choices of second hand sports car

nyne

Known Member
May 21, 2013
selangor
Hey everyone, i need some help over here and expert( you guys) advice. I was thinking of getting a second hand sports car as my daily drive around the city and long distance travel like "balik kampung".

provide me some advice please, in-terms of maintenance, spare parts, fuel consumption and anything that related to it.

My budget is about RM60K - RM80K

These are the car of my choice, but maybe you guys can suggest another car.

Nissan 350Z
Mazda RX8
BMW 330ci E46
Honda Integra
Mercedes CLK

Much appreciated though if you guys help up. :D

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Similar questions like this has been asked frequently at ZTH. Some examples of recent discussions of similar topic can be referred at here.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car-talk/407802-sport-car-for-fresh-grads.html

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car-talk/437804-what-car-why.html

It may be long but if you're really interested in getting a car, then I think reading these threads is definitely useful for you.

BTW, when you mention Integra on above, which Integra do you mean? DC5 or DC2 or the older DB2? Type R, GSR, SiR, etc?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
The rest for daily drives seems okay except for RX-8 and 350Z.
Also if u r considering about FC wise, then can forget about 350Z or RX-8.

Anyway, refer to those links Renesis posted. U can find lots of answers there. :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
The rest for daily drives seems okay except for RX-8 and 350Z.
Also if u r considering about FC wise, then can forget about 350Z or RX-8.

Anyway, refer to those links Renesis posted. U can find lots of answers there. :biggrin:
Haha, thanks for promoting the post. :biggrin:

350Z as a daily drive car is probably rare but I've seen RX-8 being used as daily drive car. Probably the owner is ___ or too rich.

Integra might not be too good as a daily drive car if we're talking about the Type R versions. Suspension stiffness might irritate you like hell after a long drive.

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Haha, thanks for promoting the post. :biggrin:

350Z as a daily drive car is probably rare but I've seen RX-8 being used as daily drive car. Probably the owner is____ rich.

Integra might not be too good as a daily drive car if we're talking about the Type R versions. Suspension stiffness might irritate you like hell after a long drive.
Best edit your post bro, later you got to put on your fireman suit. :rofl:
Some RX-8 are A/T ma...can use as daily drive, as long as their pocket allows them to :biggrin:

Just that some sports car/performance car just dont consume as much petrol as RX-8.
If one can afford it, why not? Even a GTR35 as daily drive is okay, just not recommended if pocket not that deep :rofl:

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Yeah, most RX8 otr in Malaysia are auto, which are slight detuned compared to the manuals.

Flick thru the Feature section, a 900whp GTR Alpha claimed to be a daily beater by the owner....hehe

If the pocket is deep enough, you can daily anything you want. That's why I ask about the owner preference regarding transmission instead.

nyne

Known Member
May 21, 2013
selangor
haha yeahh i agree with youu. Subaru legacy seems ok, but how about spare parts? in terms of finding it.

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

i have does read does thread actually, pretty much it teach me something about owning a sports car. is like treating a hot chick.

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

yeahhh i agree with you guys, most sports car i see on the road is RX-8. i thnk almost everyday i see RX8. most people said RX8 consume more patrol, but there is still alot of people use it as daily drive. i wonder wht is their answer.

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

i thnk 350Z is abit out of my list, with that big engine. my money gonna finish on the patrol only. how about family like Toyota Caldina, wht do you guys thnk abotu it?

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

something more practical but it has sports car performance. transmission, either one im fine.

nyne

Known Member
May 21, 2013
selangor
Altezza not bad actually.. thanks guys and much appreciated though. if any of you guys has more suggestion on practical performance car, it will be great for me to open up my perspective on choosing cars.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Lancer Evo is the best value for money if you're looking for real performance car! No cars in your list will ever beat it. Got practicality of a 4 door some more. You can get Evo VI-VII with that budget.

Another good option I think is the Silvia S15R, better than RX8 if you want RWD car. There are many RX8 on the road because the price is cheap compared to the others. 350Z is nice but road tax costs the bomb, around rm4.3K! 330 E46 is also a nice car but not as fast, and road tax also pretty expensive at around >2k+.

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
altezza quite good choice.

if size not a problem, do consider celica. kinda cheap and sporty.

again if sporty and not sport, 2k cc e46 320 also can consider.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Brother, you sure or not.. perodua spent Rm580million to "manufacture" myvi? where did you get your facts? perodua didnt even spend anything to develop that car, because perodua is only doing rebadging.
My advise, always give more attention at business section in news paper..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience