attachmentxo.jpg

Evo 3 spring and retainer: 69.1 gram
Evo 8 spring and retainer: 43.5 gram

Evo 3 retainer: 13.6 gram
Evo 8 retainer: 4.0 gram

Evo 3 spring: 55.5 gram
Evo 8 spring: 39.5 gram

What is Beehive design ?
Valve springs that do not resonate are progressive, wound with varying pitch or varying diameter called beehive springs[12] from their shape. The number of active coils in these springs varies during the stroke, the more closely wound coils being on the static end, becoming inactive as the spring compresses or as in the beehive spring, where the small diameter coils at the top are stiffer. Both mechanisms reduce resonance because spring force and its moving mass vary with stroke. This advance in spring design removed valve float, the initial impetus for desmodromic valve drive.

Quoted by Comp :
Because of the unique Beehive design, the valve train can handle more rpm and more aggressive cam profiles for occasional bracket racing but still retain durability for street driving.

How does Beehive springs look like, right is normal, left is beehive designed
hppp_0902_06_z+comp_cams+beehive_spring_with_retainer.jpg

Reviews from evolutionm:

• OP, I forgot to mention that Alfred (he's an awesome tuner) at Tuning Technologies here in So Cal told me that the stock valve train kicks ass and that he ran Kelford 272 cams to 8000 RPM all the time on his personal car with no problems whatsoever.
  • OEM Evo springs have a MAX lift of 11mm. Sure you can throw Kelfords, or S2's (11.2MM Intake) in with stock springs, and sure people are going to be on the internet saying its fine and their car runs great on stock springs and they went this many RPM's for this many miles without issue.
  • Kelford 272 cams work FINE and WELL with the stock valve train up to 7500 to 8000 rpm. Period. Do it, you will not have a problem and you'll save money
  • i rev my stock valvetrain to 8500 all the time!
  • ive had my hks 264/264 cams in for about two weeks now, still using stock valve spring/reatainers. with the works p2 flash that i currently have im able to redline at 8000 rpms.
  • You can do 8000 rpms on the stock springs but make sure your car is tuned for it. I do 8000 all day on the stock head but in my case everything else has been done.
  • well since my car runs at 8500 all day long and doesn't barely taper off around 7500-8k it would still be over 500awhp at 8500....thats decent pump gas power regardless..

so in conclusion, evo 8/9 valvepsrings and retainer are cheap alternative upgrades

Evo 3 spring and retainer
attachmentrx.jpg

Evo 8 spring and retainer
attachmentpz.jpg

Evo 3 retainer
attachmentqv.jpg

Evo 8 retainer
attachmentxo.jpg

Evo 3 spring and retainer: 69.1 gram
Evo 8 spring and retainer: 43.5 gram

Evo 3 retainer: 13.6 gram
Evo 8 retainer: 4.0 gram

Evo 3 spring: 55.5 gram
Evo 8 spring: 39.5 gram

What is Beehive design ?
Valve springs that do not resonate are progressive, wound with varying pitch or varying diameter called beehive springs[12] from their shape. The number of active coils in these springs varies during the stroke, the more closely wound coils being on the static end, becoming inactive as the spring compresses or as in the beehive spring, where the small diameter coils at the top are stiffer. Both mechanisms reduce resonance because spring force and its moving mass vary with stroke. This advance in spring design removed valve float, the initial impetus for desmodromic valve drive.

Quoted by Comp :
Because of the unique Beehive design, the valve train can handle more rpm and more aggressive cam profiles for occasional bracket racing but still retain durability for street driving.

How does Beehive springs look like, right is normal, left is beehive designed
hppp_0902_06_z+comp_cams+beehive_spring_with_retainer.jpg

Reviews from evolutionm:

• OP, I forgot to mention that Alfred (he's an awesome tuner) at Tuning Technologies here in So Cal told me that the stock valve train kicks ass and that he ran Kelford 272 cams to 8000 RPM all the time on his personal car with no problems whatsoever.
  • OEM Evo springs have a MAX lift of 11mm. Sure you can throw Kelfords, or S2's (11.2MM Intake) in with stock springs, and sure people are going to be on the internet saying its fine and their car runs great on stock springs and they went this many RPM's for this many miles without issue.
  • Kelford 272 cams work FINE and WELL with the stock valve train up to 7500 to 8000 rpm. Period. Do it, you will not have a problem and you'll save money
  • i rev my stock valvetrain to 8500 all the time!
  • ive had my hks 264/264 cams in for about two weeks now, still using stock valve spring/reatainers. with the works p2 flash that i currently have im able to redline at 8000 rpms.
  • You can do 8000 rpms on the stock springs but make sure your car is tuned for it. I do 8000 all day on the stock head but in my case everything else has been done.
  • well since my car runs at 8500 all day long and doesn't barely taper off around 7500-8k it would still be over 500awhp at 8500....thats decent pump gas power regardless..

so in conclusion, evo 8/9 valvepsrings and retainer are cheap alternative upgrades

bro isnt easy to get the stock e8/9 valve spring..hehe..just buy gsc with beehive la better!!:proud:

I have 5 sets evo 9 if anyone interested :D

Do these fit 4g18 engines? Currently on a 272 piper cams but looking around helplessly for valve spring!
Or any valve spring, retainer available in the market for 4g18? Hope you guys can help, thank you!

I got complete Evo 8 valvesprings for sale...
Bought brand (with receipt and pic) new and used 3 months only.
Reason : Changed to BC springs for higher rev application.

Top Bottom