Discussion On Your Daily Ride

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Typically the jet spray should be able to loosen most of the dirt and then they spray the soap “snow wash” which will further loosen any dirt stuck. If they are using better quality sponge, it shouldn’t be that bad too. I haven’t seen any car wash place rinse their sponge in between a wash but definitely the sponge used to clean the rims and car body has to be different.
Jet wash also depends how far the spray head. Too near can damage the paint, too far it does not remove all dirt because spray mist only...lol
There are centers that are good, there is even a detailing center that even dries your car with blower, no wiping. However Is expensive and need reservation....:driver:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I had once heard, some people said they would not send to carwash frequently because the soap used somehow strong to make your car shiny but maybe in the long run will fade the paint. Is it true?

Yeah, i also think maybe no coating la. polish and wax once in 3 months looks reasonable.
Well for me its not really about the soap that is more of a concern (even though surely they also use cheap soap, some even say they use just dishwasher detergent!) but more of how they wash where they just wipe as they go, no proper method like start from top then to bottom etc2. Having said that I do send my cars countless times to whatever car washes under the sun which have the cheapest price I can find and my car paint is still not too bad despite that. Sure they are already not in the best condition but still good enough. However I also do not send every week coz I also often wash them myself. I send to car washes only when I'm lazy. You car is black though, so you should take more care of it better than mine in silver coz black is the most difficult to maintain and the easiest to show water spots, swirls, and scratches especially on the hot engine hood.

yeah.. i choose mark x becoz it has a lil bit of everything. engine is not the most powerful, but enough. design not winning any award but make me wana look it everytime (once parked, while walking away, will look back once), japan made eventhough not new, and the best thing is, it is rear wheel drive. other things/accessories you can add, but not rear wheel drive.

just have the chance to drove it JB-KL last weekend, really nice and satisfied. I think i made a right choice.
Good that you're happy with it. That was my consideration also last time, it fits just about everything of my requirement well, only still not powerful enough (and extra 100HP/100NM would have been great).

How is the fuel economy during the trip Must be very good right? If driven smoothly, you might not need to refill to return to KL coz I had done that once before, went from KL to SG and back to KL on 1 full tank. Your car must be even better coz newer car.

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Well for me its not really about the soap that is more of a concern (even though surely they also use cheap soap, some even say they use just dishwasher detergent!) but more of how they wash where they just wipe as they go, no proper method like start from top then to bottom etc2. Having said that I do send my cars countless times to whatever car washes under the sun which have the cheapest price I can find and my car paint is still not too bad despite that. Sure they are already not in the best condition but still good enough. However I also do not send every week coz I also often wash them myself. I send to car washes only when I'm lazy. You car is black though, so you should take more care of it better than mine in silver coz black is the most difficult to maintain and the easiest to show water spots, swirls, and scratches especially on the hot engine hood.

Good that you're happy with it. That was my consideration also last time, it fits just about everything of my requirement well, only still not powerful enough (and extra 100HP/100NM would have been great).

How is the fuel economy during the trip Must be very good right? If driven smoothly, you might not need to refill to return to KL coz I had done that once before, went from KL to SG and back to KL on 1 full tank. Your car must be even better coz newer car.
ok then, so i just wash at preferred car wash and invest in the paint in 3 years time. haha

fuel economy i think its good enough looking at the comfort and safety that I get in return. Last time, i took the car from kuantan. kuantan-jb-bangi around 836km and i fill up full tank RM140. I calculated with my 1.6 Satria, with the same journey I may need to pay RM100. So with extra RM40, i think its worth it.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
ok then, so i just wash at preferred car wash and invest in the paint in 3 years time. haha

fuel economy i think its good enough looking at the comfort and safety that I get in return. Last time, i took the car from kuantan. kuantan-jb-bangi around 836km and i fill up full tank RM140. I calculated with my 1.6 Satria, with the same journey I may need to pay RM100. So with extra RM40, i think its worth it.
Ya for this type of car, that fuel consumption is pretty good already.

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb

Wow...super good fuel economy for a 2.5L V6!

My recent trip from JB to Genting to KL and then back to JB, Total mileage was about 950km.... Refilled about 3 full tank, about RM600 cause i pump only Vpower racing/Ron100 where possible. :bawling:

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Wow...super good fuel economy for a 2.5L V6!

My recent trip from JB to Genting to KL and then back to JB, Total mileage was about 950km.... Refilled about 3 full tank, about RM600 cause i pump only Vpower racing/Ron100 where possible. :bawling:
Yeah, bcoz u fill Vpower thats why u pay more. I just use 95 and i drive like old man some more hehe. i also keep the speed below 120kmh coz beyond that, the ECO sign is off meaning not economical anymore.

previous owner said use 97 also no difference, but sometimes like once a month, he will fill full tank 97 so can clean the engine. i dont know to what extent this is true. anyone use mark x here experience increase in performance when using 97/Vpower maybe? imho, engine is not cleaner using 97 compared to 95, but in terms of performance, maybe a little difference. any opinion?

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
Yeah, bcoz u fill Vpower thats why u pay more. I just use 95 and i drive like old man some more hehe. i also keep the speed below 120kmh coz beyond that, the ECO sign is off meaning not economical anymore.

previous owner said use 97 also no difference, but sometimes like once a month, he will fill full tank 97 so can clean the engine. i dont know to what extent this is true. anyone use mark x here experience increase in performance when using 97/Vpower maybe? imho, engine is not cleaner using 97 compared to 95, but in terms of performance, maybe a little difference. any opinion?
The Mark X engine has a high compression of 12:1. Typically for higher compression engines, it is recommended to run higher octane fuel to prevent engine knocking. However most family sedan (typically non-sport models) are able to accept Ron 95 as the ecu will retard the ignition timing when lower octane fuel is detected. Mark X's higher compression engine should be able to utilize and extract more power from the higher Ron 97 hence it should make a difference in terms of power but then it depends on how fast the ecu learn and adjust to make use of the better fuel.

For my car, i can't use lower octane fuel as my engine will be knocking if lower grade fuel is used. Even Ron 97 is a little bit risky once my turbo is boosting (compression goes up substantially during boost), i'd rather pay for the fuel more than getting my engine fail prematurely.

you can read up more on engine knocking here -> https://repairpal.com/engine-knocking

More on octane rating -> https://www.carthrottle.com/post/engineering-explained-high-vs-low-octane-petrol/

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
The Mark X engine has a high compression of 12:1. Typically for higher compression engines, it is recommended to run higher octane fuel to prevent engine knocking. However most family sedan (typically non-sport models) are able to accept Ron 95 as the ecu will retard the ignition timing when lower octane fuel is detected. Mark X's higher compression engine should be able to utilize and extract more power from the higher Ron 97 hence it should make a difference in terms of power but then it depends on how fast the ecu learn and adjust to make use of the better fuel.

For my car, i can't use lower octane fuel as my engine will be knocking if lower grade fuel is used. Even Ron 97 is a little bit risky once my turbo is boosting (compression goes up substantially during boost), i'd rather pay for the fuel more than getting my engine fail prematurely.

you can read up more on engine knocking here -> https://repairpal.com/engine-knocking

More on octane rating -> https://www.carthrottle.com/post/engineering-explained-high-vs-low-octane-petrol/
oh... i dont exactly know how knocking sound like, but i guess thats why i think the engine sounds a bit harsh. is it? i will try 97 after current fuel in the tank dries and see the difference... hmmmm

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
You use like scrambler go off road ah?....hhahahhaha
There is this attitude where most car drivers will adopt when its raining....they will stick to one lane until they are stuck in a jam and realize they are in the wrong lane.They will squeeze to the correct lane causing no gap for riders to cilok.
we had to use the shoulder which most of the along my route is tanah merah.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all

I have been a fan of these sports cars for years and am in the position to buy such cars now. What is the true cost of own and maintain top end sports cars in Malaysia? Anyone here maintained a GTR or Z or even an SLK? Do share yr experiences....

TQ
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience