evo 3 problem.

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Sep 10, 2012
Grenada
my evo 3 was workin so sweet until the timing belt burst. damage some valves. i replace the bent valves and bolt back up the head.all the mating marks are dead on but the car not running how it use to. i double check the timing over and over and it dead on .any helps for you guys?

ed78

Known Member
Jan 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Were there any other damages to the head? was the head skimmed well after fitting? it may cause leaks and lost of pressure........... piston damaged?

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
thts the reason i wont replace valves or etc , bent ? throw the head away, cause there might be small small stuff tht we dont notice owith a naked eye

perry gazoo

Sep 10, 2012
Grenada
No the block is fine. i did a compression test and its ok.

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

also i notice the belt need a little more tension. that could be the cause?

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
No the block is fine. i did a compression test and its ok.

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

also i notice the belt need a little more tension. that could be the cause?
if compression test ok, check the balance shaft n timing marking....wat head gasket using?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

ok guys...now i reli reli pening...im having a dilemma & nightmares on which ADJUSTABLE COILOVERS to get..these are my choices...(prices stated r for wira gsr)

1. NEW gab adjustable, hi/lo - RM1.9k..these are claimed to be local assembled with the parts & technology fr japan...took a test drive in a perdana v6 wif these shocks n it performed nicely...quite to my liking..but dunno about its reliability

2. NEW hwl mt1, hi/lo - RM1.6k..heard from MANY shops that the HWLs are very prone to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience