white smoke = valve seal? or piston ring? or turbo out? or....

nasevo

Mar 15, 2005
Hi guys

I guess this is my first post in this thread. I've change my Sei engine to 2.0 evo engine 3 months ago. All still standard. Just change the metal gasket.

I notice my car has:
: white smoke when boost
: white smoke when change gear
: no white smoke when idle
: exhaust smell really bad

Is it sign of
- piston ring worn out?
- valve seal dead?
- turbo seal word out?

Where can i have compression test? I'm in bkt jalil, is there any place in cheras that i can do the test? roughly how much they charge for such test?

my fuel consumption is rm50=max 300km (behave driving style - boost sometimes. Town driving ). Is it normal?
rm10 ~ 50-60km

How much roughly the cost to repair
- valve seal
- piston ring
- turbo service

I'm new in turbo, so please help :)

TQ

opp1

Mar 22, 2005
Dude,

Sounds like the turbo's gone. Check out GT Auto in Sunway. Look for Toby the boss. Cheers!!

cypress8

Jul 11, 2004
Not really a piston ring problem I would say. If that's a piston ring problem, once you start your engine or idle, sure will have white smoke coming out from the exhaust. Agree with opp1, it's the turbo. Feel any power loss? For sure the answer is yes...

You might also want to call Tong Turbo at 0123822334.

nasevo

Mar 15, 2005
Thanks guys

cypress8
where exactly Tong Turbo shop? I heard he moved already from old place at Tmn Connought?

Normally how much to service the turbo + parts?

TQ

cypress8

Jul 11, 2004
nasevo said:
Thanks guys

cypress8
where exactly Tong Turbo shop? I heard he moved already from old place at Tmn Connought?

Normally how much to service the turbo + parts?

TQ
To be honest, I can't really remember how to get to Tong Turbo, coz I'm not from KL, all I can remember is it is behind the Phoenix Mall, there's a road next to the shell petrol station, follow that road, you will see a few roll of shop lots, it is located somewhere there. So it is best to call him up he will give up you the exact direction :D

As for the price, I'm not sure. I was charged bout 1.6k for upgrading the TD05-16g to 18g.

revolution3

Jan 20, 2004
i have problem white smoke in the morning just little bit .Then white smoke after engine warmup few minute. Just little bit smoke. What is the problem. After normal daily work . i stop my car n idling mode. I check no white smoke. What problem ha. I check turbo connection no licking? What problem? valve seal or oil piston ring kaput? My turbo ok no lose power stail maintain.

Act-4

Jul 22, 2004
i have proble with d white smoke since last 2 week.But when d engine
on idling only.I hav change the valve seal and the problem solve.

GSRTurbo

Dec 1, 2003
I thought when u rev got white smoke and idling no white smoke is the valve seal, correct me if I'm wrong.Turbo and piston ring usually u can see white smoke when idling also.

sakuraguy

Sendai, JAPAN.
The white smoke mentioned by nasevo cud be both valve seal or piston ring, dunt worry nuthin' wrg wif ure turbocharger. Turbocharged cars are not like normal cars, a very often, frequent maintenance is advisable for keeping it in top level.

Have a good day!

Act-4

Jul 22, 2004
mine is d white smoke is only when iddling but when engine on running
condition,no white smoke is spotted.But if the turbo got problem,iddling
and running oso got white smoke rite..??correct me if i'am wrong

jzhost

Sep 8, 2004
for mine, not often got white smooke, only very little while running(according to my friend, hes at behind) while slow down or already stop, WOW!!! white smooke keep coming out almost 1 minutes, try change valve seal, same problem, finnally send my turbo service last week and now... everythings fine.

reubenc

Apr 22, 2004
my car also has white smoke when its running above 0.3 boost..
i though it may be because that it is runnin lean.

jio, so u guys sayin that may be a spoilt turbo punya pasal ar?

i dun have white smoke durin idle only whn i boost at 0.5 like dat on gear 2 and 3 gear 4 and 5 no prob....

wats the problem then?

g88

Jan 28, 2004
reubenc said:
my car also has white smoke when its running above 0.3 boost..
i though it may be because that it is runnin lean.

jio, so u guys sayin that may be a spoilt turbo punya pasal ar?

i dun have white smoke durin idle only whn i boost at 0.5 like dat on gear 2 and 3 gear 4 and 5 no prob....

wats the problem then?
:o your Saga turbo oredi ar ? Since when bro...how much ler ?

reubenc

Apr 22, 2004
not too long ago.not saga la...my other car

fahmic99le

Oct 7, 2005
what is the main reason for turbo kong already? What do they do to fix it?
I'm already have a little smoke coming out.. Donno whatta problem, as it comes not so frequent.

Err, it's an idiot question; blue smoke also related to what aa? Spark plug? AF ratio?

dev

Dec 26, 2003
Pert, Australia
fahmic99le, do u lose brake fluid always? do u need to top it up always? i learn bout this b4... forgot... so i want to know u got top up ur brake fluid always o not? smells like rotten egg?

Act-4

Jul 22, 2004
revolution3 said:
bro how mush valve seal ? my bei have some valve seal problem...
valve seal it self,i buy d original wan(they said)..1 set RM 120 and all together include
workmanship nearly 300.mine is ' bawah pokok 'bengkel oni,don't know other
mec. price.

dev

Dec 26, 2003
Pert, Australia
u have a worn ring o valve seal.. sorry, if white smoke it means u have brake fluid o atf in ur engine burning... sorry guys... i apologize...

Hi again all ZTH members ... Here to create a thread which will mainly discuss only SUPERCHARGER issues ... I understand that supercharger is a type of Force Induction system which is the kit itself is mounted on the crank (engine) ... The pulley driven device will drives the air into the kit and compresses it then send it to the intake manifold ...

Ok thats some brief introduction ... Hope i've got them all correct ... Now the further on discussion will be NA engines to fix with...