vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
some of these rules... abit funny
chassis welding
-in cases where theres an accident, they will still weld the chassis
-i know of a guy's who installed such hard shocks, his shocks penetrated through the strut tower, they tampal balik (not sure how also)
-i also hear of ppl adding more weld points, funny things like this.

engine mounts
-those k swapped ek's eg's with their hasport mounts macam no issue with jpj for some reason....
-gen2's neo's personas all need to modify the mount to sumbat 4g93's also....
Yah! they add arc weld to spot weld areas......lol

That day some one mention mount extension or something...rules can bend a little with you know what.....hahhahhahahha:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Woah, this old thread is revived. One of the first few threads that I participated when I was still new here. :biggrin:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang

That day some one mention mount extension or something...rules can bend a little with you know what.....hahhahhahahha:driver:
1st main issue must pass 25% engine capacity increment.
the rest is like ok lah, ok kut....pass. :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Very old post, got a folk once asked whether my LGT is Evo X. He said my brakes are huge with 4 pots Brembo. I just lol, and explained i upgraded my brakes only. Still a GT.

And no i can tell the BBK stopping power is just right depending how you use it. Without upgrading to EVO X master pump, it won't jamme brake like you might perceived. My BBK is one my happiest mods after coilovers, braking into corners and emergency braking is much more stable and stronger. This BBK saved me a couple times from deadly accidents thanks to some mofo drove recklessly and rammed into the cars in front of me, its lucky that i am able to slow down quick enough and steer my way out, i was lucky no others in my escape direction.
Tell that guy to identify via wide body design at the rear part of the car. Check for projector headlamps (except if you are using Evo X RS), brembo brakes, bulge at side of roof (except for those with sunroof) and the presence of an intercooler. These are the things that is not commonly done compared to those bumpers, hood, spoiler and fender add on for most Evo X look conversion.

But nowadays, everything can be converted.

sorry we don't have those restrictions in Thailand

If you have to stick with 2000cc I thing a Toyota '4age beams' (from a IS200) would be a nice engine to swap into a RWD car like an e36, seen them in e30's before.
That means one can just go for any engine as long as they fit? So even crazy project like V8 1UZ-FE KE70 can be done legally? I guess those with CB2A Lancer 1.3 can also convert to 4G63T without issue.

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
If you don't drift, IMHO better go with Evos/WRXs, fast car straight out of the box and can still be modded further to make them pure evil, but again depending on how deep your pocket is. (if deep then almost sky is the limit, if not then even in stock they're already fast & fun enough) The other thing is how much tolerable are you to the harshness/hardcore ride of Evos/WRXs. If BMW then surely more comfortable, even old ones, can still say ferry your parents comfortably for example.
Maybe powerslide at most. haha

Will mod for DD reliability + power.. cant keep up with the unicorn, junior coming. I'll think ill just buy the car since it is less than 2k. ECU for perdanalution can continue later. Worse comes to worst, can sell and profit abit.

think will save for sti/evo, since my wife like speed,those are built for speed.:burnout:

some of these rules... abit funny
chassis welding
-in cases where theres an accident, they will still weld the chassis
-i know of a guy's who installed such hard shocks, his shocks penetrated through the strut tower, they tampal balik (not sure how also)
-i also hear of ppl adding more weld points, funny things like this.

engine mounts
-those k swapped ek's eg's with their hasport mounts macam no issue with jpj for some reason....
-gen2's neo's personas all need to modify the mount to sumbat 4g93's also....

if this welding etc pass during puspakom, what happen if insurance check for claim?:hmmmm:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Tell that guy to identify via wide body design at the rear part of the car. Check for projector headlamps (except if you are using Evo X RS), brembo brakes, bulge at side of roof (except for those with sunroof) and the presence of an intercooler. These are the things that is not commonly done compared to those bumpers, hood, spoiler and fender add on for most Evo X look conversion.

But nowadays, everything can be converted.

That means one can just go for any engine as long as they fit? So even crazy project like V8 1UZ-FE KE70 can be done legally? I guess those with CB2A Lancer 1.3 can also convert to 4G63T without issue.
evos... theres one other obvious dif... the fuel flap (or do we call it a door? nah door sounds weird)

cars like the beemer, alot swap from the 1.8 to a 2.5 1j.... from what i hear some of them do it by registering another filler block in between to deal with the 25% rule (actually i believe there's a diferent form for this kinds of transplants)... from this, i also assume they calculate your next 'max capasity' based on what's installed in your car at that moment, Not the original engine your car came with.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
evos... theres one other obvious dif... the fuel flap (or do we call it a door? nah door sounds weird)

cars like the beemer, alot swap from the 1.8 to a 2.5 1j.... from what i hear some of them do it by registering another filler block in between to deal with the 25% rule (actually i believe there's a diferent form for this kinds of transplants)... from this, i also assume they calculate your next 'max capasity' based on what's installed in your car at that moment, Not the original engine your car came with.
So swap twice get 50% increase?.....:biggrin:

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Whaaaa so lucky laa! My wife is the exact opposite!
drive slow in open highway, she will be awake and ask what happen..hahaha

If can pass Puspakom should be ok, right?:hmmmm:
the insurance will investigate/check the car right? before approve the claim etc.

means that endorse 2.0 then 2.5?:hmmmm:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Yes, the fuel cap. If one is doing the Evo X rear wide body conversion, the fuel cap will have to be changed to the square one. But even for that, it can be converted as I had seen one myself at SS2 area. Not a real Evo but nicely converted Lancer. Converted almost everything from square fuel cap, rear widebody, bulged roof, Evo X BBS wheels but the projector lamp and Brembo brakes are left out. The absence of an intercooler also gave its identity away.

Filler block? So they just use that filler block as a stepping stone before jumping into even higher displacement?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yes, the fuel cap. If one is doing the Evo X rear wide body conversion, the fuel cap will have to be changed to the square one. But even for that, it can be converted as I had seen one myself at SS2 area. Not a real Evo but nicely converted Lancer. Converted almost everything from square fuel cap, rear widebody, bulged roof, Evo X BBS wheels but the projector lamp and Brembo brakes are left out. The absence of an intercooler also gave its identity away.

Filler block? So they just use that filler block as a stepping stone before jumping into even higher displacement?
Convert for looks, people find out laughing stock loh.....

I rather convert to powerful engine but hide the conversion like my VR except the big exhaust, others cannot be seen, even emblem taken out

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Big exhaust also sometimes kena cucuk.....since so low profile.
Let them through, so they can see intercooler. Hahaha...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

I rather convert to powerful engine but hide the conversion like my VR except the big exhaust, others cannot be seen, even emblem taken out
Normal Lancer/Inspira convert to Evo X exterior for the more pronounced muscular look. Wider fender section and aggressive vent styling. :biggrin: The original look makes the car look tame and subdued.

I'm actually not a person that is into exterior conversion but except for a selected few and Evo X look is one of them.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008

My idea exactly, not making a all show no go car. Though if ii am doing rear fender flare, i would get ori evo bumber, ori evo rear doors and retain the round fuel cap, the workmanship must be perfectly clean like stock looking but able to standout. I don mind there is a hollow gap on the fuel cap area. Just love the wide body look on my car. For power department, at least a 2.4 Mivec, powerful enough to reach 200hp with some modding.