain such additives that only release their benefits after use/time in an engine? I noticed that Pennzoil Platinum has a 'Time release formula' and claims that certain anti-wear additives are activated as the oil ages. I'm obviously not asking for details on specific additives, just a general ideas as to if/how this process works. Many thanks.
-- Rich Price, Oahu, HI

Answer:
Yes, almost all engine oils contain additives that could be described as time-release. This is clever advertising that highlights one of the properties that common antiwear additives exhibit. The antiwear additive ZDDP (Zinc DialkylDithioPhosphate) activates as it decomposes at hot metal surfaces and forms a glass-like protective layer on the metallic surface. There are also other additives such as viscosity modifiers which change their physical structure under certain condition in the engine and then go back to an earlier structure when the stress is removed from the molecule. There are also cleaning agents which can be released over time. And yes, Mobil 1 has all these “time released” additives as part of its additive package.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I know about time release in pill but it's the first time I heard about time release in lube. Maybe I am outdated. Quick check at Mobil1 site found this short info:

Ask Your Stickiest Question. . . Or ask us something you’ve always wanted to know about using our products. We’ll sort through all the submissions and present the best questions to our automotive experts. We'll share the questions and their answers here.

Question:
I've read a lot in the last few weeks regarding 'time release additives' in motor oils that suggest that some oil components only become active due to use, thus maintaining the engine protection for longer periods. Is there any truth in these claims? Does Mobil 1 contain such additives that only release their benefits after use/time in an engine? I noticed that Pennzoil Platinum has a 'Time release formula' and claims that certain anti-wear additives are activated as the oil ages. I'm obviously not asking for details on specific additives, just a general ideas as to if/how this process works. Many thanks.
-- Rich Price, Oahu, HI

Answer:
Yes, almost all engine oils contain additives that could be described as time-release. This is clever advertising that highlights one of the properties that common antiwear additives exhibit. The antiwear additive ZDDP (Zinc DialkylDithioPhosphate) activates as it decomposes at hot metal surfaces and forms a glass-like protective layer on the metallic surface. There are also other additives such as viscosity modifiers which change their physical structure under certain condition in the engine and then go back to an earlier structure when the stress is removed from the molecule. There are also cleaning agents which can be released over time. And yes, Mobil 1 has all these “time released” additives as part of its additive package.

Rich Price...what a name :rofl:

So Pennzoil clever they use as their marketing point......:biggrin:
That's why i only see the viscosity most of the time. Since what they said on the packaging is mostly just mere marketing/smart advertising :rofl:

Also penzoil is a reputable brand, so not much worried about it though.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That's why i only see the viscosity most of the time. Since what they said on the packaging is mostly just mere marketing/smart advertising :rofl:

Also penzoil is a reputable brand, so not much worried about it though.
Could be Shell lube, because Pennzoil own by them.....:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Could be Shell lube, because Pennzoil own by them.....:driver:
K that I didn't know. Eneos Autobacs Selling RM185 for Penzoil FS 5w-40. I got mine Penzoil FS 5w-30 at RM135.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Stolen Vehicle, Please help to spread the news.
MODEL: 1.6 Satria oldest version, number plate at bumper
NO: WDX 9630
COLOR: Flat Black
MOD: 1.8 GSR Turbo, Front mount evo3 intercooler
EXTERIOR: GTI Bumper, Mivec Spoiler. Rim, sideskirt, hood everything still the same as photo shown.
If found, please call 016-2020173 (JD)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience